Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General Election 2015 official thread

1158159160161162164»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015

Interesting how days before the election and up to the election it was extensively reported in the press that Cameron already had a great deal lined up with Europe. This week, we are seeing that he had nothing of the sort. Not that I ever believed we did. I wish him all the best now – I really do though.

After some of the guff you posted pre election I'm shocked you can even open this thread up.

Miliband ran a great campaign though, showing all of us who thought he was a clown exactly how wrong we were.

Oh, wait....
  • Options
    I think that guff will be seen in a different light in a few years. I think Scotland killed Miliband and I wasn't expecting it to.
  • Options

I think Scotland killed Miliband and I wasn't expecting it to.

Nah. The JackAss killed himself.

• Options

I think that guff will be seen in a different light in a few years. I think Scotland killed Miliband and I wasn't expecting it to.

Sorry Muttley, did you miss the Election result ?

Conservative 331

Labour 232

SNP 56

If Labour won all 56 of SNP, they still had 43 less seats than The Conservatives.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Miliband was the best performing leader throughout the campaign.

Let's not let facts get in the way.
  • Options

Sorry Muttley, did you miss the Election result ?

Conservative 331

Labour 232

SNP 56

If Labour won all 56 of SNP, they still had 43 less seats than The Conservatives.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results
    Are you serious? Disagree with my point by all means, but try to understand it.
  • Options

I had one last night

Still got it is this normal
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Chizz said:

Just a few points that have occurred to me overnight.

1. If you're going to protest about cuts and/or austerity and you're going to use graffiti to get your message across, wouldn't you use the words "cuts" or "austerity" in the graffiti?

2. If you're going to have the shameful audacity to spray graffiti on a WWII War Memorial, would you stop there? Or would you spray further graffiti on other walls and buildings? Have there been any photos of other buildings sprayed with red graffiti in and around Westminster yesterday?

3. The crass stupidity of such an act of wanton vandalism with thousands of cameraphone owners press photographers and TV cameras can surely only have been perpetrated by someone either immensely ignorant or utterly carefree about consequences. Yet we don't seem to have found any photos of the damage being caused, no-one's been arrested or questioned and no-one's claimed responsibility. We have seen the pictures splashed over the internet and TV since yesterday. Yet if you Google Charlie Gilmour you will see how hard it is to commit an act of vandalism in Westminster without being noticed.

4. If a Government wanted to create a mood-swing among the public against public demonstrations, using an agent provocateur to spray grafitti in this way would be the perfect opportunity. And, if it were done at the Government behest, I think the following would happen:

1. The graffiti would mention the "Tories", but not "cuts" - who in Government would want to see "cuts" splashed over the newspapers?
    2. An agent provocateur would only spray graffiti in one, significant place; so we wouldn't see the same graffiti, by the same perpetrator on several buildings. And...
    3. We wouldn't see pictures of it being done.

It's an interesting thought that it serves David Cameron and Michael Gove's purpose perfectly to see a limited, but terrible piece of vandalism splashed over the news at a time when they would most like to see anti-demonstration measures brought in as soon as possible. Maybe we'll see tougher police measures, draconian, "assumptive" laws and water cannon on the streets of London soon..?

Oh FFS. Talk about clutching at straws. You'll be telling us next that Maggie Thatcher is still secretly alive and kicking, orchestrating all this. Jesus wept!
    Six months and still no-one's been arrested, charged or convicted of this act of vandalism, which is supposed to have taken place in front of thousands of people, hundreds of police and dozens of news camera operators and journalists. Odd, isn't it?
  • Options
    Great, just what we want. The General Election thread regurgitated.
  • Options
    Get the argument alert dusted down.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tinfoil in 5, 4, 3...
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Davo55 said:

Chizz said:

Just a few points that have occurred to me overnight.

1. If you're going to protest about cuts and/or austerity and you're going to use graffiti to get your message across, wouldn't you use the words "cuts" or "austerity" in the graffiti?

2. If you're going to have the shameful audacity to spray graffiti on a WWII War Memorial, would you stop there? Or would you spray further graffiti on other walls and buildings? Have there been any photos of other buildings sprayed with red graffiti in and around Westminster yesterday?

3. The crass stupidity of such an act of wanton vandalism with thousands of cameraphone owners press photographers and TV cameras can surely only have been perpetrated by someone either immensely ignorant or utterly carefree about consequences. Yet we don't seem to have found any photos of the damage being caused, no-one's been arrested or questioned and no-one's claimed responsibility. We have seen the pictures splashed over the internet and TV since yesterday. Yet if you Google Charlie Gilmour you will see how hard it is to commit an act of vandalism in Westminster without being noticed.

4. If a Government wanted to create a mood-swing among the public against public demonstrations, using an agent provocateur to spray grafitti in this way would be the perfect opportunity. And, if it were done at the Government behest, I think the following would happen:

1. The graffiti would mention the "Tories", but not "cuts" - who in Government would want to see "cuts" splashed over the newspapers?
    2. An agent provocateur would only spray graffiti in one, significant place; so we wouldn't see the same graffiti, by the same perpetrator on several buildings. And...
    3. We wouldn't see pictures of it being done.

It's an interesting thought that it serves David Cameron and Michael Gove's purpose perfectly to see a limited, but terrible piece of vandalism splashed over the news at a time when they would most like to see anti-demonstration measures brought in as soon as possible. Maybe we'll see tougher police measures, draconian, "assumptive" laws and water cannon on the streets of London soon..?

Oh FFS. Talk about clutching at straws. You'll be telling us next that Maggie Thatcher is still secretly alive and kicking, orchestrating all this. Jesus wept!
    Six months and still no-one's been arrested, charged or convicted of this act of vandalism, which is supposed to have taken place in front of thousands of people, hundreds of police and dozens of news camera operators and journalists. Odd, isn't it?
    Spot on Chizz and those new anti-demonstration measures brought in and tougher police measures, along with draconian, "assumptive" laws and water cannon on the streets of London were a welcome site at last nights 'Anonymous' demonstration.