Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• It's the blonde wot won it.

Nah. Just another typical Tory voter.

What - successful and providing jobs?
  • Is Sir Nige on this show? Only just turnd it on
  • Millibands getting killed!!!

I think he's doing great, but I would, wouldn't I. I think he's consistently been much more impressive than his critics would like.

Despite what he says, Cameron is afraid to have a public debate with Ed - you have to wonder why.
  • brogib said:

Is Sir Nige on this show? Only just turnd it on

No. Just Cameron, Miliband and Clegg.

Hard working businesswoman - the last thing this country needs.
  • Excellent point by the young blonde lady with yellow jumper!
  • "I / We will guarantee 'employment sector X' a job"

Get a grip
  • edited April 2015
    Thought Cameron did well. Ed doing well too - he is not the man he has been portrayed as by Tory press - even if you disagree with him, you can't deny it. Not if you are being honest. More interesting too as he has pretty much pointed to a minority government - went above a few heads - especially that bloke that talked about respect. He is saying he will put his policies forward for them to be voted in or out. What people have to understand that he can pull this off due to the nature of the other parties. Doesn't make my 9-1 lib/dem labour coalition look so good though. It would be hard to go full term doing this, but he could go a couple of years with a fair wind. So his plan has to include impressing people enough to win a second election. This approach will get Boris as Tory leader IMO rather than Theresa May.
  • brogib said:

Excellent point by the young blonde lady with yellow jumper!

Was she the 'Recruiter' ?
  • Agree with Ed the Daffy Duck on the exploiting of foreign labour, fair dues for that.
  • Sponsored links:

No. Just a sour face.

• Wish he's stop walking round like Bollock Obama
  • The level of debate in this election is depressing.

No. Just a sour face.

Ed had a tough first ten minutes but finished very strongly.

No. Just a sour face.

Ed had a tough first ten minutes but finished very strongly.
    What, when he tripped over off the stage
  • edited April 2015
    brogib said:

Wish he's stop walking round like Bollock Obama

Labour are paying David Axelrod, Obama's campaign manager, £300,000 for advice during this election.
  • The non dom rule is relevant for 5,000 people who choose to pay the fee.

Labour - focusing on the big issues.
  • edited April 2015
    The woman that talked about the note - well it was a joke. Might not have been a funny joke. We have all done that haven't we. Go to the Jokes thread to see countless examples. But it was a joke and the way it is being used to the extent it has has been unsavoury - like the tell tales at school. The points have to be real, not one blokes bad joke!!!

The point about spending was important. The economy was booming so we could afford to invest in Education and the NHS. The NHS was transformed during this time. It is like getting a pay rise and buying a Merc. Then there was a GLOBAL crash - and we have to reluctantly tighten our belts. But nothing wrong with being reluctant. We had more money coming in FFS - dont people understand that!!! How can Ed apologise for investing in Education and the NHS though, when we were in a position too?
  • edited April 2015

The non dom rule is relevant for 5,000 people who choose to pay the fee.

You make it sound like it's a cross section of 5,000 average Britons...

The reality is that this band of 5,000 is the multi-billion pound media moguls, highly successful businessmen and ridiculously well-paid sportsmen.

All of whom pay little to no tax.
    How many are there?

Around 116,000 as of 2013, up by 33,000 since 1997.
    5,000 or 116,000.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-british-residents-who-do-not-pay-tax-on-overseas-earnings-will-be-stripped-of-nondom-status-says-miliband-10160863.html
  • Sponsored links:

The reality is that this band of 5,000 is the multi-billion pound media moguls, highly successful businessmen and ridiculously well-paid sportsmen.

On their foreign income...they pay tax on their UK income.

Meanwhile they spend and invest fortunes in the UK.
  • edited April 2015
    What is sad is no talk about the planet dying - is that not important anymore? Look at the polution we have had in London - is that not important. As a father this worries me!

On their foreign income...they pay tax on their UK income.

Meanwhile they spend and invest fortunes in the UK.
    Then they won't mind paying tax on the profits they make on those vast investments will they ?

How many are there?

Around 116,000 as of 2013, up by 33,000 since 1997.
    5,000 or 116,000.

The 5,000 pay the annual fee to maintain the tax break on foreign income - the rest presumably have insufficient foreign income to offset the fee.
  • The woman that talked about the note - well it was a joke. Might not have been a funny joke. We have all done that haven't we. Go to the Jokes thread to see countless examples. But it was a joke and the way it is being used to the extent it has has been unsavoury - like the tell tales at school. The points have to be real, not one blokes bad joke!!!

The point about spending was important. The economy was booming so we could afford to invest in Education and the NHS. The NHS was transformed during this time. It is like getting a pay rise and buying a Merc. Then there was a GLOBAL crash - and we have to reluctantly tighten our belts. But nothing wrong with being reluctant. We had more money coming in FFS - dont people understand that!!! How can Ed apologise for investing in Education and the NHS though, when we were in a position too?

The proportion of spending was pretty standard for post war governments. The global crash was caused by sub prime mortgages not by Labour's spending.

It is a Tory falsehood and an example of an oft repeated lie that if repeated enough becomes lodged in peoples heads as a truth.
  • I know they all rehearse but Ed Milliband must have been practising this shpeel in front of the mirror for months. There's nothing natural about the way he presents himself.
    I'd really worry if,god forbid,had to act on the hoof!
  • The woman that talked about the note - well it was a joke.

Phew, that's alright then.

A joke? Are you serious?

What Brown and Balls did to the economy was criminal

• edited April 2015
    Deregulating the banks was criminal - but the Tories wanted more deregulation. You can't highlight the first point without acknowleding the second. The economy was doing well before the GLOBAL crash - which is why Labour was re-elected.
  • What is sad is no talk about the planet dying - is that not important anymore? Look at the polution we have had in London - is that not important. As a father this worries me!

Sorry I can't read this post, I'm driving
  • Impressed with Clegg there. No pandering to the audience like Cameron and Milliband and dismissed ridiculous questions with the contempt they deserved.