Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Peeling the shell from a boiled egg especially when a large chunk of the shell comes off 🥸
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Peeling the shell from a boiled egg especially when a large chunk of the shell comes off 🥸
    I've been meaning to post the opposite on the "general things that annoy you" thread for a while.

I appear to be physically incapable of doing what pleases you, and invariably end up with a hard yolk with a few bits of white stuck to it...
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I've been meaning to post the opposite on the "general things that annoy you" thread for a while.

I appear to be physically incapable of doing what pleases you, and invariably end up with a hard yolk with a few bits of white stuck to it...

• Options
    Last ten months have probably been the most stressful of my entire life

Had to remove blown render from the side of my house, which uncovered a multitude of issues with the brickwork... It meant that Chimney, Wind Wall, a good portion of the gable had to be torn down and rebuilt. We've had builders who we thought we could trust go AWOL - Every time its rained, I've been shitting myself worrying about potential damage to the loft (even though the hole in the wall was covered).

Have had endless nights where I've not been able to sleep, as I've doubted completion - Neighbours have understandably got stressed, as they've needed to charge their electric car and have had scaffolding slightly on their driveway the entire time, thankfully our relationship with them has somehow survived... Credit to their patience.

Managed to find a new bricky literally last week, my trust issues were at a huge zero with the profession - But got given the reassurance that the job would be done over these next three weeks... First bit of relief done, as meant it should be done before we go on Holiday.

Nope... They've gone above and beyond for me, and have completed everything within FIVE DAYS!!

This all pleases me, because I've just fired off a text to the Scaffolders asking them to come and collect it at their earliest convenience.

I'M ON F**KING CLOUD NINE RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!!
    Cant imagine the stress mate. But so glad you've got it sorted. Now relax for a while enjoy your holiday!
  • Options
    Last ten months have probably been the most stressful of my entire life

Had to remove blown render from the side of my house, which uncovered a multitude of issues with the brickwork... It meant that Chimney, Wind Wall, a good portion of the gable had to be torn down and rebuilt. We've had builders who we thought we could trust go AWOL - Every time its rained, I've been shitting myself worrying about potential damage to the loft (even though the hole in the wall was covered).

Have had endless nights where I've not been able to sleep, as I've doubted completion - Neighbours have understandably got stressed, as they've needed to charge their electric car and have had scaffolding slightly on their driveway the entire time, thankfully our relationship with them has somehow survived... Credit to their patience.

Managed to find a new bricky literally last week, my trust issues were at a huge zero with the profession - But got given the reassurance that the job would be done over these next three weeks... First bit of relief done, as meant it should be done before we go on Holiday.

Nope... They've gone above and beyond for me, and have completed everything within FIVE DAYS!!

This all pleases me, because I've just fired off a text to the Scaffolders asking them to come and collect it at their earliest convenience.

I'M ON F**KING CLOUD NINE RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!!
    Cant imagine the stress mate. But so glad you've got it sorted. Now relax for a while enjoy your holiday!
    Cheers mate... I've told my missus that she's being buried under the kitchen if she so much as suggests that we do any work on the house until 2025
  • Options
    Having a Red Arrow circling our house tonight. We used to get it a bit when they had the Southend Airshow and sometimes when I worked in Lincoln we had to shut the windows to keep out the noise, but tonight's improptu display over our village was a real surprise and a treat. 

• Options
    Stig said:
    Having a Red Arrow circling our house tonight. We used to get it a bit when they had the Southend Airshow and sometimes when I worked in Lincoln we had to shut the windows to keep out the noise, but tonight's improptu display over our village was a real surprise and a treat. 

They flew over Sittingbourne station last night as I received a message from someone about our resident bully, I told them it must be true the red arrows are doing a fly past 😂

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last night the main road to/from our village was closed. I was a bit miffed at having to go the long way around. Today I received an email from Essex Highways stating that the pothole I'd reported as dangerous had been fixed. It only took ten months - well done!
  • Options
    A passenger giving me a £600 quid backpack because he didn't want to pay FedEx £200 to ship it back to his home country 😁 might stick it on ebay.
  • Options
    Wizz Air weighing out €800 for flight delays with no argument. 😱
  • Options
    Sounds like a piece of piss 
  • Options
    make sure you don't piss it away
  • Options
    No charlton game this weekend
  • Options
    Goodwood Revival this weekend
  • Options
    kids went back to school this morning ;)
  • Options
    kids went back to school this morning ;)
    My Son was back at school on Monday  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    90's reloaded in Bogner Regis this weekend 
  • Options
    Well, this cheered me up.

• Options
    So all this is partly my fault, but then again I had a shite start to the year with family issues.

The Company I work for, are pushing for people to return to work more, so instead of 1-2 days per week, they're pushing for 3-days per week.

Even my own Manager complained about this, because we're a Multi-National department, we have regular Zoom meetings with other teams / Clients in the United States | India | Singapore | Romania... So doesn't matter where we work, we'll still need to have Zoom calls... This has been stressful on me the last few weeks because its added to the expense of getting into London more often, combined with the fact that I have to do the School Run 4-days out of five, because my job is at the very least flexible, whilst my Wife's job as a Veterinary Nurse... Is not.

What's annoyed me most of late is the fact for the last seven years of working for the Company, I was based from Orpington, not London - Because of COVID and the lack of Office working, the Orpington Office got closed down, so even if I wanted to work from an "easier" location, I wasn't able to.

Decided to make my own investigation these last two weeks... to see if I've signed a Contract Amendment that puts me in the London Office, and if not... I'd asking further questions i.e. Why am I being made to go to an Office that I've never actually agreed to go to... Well it seems back in January I did sign an amendment to my Contract, with Orpington Office closing, my place of work became my home address.

Presented all my findings to my Manager (after speaking with HR on Monday to confirm).

She agreed there has been a fuck up from both me (By signing something and forgetting about it), and them (for not noticing themselves before now) - On a plus note, I don't have to go into the Office at all now if I don't want to... and even if I do choose to go into the Office, I can claim the travel on Expenses.

That's one less non-ULEZ compliant car going into the zone on a Thursday ;)
    Nice one, crack on/off mate.

• Options
    So all this is partly my fault, but then again I had a shite start to the year with family issues.

The Company I work for, are pushing for people to return to work more, so instead of 1-2 days per week, they're pushing for 3-days per week.

Even my own Manager complained about this, because we're a Multi-National department, we have regular Zoom meetings with other teams / Clients in the United States | India | Singapore | Romania... So doesn't matter where we work, we'll still need to have Zoom calls... This has been stressful on me the last few weeks because its added to the expense of getting into London more often, combined with the fact that I have to do the School Run 4-days out of five, because my job is at the very least flexible, whilst my Wife's job as a Veterinary Nurse... Is not.

What's annoyed me most of late is the fact for the last seven years of working for the Company, I was based from Orpington, not London - Because of COVID and the lack of Office working, the Orpington Office got closed down, so even if I wanted to work from an "easier" location, I wasn't able to.

Decided to make my own investigation these last two weeks... to see if I've signed a Contract Amendment that puts me in the London Office, and if not... I'd asking further questions i.e. Why am I being made to go to an Office that I've never actually agreed to go to... Well it seems back in January I did sign an amendment to my Contract, with Orpington Office closing, my place of work became my home address.

Presented all my findings to my Manager (after speaking with HR on Monday to confirm).

She agreed there has been a fuck up from both me (By signing something and forgetting about it), and them (for not noticing themselves before now) - On a plus note, I don't have to go into the Office at all now if I don't want to... and even if I do choose to go into the Office, I can claim the travel on Expenses.

That's one less non-ULEZ compliant car going into the zone on a Thursday ;)
    Nice one, crack on/off mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_DNpTMKXk
  • Options
    After a crazy week which is still not over for the Reading dogs I'm looking forward to a rest this weekend!
    A follow up interview with the Kent Messenger about our school as portraying large breed dogs in a positive light rather the negativity which the media appears to delight in took up several hours of collating suitable photos and chatting.
    Approached by the school to talk to parents on the dogs work with their children, their opinions on how that helps and the legalities of taking dogs into schools, as its common practice to believe "If its alright for him" 
    Next week we drop into school in the mornings for three to talk to classes on their contribution towards the dogs training, how they are fed and cared for when not working etc, then changing dogs before returning to Reading in the PM.
    Then to round it off our dogs we hopefully become the first German Shepherds in the country to be named in an Ofsted report, aiding child literacy with figures around the high 90% of children wanting to read as well as showing behavioural improvement, confidence levels something picked up by the school trust as well as the local council.
    Always proud of our dogs achievements but a nod from upstairs put an extra spring in my step, mainly due to that's where the obstacles normally come from. 

• Options
    The recovery and release back to the wild of Iona the turtle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-67021532
  • Options
    Winning a fiver from Bob's lot having picked four winners out of six races on their free game. Complete exercise in pin sticking, just miffed I didn't stick a quid on each one too...
  • Options
    Painting the front of my house after repointing it in lime mortar having chipped off all the bastard cement rubbish and plastic paint, and it actually coming out looking not too bad.