Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    30-4

Bell bowled for 1
  • Options
    30-4 Bell out.
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm going on Sunday (day 4), will England have survived that long...
  • Options
    1 hour.

2 runs every minute.

1 wicket every 15 minutes.

1 true laughing stock.
  • Options
    Oh well, good thing I'm giving The Ashes a miss this season - after the appalling treatment I received in trying to get Oval and Lords tickets in 2013.
  • Options
    That's rather funny, if that's the word, to see Moeen Ali rushing back from the nets to get padded up. Misguided confidence in the top six.
  • Options
    The Kiwis are a good team, fine seam bowlers and decent batting. This was never going to be a gentle warm up before the main event of the summer
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They have a good captain too so they trump us in more areas than we trump them. Their prep hasn't been perfect so the series may still be closer than it really should be. We really need A couple of good thrashings and a new approach hopefully. Unfortunately without Cook. This saddens me as he as a batsman deserves to be in the side – he is a solid enough batsman and the right sort of player to open, but that is absolutely the only thing he should be focusing on. The problem is, he has been given too much responsibility and power and he doesn’t seem to have any insight in regards to his strengths and weaknesses. How could he object to losing his place in the one day side – that is funny farm delusional? The problem is, because of his delusions, I don’t think you can take the captaincy away and keep him in the side.

We need to bring in the exciting players, like Hales, and let them learn to adapt their abilities to the test game. And we need that talisman player – Pieterson. And we need to find a place for a good captain. If he is outside the best eleven players, we still need to find a place for him. I would keep Ali, Bell, Root, Stokes, Butler , Anderson and possibly Broad and get rid of the rest.
  • Options
    At least we got squad harmony!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Stokes and Root taking the game to NZ.

67-4 and a partnership of 37 in less than half a dozen overs. Good to see.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is this thread still going? It's the first day of the first test at Lord's. Summer is officially here.
  • Options

Sssh.
  • Options

Sssh.
    This really is proper Test cricket. Four down and we come out fighting with orthodox cricket shots.

80-4 and a fifty partnership off 46 balls.
  • Options
    LBW review by NZ for not out against Root. One review lost as umpires call.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Lunch:

113-4 (26 overs bowled) and an undefeated partnership of 83 off 82 balls.

Root 49* (46)
    Stokes 36* (42)

One of the best opening Test sessions, from a cricketing perspective, I've seen for a long time.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Excellent mornings play. As usual, England picked up, when I stopped giving the score.
  • Options
    Well done Joe and Ben. Hope they can both get big scores and are backed up by Jos and Moeen.
  • Options
    Interesting interview with Strauss on TMS.
  • Options
    Husband bought a returned ticket for today for lower compton for £45. V jealous as I work near and can see Lords from my office window. Am going on Sunday though. was a bit shocked at the score when I looked it up at 12!
  • Options
    Thank goodness for Root.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thank goodness for Root.

And Stokes today ;-)

Both have their 50s. 137-4
  • Options
    Positive Intent. This is what i have been banging on about for months. Yes it was difficult when we first batted but let us go in with a bit of positivity. Stokes and Root are showing what can be done. I thought Lyth got a really good one and got a tickle behind. Shane Warne summed it all up nicely, it takes an Aussie to see it.
  • Options
    Great cricket from England with Stokes now assuming the role of "enforcer".

172-4

Stokes 79* (75)
    Root 61* (92)
  • Options
    That's quite a turnaround, once again the middle order repairing the damage from top order failures
  • Options
    Shame for Stokes - bowled by the spinner Craig for 92 (94)

191-5 and Jos Buttler in ahead of Ali.
  • Options

Was Ali stranded in the nets again?
  • Options

Was Ali stranded in the nets again?
    It seems that they want to give Stokes a run in the top six and Ali to concentrate on his off spin. Also makes sense for Buttler to go in ahead of Ali because, as I've said before, he's been stranded without partners in too many of innings.
  • Options
    So going into the last session we are 219-5 (Root 80 and Buttler 13)

I reckon we are going to be 328-8 at the close. Any buyers or sellers of that out there?
  • Options
    344-6
  • Options
    Oh dear. Root goes for 98 with a lazy nick to the keeper.

251-6