Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR

Comments

• Options
    The FA have said QPR will be playing Championship football next season.
    They haven't said they won't have a point deduction.
  • Options
    Why are the Football League making their own position weaker? I don't understand it. What are they hoping to achieve? If it was to avoid the law suit, surely they could have just announced a "substantial" fine (about 23p) had been paid by QPR and it was all resolved.
  • Options
    Paul Merson just said, if players can choose who to join next season QPR or Burnley they would pick QPR

Well yes Paul, QPR offer stupid wages so are more likely to get players
  • Options

Paul Merson just said, if players can choose who to join next season QPR or Burnley they would pick QPR

Also, have you been to Burnley?
  • Options
    Matched a 3.5 million pound bid for two Swindon players, that Villa have also gone in for.

clearly QPR don't care about fines if they are already bidding for players.
  • Options

Hmm, a well run club that banked the money from promotion to improve long term, with a well respected and proven manager, who is admired throughout football and has a track record of getting out of this division...
    Or a shambles of a club with massive debts, an unproven manager, and a squad full of overpaid, fading pros

Sadly most players would probably choose the latter
  • Options
    Are the other 23 clubs going to do anything about this or just let it wash over them?
  • Options

Are the other 23 clubs going to do anything about this or just let it wash over them?

What CAN they do? Legitimate question, not being facetious. Protesting and pointing out that QPR have essentially cheated is fine but everyone involved is already well aware of it, I don't know there is any power amongst other clubs to do anything about it short of refusing to do business with QPR. And that isn't going to happen, not amongst all 23 other clubs anyway - money talks loudly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

What CAN they do? Legitimate question, not being facetious. Protesting and pointing out that QPR have essentially cheated is fine but everyone involved is already well aware of it, I don't know there is any power amongst other clubs to do anything about it short of refusing to do business with QPR. And that isn't going to happen, not amongst all 23 other clubs anyway - money talks loudly.
    Could force them to give Simon Church a contract
  • Options
    Petition up and running:

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-league-implement-financial-fair-play-sanctions-against-queens-park-rangers?just_created=true

Sign it and tell all your friends, acquaintances and even those you don't like to sign it, too.
  • Options

Take the League to court as mentioned above by various others.
  • Options
    They've released 6 players inc. Ferdinand, Barton and Wright-Phillips.
    Wouldn't mind getting the latter and the chants that would follow.
    "He's better than Brad,
    He's better than Braaaad!
    Shaun Wright-Phillips,
    He's better than Brad."
  • Options

"He's better than Brad,
    Shaun Wright-Phillips,
    He's better than Brad."

Is he though? I doubt it.

Besides, he'd probably still want £700 a week even now.
  • Options

"He's better than Brad,
    Shaun Wright-Phillips,
    He's better than Brad."

700 a week! Go for it.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

"He's better than Brad,
    Shaun Wright-Phillips,
    He's better than Brad."

700 a week! Go for it.
    Exceptionally cheap at the price. Roly would probably want him a little cheaper though.
  • Options
    Is that cheap for someone who hasn't played competitively since ? and is how old? and was never all that at his peak? I am unconvinced.
  • Options

Petition up and running:

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-league-implement-financial-fair-play-sanctions-against-queens-park-rangers?just_created=true

Sign it and tell all your friends, acquaintances and even those you don't like to sign it, too.

Doing well, has 11 signatures.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Petition up and running:

Doing well, has 11 signatures.
    I can only start it, I can't make people sign it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Petition up and running:

Signed. Come on let's be having you !

Let's get 100,000 signatures. Sign it and circulate to everyone, unless of course you think QPR should get away with it.
  • Options
    Signed it. Needs abit more exposure though as only 16 signatures. Anyone on twitter could post it there, set up a Facebook group etc..
  • Options
    Just signed it.
  • Options
    ....and I make 18.
  • Options
    At the end of the day why even have FFP ?

Why not have a sugar daddy pumping millions into your club?

Some clubs are richer than others - so be it.
  • Options
    Now that FIFA have been finally found out, perhaps something similar should be done about the English football authorities. From some of the decisions made over the years (and our own experiences bear witness), it would appear that all is not what it should be in our "own house2.
  • Options
    Now that FIFA have been finally found out, perhaps something similar should be done about the English football authorities. From some of the decisions made over the years (and our own experiences bear witness), it would appear that all is not what it should be in our "own house2.
  • Options
    See also FIFA stream.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    so despite the FFP issues and there fine, somehow they have still managed to turn down a £12 Million bid for Austin

Not many championship clubs would be able to turn down an offer like that

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33377429
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Signed. Only 27 have though. Poor.

Good do with a money/cheating song for them for the opening game.