Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Another cracker, Ray.

You are one very special Addick.
  • Options
    The first English asparagus of the year. Tossed in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper then under a hot grill, to be eaten with fingers while it's still hot enough to burn them. Fabulous.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    The first English asparagus of the year. Tossed in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper then under a hot grill, to be eaten with fingers while it's still hot enough to burn them. Fabulous.
    The pleasure offset the next morning when pissing...
  • Options
    It's been a solid 20 odd degrees every day for the last 3 weeks and I am loving it. Especially as we've recently moved to a house with a garden and I can actually enjoy it properly now! 
  • Options
    In the playground with 30 or so children at half term clubs saying hello to Bowyer while builders stayed on the scaffold watching despite it being lunchtime, the foreman told the kids they all started pointing and laughing.
    The foreman wanted to film it until I reminded him where he was.
    It was comical. :) 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    SporadicAddick said:
    IdleHans said:
    The pleasure offset the next morning when pissing...

...and regained by not flushing
  • Options
    I was clearing out an overgrown corner of the garden yesterday and found an old dog ball. Naturally I kicked it towards the house, the width of the back doors being the goal.
    As I booted it I said out loud "Goal action!" I can only think this came from old Saturday afternoon LBC radio football updates from over forty years ago, usually when I was in the car with my old fella. What sticks in your head is bizarre.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Wow, it did please you, didn’t it.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I was clearing out an overgrown corner of the garden yesterday and found an old dog ball. Naturally I kicked it towards the house, the width of the back doors being the goal.
    As I booted it I said out loud "Goal action!" I can only think this came from old Saturday afternoon LBC radio football updates from over forty years ago, usually when I was in the car with my old fella. What sticks in your head is bizarre.
    Mike Porter?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    IdleHans said:
    Mike Porter?
    I think you're right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Nice story, but I don't think that bloke should be strangling the blurry kid.
  • Options
    At a house party playing darts with Leroy Ambrose son. The real one not the one from here.
  • Options
    Jack Grealish partying skills
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Today I met up with a young lady who I first met when I ran a dog training class, she came along to watch her mum training with their own German shepherd and sat in the corner playing on her iPad. Valli then 20 weeks old was being used to demonstrate to the class various commands when I asked Summer to hold her lead, I quickly realised I was missing a trick and invited her to join the class using my dog, for two years she trained Valli that shy 11 year old soon became the best in class despite having to work harder because it wasn’t her dog. 
    Speaking to her today that shy youngster has become a confident young lady who is now training to become a Teacher, I watched her today with Valli the bond is still there, the love and respect for each other was still there and that poxy wind blew grit in my eyes as I spoke to Mum and she told me about the difference our dogs made to Summer’s life. 🙏

That bloomin grit gets everybloominwhere, both eyes absolutely streaming 😭
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Ate bugs and grubs to stay alive. Insenced they never stuck to a veggie based diet to stay alive....

RIP to the insects
  • Options
    How did the baby survive ? What did they feed it ? 
  • Options
    Duh, baby bugs
  • Options
    Jack Grealish partying skills
    Still in his full kit at 5am the following morning
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How did the baby survive ? What did they feed it ? 
    Must've been a Londis open somewhere for baby milk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    ...riding the Groom in...

Seriously though mate, great post. Glad you had such a great experience. Best wishes to your friends. 
    Always proof read! 
  • Options
    Might come across a little boasty/self absorbed but I don't care.

Im just back from having the absolute best time of my life being best man at and doing a bunch of organising for a 5 day, 6 event, Hindu-indian wedding in Kenya with 600 people attending! Managed to squeeze in a bit of travelling and safari and a short stay at a beach resort. 

You could have told me Millwall were promoted to the Premier league and it wouldn't have been able to affect my mood! 

If nothing else I've needed the break after a pretty intense couple years without a break and it made me realise how badly burnt out I was. Its also done wonders for my mental health. Being forced into so many cultural situations that I would usually run a mile from - doing a choreographed dance at the Sangeet with all the Grooms guy friends, riding the Groom in for his Baraat entrance on a rickshaw - has done absolute wonders for my confidence. Even the less obvious ones like interacting with loads of new people, making efforts to try and integrate different groups of friends/family etc. organising various events in a country I've never been to before and would usually be not comfortable in, giving a speech infront of 600 people! I smashed it all and so many people complemented me on every part of it, how natural it all seemed to me, how much I brought people together. It really made me believe in myself which I haven't been doing for a while. 

Of course I'm also over the moon to see 2 of my closest friends get married to each other. 

I've had the time of my life and obviously gutted it's over but I've come back so happy, refreshed and with a new enthusiasm for life. Happy Canters!
    Could you sort out the takeover thread? 
  • Options

Im just back from having the absolute best time of my life being best man at and doing a bunch of organising for a 5 day, 6 event, Hindu-indian wedding in Kenya with 600 people attending! Managed to squeeze in a bit of travelling and safari and a short stay at a beach resort. 

You could have told me Millwall were promoted to the Premier league and it wouldn't have been able to affect my mood! 

If nothing else I've needed the break after a pretty intense couple years without a break and it made me realise how badly burnt out I was. Its also done wonders for my mental health. Being forced into so many cultural situations that I would usually run a mile from - doing a choreographed dance at the Sangeet with all the Grooms guy friends, riding the Groom in for his Baraat entrance on a rickshaw - has done absolute wonders for my confidence. Even the less obvious ones like interacting with loads of new people, making efforts to try and integrate different groups of friends/family etc. organising various events in a country I've never been to before and would usually be not comfortable in, giving a speech infront of 600 people! I smashed it all and so many people complemented me on every part of it, how natural it all seemed to me, how much I brought people together. It really made me believe in myself which I haven't been doing for a while. 

Of course I'm also over the moon to see 2 of my closest friends get married to each other. 

I've had the time of my life and obviously gutted it's over but I've come back so happy, refreshed and with a new enthusiasm for life. Happy Canters!
    Could you sort out the takeover thread? 
    Haven't touched that in months. Hard no. Surefire way to ruin my mood.
  • Options
    Nearly 25 years after I took my wife to Otford in my MG for our first date, we went there again this morning in the same car. Had a lovely breakfast in the tea room there but after all these years, she still doesn’t like the car!
  • Options
    Maybe not a general thing, but this story amuses me:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66028403
  • Options
    Just had a call from a school, it seems they attended St George’s where our dogs work and noticed the pictures all over the walls of them and queried the connection. 
    They would like us to visit their school and work with children with additional needs to see how we can help.
    We’ll have a meeting on Monday to see what can be sorted out, years of knock backs purely because of the stigma attached to our chosen breed and we are finally breaking through with education authorities that they can do something positive if you give them the chance. 
  • Options
    Receiving a letter from HMRC informing me they owe me a £600 tax rebate for last year.
  • Options

Well it only took a month back at work to ruin all of that confidence good feeling and self belief. 

Fuck I need a new job