Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katie Hopkins reported to the police by the Society of Black Lawyers.

Comments

• Can she write this pay off against tax? You could argue that it's a legitimate business expense in her line of work.
  • buckshee said:

Surely Katie should give the money to charity instead. As a fervent anti capitalist Monroe would surely hate to be given so much money. Unless her principals have suddenly changed.

Nah , she'll probably play the victim instead , usually does.
    Well in this case she clearly was the victim which is how she won the case.

I'd never heard of hear before this case but it was a nasty and false slur. Yet Monroe is the one you're attacking?
    Monroe isn't as innocent and lovely as you'd like to think.
    A privileged gobshite who attempted to use migrants as a way of humiliating Hopkins to settle a personal dispute.
    I have no view on her as I've never heard of her before this.

I dont think she's innocent or lovely and never said she was. Why did you need to make up that I did think that?
    Sue him, Mr Henry.
  • For (at times) having the bollocks to say what a lot are thinking.
  • edited April 2017
    That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, as am I with mine.
  • That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, as am I with mine.

Quite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5WTkaQ6S8g
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Surely Katie should give the money to charity instead. As a fervent anti capitalist Monroe would surely hate to be given so much money. Unless her principals have suddenly changed.

I'd never heard of hear before this case but it was a nasty and false slur. Yet Monroe is the one you're attacking?
    A privileged gobshite who attempted to use migrants as a way of humiliating Hopkins to settle a personal dispute.
    What's the story behind this BA?
  • Surely Katie should give the money to charity instead. As a fervent anti capitalist Monroe would surely hate to be given so much money. Unless her principals have suddenly changed.

One of the two parties in the case refused to make a donation to charity. That's what kicked off litigation. It wasn't Jack Monroe.
  • Leuth said:

buckshee said:

What's the story behind this BA?
    I'm just firing up Argument Alert brb
    LOL - Seriously though, I am only asking when Monroe used migrants as a way of humiliating Hopkins, I'm not aware of the story and I'm not looking for an argument, just a bit of background.
  • She's a version of a shock jock.

It is her job to be outrageous and near the knuckle and provoke reactions and looks like she does just that reading some of these comments.
  • Would take great pleasure in seeing Hopkins have to hand over all the money she's earned being a mouthy dick for basically being a mouthy dick.

So we'll put you down as a maybe?
  • buckshee said:

Nope , I think they're both twats.
  • Leuth said:

She is such a twat. Jack Monroe only wanted her to apologise. But she wouldn't. Cost her loads.

I have an impeccable source for this.

She didn't want to pay £5k to the charity suggested.
    She has now got to stump up a bucketload.
    Say what you like, but at least she stuck to her morals.
    I like the strong character that she is, so to go against the grain on this topic, actually like the woman.
    I can't get over this. She stuck to her morals of wrongly accusing someone of something? If those are morals you admire then I'd question your moral integrity too.
    Surprised her 'followers' haven't started a JustGiving page to help her out :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Chaz Hill said:

Leuth said:

She is such a twat. Jack Monroe only wanted her to apologise. But she wouldn't. Cost her loads.

I like the strong character that she is, so to go against the grain on this topic, actually like the woman.
    I can't get over this. She stuck to her morals of wrongly accusing someone of something? If those are morals you admire then I'd question your moral integrity too.
    They have. And it's going surprisingly well. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/katie-hopkins-libel
    Unbelievable. Expect a few on here will have chipped in!
  • Chaz Hill said:

Chizz said:

Chaz Hill said:

Leuth said:

They have. And it's going surprisingly well. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/katie-hopkins-libel
    I don't think you clicked the link?!

• I think it's safe to say that Allison isn't about to donate......'spunk trumpet'
  • Curb_It said:

Chaz Hill said:

Chizz said:

Chaz Hill said:

Leuth said:

I don't think you clicked the link?!

No I hadn't. Was worried it was going well :-) Come on robbo on the wing and buckshee etc. Help the lady out.
  • I think it's safe to say that Allison isn't about to donate......'spunk trumpet'

I doubt Swansea Crown Court would be too happy about one of their employees writing that for the World to see.

• Addickted said:

I think it's safe to say that Allison isn't about to donate......'spunk trumpet'

I doubt Swansea Crown Court would be too happy about one of their employees writing that for the World to see.

If it's not true, she could always sue.

*gets popcorn*
  • Chizz said:

Addickted said:

I think it's safe to say that Allison isn't about to donate......'spunk trumpet'

*gets popcorn*
    Correct. I see her more as a spunk euphonium.
  • Chizz said:

Addickted said:

*gets popcorn*
    Correct. I see her more as a spunk euphonium.
    *No offence to spunk euphoniums
  • buckshee said:

You are way off beam there. Far from privileged.