Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Have recently had to call customer services a few times at American Express due to a couple of issues with our cards.
    What excellent service, each time the issue was dealt with promptly and curtiously. Best customer service dept I've ever dealt with. 
    Yeah when I lost my Black Amex after buying my new Lamborghini, they sent a new one to my Malibu beach house and my Surrey estate. Really excellent service.  
  • Options
    Have recently had to call customer services a few times at American Express due to a couple of issues with our cards.
    What excellent service, each time the issue was dealt with promptly and curtiously. Best customer service dept I've ever dealt with. 
    They are always happy when the question is not 'why is my card not accepted at loads of places'
  • Options
    Had to google this as I couldn't believe what I heard whilst watching a woman's basketball game on BT sport.

If an opposing player misses both free throws during the fourth quarter of a home match the crowd qualify for a free chicken sandwich.

We are literally light years behind the yanks when it comes to promotions  :)

https://gamecocksonline.com/news/2020/12/03/chick-fil-a-fowl-shot-promotion/
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Winding our newborn and he quickly lets out a massive burp. Pretty satisfying, especially in the early hours of the morning. 
  • Options
    Yeah when I lost my Black Amex after buying my new Lamborghini, they sent a new one to my Malibu beach house and my Surrey estate. Really excellent service.  
    I'm in Redhill Reigate, have to meet up for a beer and watch the chucka soon.

Leave Lambo at home son, I'll bring the SVAutography, in oyster black and javan rhino skin leather seats, yangtze purpoise mats and diamondback terrapin shell ashtrays
  • Options
    The World Wide Privacy Tour as depicted by South Park.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Little miss idle bought me an aeropress coffee maker for Christmas. I've always rated my Moka pot highly, but this thing is fabulous - quicker, easier and even makes better coffee. I love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC finally making 101 their HD channel on Sky.
  • Options
    And on Freesat. No more red screen when the regional news is on
  • Options
    Making a breakthrough this week with a young lad (5) currently with foster parents after a troubled few years in his short life.
    Once again the fascination and lure of our Therapy dogs being the trigger that changes the behaviour from erratic to much calmer, purely because the reward is they get to spend time with the dogs.

• Options
    When I finish cutting the grass, put the mower away and get in just before it absolutely precipitates down.

With timing like that I should be on the stage  :)
  • Options
    When I finish cutting the grass, put the mower away and get in just before it absolutely precipitates down.

With timing like that I should be on the stage  :)
    Looking at my artificial grass, and the space in the shed where the mower stood.
  • Options
    Spurs being a bigger shit show than us!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    T_C_E said:
    We’ve been trying to get some interaction with a young (6) lad at school for many months, he was one of the reasons I sat my diploma on understanding autism. 
    At best I he would sit with his TA with his back to us reading, not the most delicate of children when it comes to touching my dogs but I rough handle our dogs as part of their training so they are used to it. 
    At worst he refuses to walk by us to the toilets and will hide behind his TA and has been known to piss his pants if she isn’t quick enough. 
    Eye contact between us is a no-no although I’ve caught him looking at us he will look away if he sees me looking at him.
    Yesterday he came along with his TA he sat with us his back was turned and he didn’t read at all, but he sat occasionally reaching behind to stroke Valli so we were making progress.
    Today as we read with children he passed by, as usual no eye contact as he rushed by as the TA waited close by making sure he returned ok.
    After a few minutes he returned and instead of passing by unprompted he sat with Valli interrupting the children reading but no one cared, he sat and stroked her answered when I spoke and making full on eye contact. He laid on the floor literally nose to nose with her, I was very aware of the pressure Valli and her training was under a lot of dogs don’t like this close on contact. I could see Valli was comfortable, her posture and pose was calm probably a lot more than mine, Valli lay there while the lad did the same suddenly Valli’s tongue shot out and licked him from chin to eyebrows in one hit. 
    Much laughter and screaming as he lay there encouraging her to do it again and she duly obliged several times, eventually we called a halt to the fun and they returned to class after some 10/15 minutes of interaction he spoke thanking Valli and me, both me and the TA didn’t make eye contact, we couldn’t. The emotion of the occasion was a little too much for the grown ups! 
    We finished a little early purely I was exhausted, concentrating so hard on Valli making sure she was comfortable I’d given myself a headache and I needed to give my dog some high praise that wouldn’t be conducive to a school environment. ……….It’s why we do what we do 

“General things that please me” you ask?
    This post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Houses full of bunting 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Having a day out in London, my first 'outing' since bypass surgery, to see an old friend for the first time in nine months for lunch and a couple of drinks. Went to this place after a good coffee on South Molton Street and really enjoyed it - highly recommended whatever your taste in food
    When did you have the surgery/how are you?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Surgery was seven weeks ago today and I'm feeling more capable every day, no pain to speak of, and I can walk for an hour at a time before I wear out, as long as it's not uphill. 
    Cheers for asking.
    Well done to you.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Nipping into aldi on the off chance they might have a few of their coronation beer range left - reduced from £1.79 a tin to 99p last weekend and not bad so thought i'd see if any left. Not only did they have some left but they'd been cut to 49p, so bought 24 of them for £11.76, about 63p a pint, and good enough for drinking in the garden over the next few days weeks at least
    Aldi do a very good selection of beers and alcohol in general 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Nipping into aldi on the off chance they might have a few of their coronation beer range left - reduced from £1.79 a tin to 99p last weekend and not bad so thought i'd see if any left. Not only did they have some left but they'd been cut to 49p, so bought 24 of them for £11.76, about 63p a pint, and good enough for drinking in the garden over the next few days weeks at least
    Aldi do a very good selection of beers and alcohol in general 
    They have got a Kentish Ale brewed by Shepherds Neam at moment that is nice, and a Dorset IPA that is very nice