Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, my girlfriend has begun to accompany me to matches...

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

Cheers folks. Well, AshBurton still the only one to halloo me in person, but I feel that se9addick is closing the net...perhaps come the Preston game, all shall be confirmed...

I sat next to you and your lady friend at the Leeds game last year but was too scared to approach...
    You could have spoken to his Butler and asked him to deliver a message to His Lordship on a plastic plate
    SIlence, dishwater
  • Options

Leuth said:

Cheers folks. Well, AshBurton still the only one to halloo me in person, but I feel that se9addick is closing the net...perhaps come the Preston game, all shall be confirmed...

I sat next to you and your lady friend at the Leeds game last year but was too scared to approach...
    How do you know ? Genuinely curious.
  • Options
    To be fair, there aren't many women in the North Upper furiously scribbling notes for the entire match, accompanied by a strange young man who sometimes whips out a pair of field glasses (ok, binoculars) for managerial observation
  • Options
    I reckon I sat next to her at the Huddersfield game. Exited from L Block to go to the bog after their second goal and when came back sat at nearest vacant seat by the exit as ht approaching and couldn't be arsed to go back to row GG.

She was writing furiously throughout. Do I win a prize?
  • Options

I reckon I sat next to her at the Huddersfield game. Exited from L Block to go to the bog after their second goal and when came back sat at nearest vacant seat by the exit as ht approaching and couldn't be arsed to go back to row GG.

No, that was the environmental health officer / anti-smoking in the bogs monitor
  • Options

Nope. We sat together throughout in the same seats.

Interesting that there is another person writing furiously though. What could it mean?
  • Options
    That said, we do sit in L Block very very near the stairwell, so it probably was her after all
  • Options
    You win a marigold shoe, obv
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Leuth said:

How do you know ? Genuinely curious.
    Well I posted a discription on here my be this thread or another and included the seats we were in and Leuth confirmed it was them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @se9addick wins a prize for being the first to come up to us and say hi!

The prize is today's report!

Just what he (and all of you) wanted to see.
  • Options
    Safari can't find the server.
  • Options
    Works for me on Safari. It's just the Charlton Aesthetic wordpress link - google the blog's name and it's the first thing on it

…or continue to toast Charlton's merry progress with a Bovril and a Beano - the choice is yours!
  • Options
    Hope you didn't take her yesterday...if you did, it was good while it lasted I suppose.
  • Options
    Next time she asks if you can go somewhere on a Tuesday, "I can't, I'm going Charlton" may not cut it anymore, or she'll just p**s herself laughing.
  • Options
    "We are the lost fish of Atlantis, swimming uncertainly in our own mythologised existence."
  • Options
    Maybe we should have 'are we the slain?' on our crest. Just below 'roll on death'.
  • Options
    Well, that was suitably cathartic - and I can honestly say that is the first time I have even smiled, let alone LOL'd, since I set eyes on Luzon's horrific team sheet at 7pm last night. Thank you, Leuth's girlfriend.

And as WSS has already quoted my favourite bit, I will console myself with the fact that Pope is, on the whole, usually in the vicinity of the goal. Thank goodness for small mercies, eh?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

@se9addick wins a prize for being the first to come up to us and say hi!

The prize is today's report!

Just what he (and all of you) wanted to see.

It was the highlight of my night.

Literally.
  • Options
    Cheer up everyone! It could be worse - my darling girlfriend could have gone to sleep instead of writing her report!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Your sweetheart has mercifully done us proud, as always and despite her own ailments. Kindly pamper her excessively.
  • Options

Btw, nice picture to accompany the apocalyptic text - if you look carefully you can just see a 486 in the bottom left-hand corner. As for the customary picture, regret to say I think Atlas is shaping up for a foul throw and he's certainly in line for a yellow card for shirt removal ....
  • Options
    The Roland Prison Experiment.

Brilliant way of putting it.

(Would have been a good band name as well.)
  • Options
    Row DD approx 195/6
  • Options
    These are a marvel to read.
  • Options
    And lo! It was not a match report this time, but a birthday cheer!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dear Lord, there is a response from a2c.
    From the sublime to the ridiculous
  • Options

Leuth said:
    Dear Lord, there is a response from a2c.
    From the sublime to the ridiculous
    Is it supposed to be in English?
  • Options
    a2c is a renowned wordsmith in his own right, tbf!