Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR

Comments

• Options
    I've said it before but I have always thought that FFP wouldn't stand up to a legal challenge, isn't it a restraint of trade?
  • Options
    I have no faith that a fair and just resolution will happen. QPR will play in the championship next season and if they pay more than a £ 2 million I'll, be surprised.
  • Options
    I think we all know how this will pan out. Shame really it is a good opportunity for the league to try and restore a bit of fairness and sanity back into football.
    At some point football will have to put its house in order.
  • Options
    I see from reports that the dispute is going to arbitration, which will be much quicker in terms of a resolution. It is also completely confidential and so the proceedings will - unfortunately from an interest point of view - be conducted away from the glare of publicity. If it were to the distance, the award handed down would also remain confidential (subject to certain prescribed exceptions) and it would not create a precedent for future cases. Maybe that also suits the Football League in one sense, although QPR's challenge is, of course, very public and the outcome is likely to become known at some stage anyway.

One of QPR's arguments is likely to be that they should be judged by reference to the revised regime which comes into force at the beginning of 2016/17, under which teams will be allowed to lose up to £39 million over three years. There is a legal principle under which a person should benefit from a lighter penalty where there has been a change in the law but I'm not aware of it being applied outside the criminal context. I don't think it's an attractive position argument and, in any event, it would be a mitigating factor, rather than a complete answer for QPR, given the huge losses they've been clocking up (and will no doubt incur next season).

There will be plenty of scope for a deal to be struck and an arbitration may make that more likely. Sadly, I expect that is what will transpire, especially as the proceeds of any fine won't benefit the League's member clubs (something which Scudamore and chums were insistent upon). A bland one line press release will then appear to say the issue has been resolved on confidential terms.
  • Options

I have no faith that a fair and just resolution will happen. QPR will play in the championship next season and if they pay more than a £ 2 million I'll, be surprised.

This with knobs on.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    redman said:

I don't know the legal rules here in detail. However as I see it QPR are NOT currently a member of the Football League (the premiership being independent). Why is there a legal duty for the FL to accept them. It has always been convention that they do. However a similarity is where a conference side has been promoted but not accepted because of their ground (I am sure this has happened although not recently).
    Accept the rules of don't join the club.

Good point here. Would such a stance upset the Premier League? It is technically after all one of its clubs the FL would not be accepting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

redman said:

I don't know the legal rules here in detail. However as I see it QPR are NOT currently a member of the Football League (the premiership being independent). Why is there a legal duty for the FL to accept them. It has always been convention that they do. However a similarity is where a conference side has been promoted but not accepted because of their ground (I am sure this has happened although not recently).
    Accept the rules of don't join the club.

Good point here. Would such a stance upset the Premier League? It is technically after all one of its clubs the FL would not be accepting.
    I think the only people who would be upset if the FL refuse to admit QPR would be ageing journeymen footballers looking to get rich quick.
  • Options
    Well if the Premier League don't kick up a fuss, stick them in the Conference I say - As long as it doesn't keep Millwall up!
  • Options

Well if the Premier League don't kick up a fuss, stick them in the Conference I say - As long as it doesn't keep Millwall up!

Why should the Conference have to deal with them? Let them drop to the bottom of the pyramid.
  • Options
    Thing is when AFC Wimbledon were formed they wanted to start in the Conference South... that League said no and the only one that accepted them was a lot lower.

Football League take note... You do have the right to refuse entry into League Two, grow some balls and actually follow through on this
  • Options
    The thing is, everyone wants QPR to get punished, whether it is with a multi-million pound fine or expulsion to the Conference.

What is the owners figure out it isn't worth the continued financial issues, figure out some way of removing their money from the club, the club accepts the fine but with no money it goes into administration then either takes a big points hit next season or winds up, whilst the owners only take a small financial hit comparatively speaking.

I really don't like QPR but this is basically entirely the fault of cack-handed owners and cack-handed managers. Surely the club's fans and employees shouldn't suffer due to their idiocy?
  • Options
    No, but they do.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I will definitely sign @Covered End's petition where do I sign? ;)
  • Options
    Will be playing in Championship next year
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32742194
  • Options
    Quel surprise!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Give them a 30 points deduction like Luton got a few years ago.
  • Options
    Cheats.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The people who run the league are a joke. So QPR now know that they won't be punished by demotion so they drag out the legal process for years ? And in the meantime spend and get promoted again. If QPR drive a coach and horses through FFP then it might as well be scrapped now. At least then the owners who try to run a club responsibly know exactly where they stand.
  • Options
    As a minimum, the league should put a transfer embargo on them. That should concentrate their minds.
  • Options
    The panto season starts early.......
  • Options
    Farce !
    Oh well, lets just all ignore the league shall we?
  • Options
    Surely the should at least put a wage cap pn qpr and if they fail it give them a points deduction.

Otherwise they will still have players on stupid wages and probably bring a load more in
  • Options
    If they get fined and made to pay £58M, does the cost go against them for next seasons FFP and allow the league the chance to fine them again, and again, and again.lol
  • Options
    Pathetic ... The FA have again proved they are spineless.

FFP was a great idea, but may as well drop it now as it is totally abused.

What a waste of time.