Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    I do want them to try them out, but to bring in so many at once is a bit of a slap in the face for the Irish
  • Options

We have moaned that they won't try out younger, fresher players who will express themselves. And now they do - you still get people moaning.

Who's moaning ?
  • Options
    The lack of interest in this tour somewhat reflected by the fact that no comment has been made about the match the 3rd Test over the course in the last few days.

Oh and it started half an hour ago. And guess what - we've kept exactly again.

Well you might have got that one but there's no way you'd get the next one - Trott is out for a third ball duck.

11-1

Cook 7* (21)
    Ballance 3* (17)

• Options
    did we win the toss ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

did we win the toss ?

Yes
  • Options
    Yessss - get in .
  • Options
    It's now obvious .. Trott is not an opener .. Lyth must be given a chance v NZ before it's too late to bed someone in before the Australians turn up .. and turn us over again
  • Options
    Ashes betting
    Dunno what to choose:

5-0 Aussies
    4-0 Aussies - weather saves us in one of the tests.
    4-1 Aussies - we win dead rubber 4th or 5th test.
  • Options
    Mr Holder is becoming a bit of a superstar .. I am pleased to see it .. for test cricket to 'survive', a strong West Indies side is vital
  • Options

It's now obvious .. Trott is not an opener .. Lyth must be given a chance v NZ before it's too late to bed someone in before the Australians turn up .. and turn us over again

5 failures in a row for Trott while Lyth has been given no opportunities to show what he can do...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Following via cricinfo in South Africa where they are talking about Shaun Bartlett on TVs who is coach of a team here called Golden Arrows in Durban and who just survived relegation from top tier this season. Sounds like he performed an 'escape' with them this season after coming in late during the season
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Nice bit of dig in cricket from cook and Ali... Off to a flier... Though hopefully its because there's a bit of life in the pitch. Is anyone watching?
  • Options
    One of the very sad things is that here in South Africa they have the Sports Blitz channel which is a bit like SSN on steroids, they mention all the IPL and also Bangladesh v Pakistan but NOTHING on the England Test. Shocking.
  • Options

One of the very sad things is that here in South Africa they have the Sports Blitz channel which is a bit like SSN on steroids, they mention all the IPL and also Bangladesh v Pakistan but NOTHING on the England Test. Shocking.

If KP was in the team, I'm sure they'd be covering it!

The Saffers seem to ignore Trott, it's KP who is their panto villain...
  • Options
    Cook runs out Ali for 58. Stupid call.

England not even passed 200 with the new ball on the horizon... bad pitch or bad batsmen?
  • Options
    Batted Cook, 26 centuries, amazing.
  • Options
    West Indies day
  • Options

I was in a bookshop in Constantia Cape Town today and they had KPs book!
  • Options

And ours!
  • Options
    Oh good. Cook gets a century. That's he's spot at the top of the order confirmed for the next 300 tests then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to Cook, he has batted well in the last two Tests. Trott looks like a fish out of water. The way he is walking forward at the bowler is a recipe for disaster especially against faster bowlers.
  • Options

Oh good. Cook gets a century. That's he's spot at the top of the order confirmed for the next 300 tests then!

I told you !
  • Options
    257 all out

That will lull the Aussies into a false sense of security won't it.
  • Options
    And the Windies too it seems.

Jimmy snares Brathwaite 2nd ball.
  • Options
    Make that 5-2

Jimmy gets Hope too and has figures of 3-3-0-2
  • Options
    Just a very poor pitch to bat on it seems. Would make Cook's century all the more impressive if it turned out to be the only one of the match...

Plenty of batsmen to come though.
  • Options
    22-3

Jimmy with 5-4-2-3
  • Options
    22-3
  • Options
    37-3 at lunch so 220 behind.
  • Options
    Ali gets Bravo straight after lunch.