Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katie Hopkins reported to the police by the Society of Black Lawyers.

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I just wish the authorities had been as efficient at responding to demands to investigate child abuse as they have in demanding the sacking of a non-
    conformist journalist.

Priorities, priorities.

Unfortunately said childrens abuses were not being shown to the world on social media daily
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    And for the record I agree it was stupid, to not think the original tweet through.
  • Options
    Well.. I listened to her show a few weeks ago where she flatly refused to let her child access from her childs junior school to listen to a muslim preacher educate our kids in to the way of islam.... Before you get on my case she simply asked her school that would be fine but what dates are my child booked to go to a Catholic school to learn catholicism and the church of England school to learn Christianity.... Of course there wasn't any. Some would see that as racist of course.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

@shine166 she retracted the tweet and it was noted she meant final solution for Islamic terror, not Muslims as whole, but a bit of selective listening never hurt anyway I guess..

And that's your opinion if you feel that way mate however some actually see her as an alternative view that doesn't pander to PC nonsense. But each to their own I guess.

Do you see why the phrase "final solution" might be seen as excessively inappropriate?
    You are aware that someone had just killed an 8 year old child and other minors and innocents in the name of Islam right? I'd imagine it was a tweet not thought through and sent in anger, mistakes are allowed to happen
    You see the problem is that a journalist - particularly one with a large following - needs to have higher standards. Publishing comments that are "not thought through" might be acceptable by the likes of you and me. But, an influential media figure must be held accountable.

It's not the first time that she's tweeted something that's got her into trouble. Once might be forgivable. Repeating it falls well below what should be acceptable for a professional journalist. Even a horrible one like her.
    Can't argue with that. For what it's worth, I'm not familiar with the reference, still am not, was just putting my two pennies worth in from a standard point of view i.e. Human reaction to something like that happening.
  • Options
    Took in some of her articles into school this year for students to look at, including the ones on sinking immigrants' boats and the less controversial but equally idiotic one about how to bring up children.

These students who speak English as their second language took very little time to conclude that her 'views' are clearly fabricated to generate controversy and therefore attention and money, and should be regarded as such. Unfortunately she has created a nice earner by doing this and seems determined to outdo herself each time with increasingly desperate controversial statements. Hopefully she will sink into obscurity very soon.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still getting over the description of her as a non-conformist journalist.
  • Options
    Professional troll. Global is a great company with some seriously talented people that I know would've celebrated her sacking. Just a shame it's taken this long to sack her.
  • Options
    Bankruptcy and food banks would be the fitting destination for her, sadly I won't hold my breath, she'll end up on Fox News within the month.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

@shine166 she retracted the tweet and it was noted she meant final solution for Islamic terror, not Muslims as whole, but a bit of selective listening never hurt anyway I guess..

And that's your opinion if you feel that way mate however some actually see her as an alternative view that doesn't pander to PC nonsense. But each to their own I guess.

Do you see why the phrase "final solution" might be seen as excessively inappropriate?
    You are aware that someone had just killed an 8 year old child and other minors and innocents in the name of Islam right? I'd imagine it was a tweet not thought through and sent in anger, mistakes are allowed to happen
    You see the problem is that a journalist - particularly one with a large following - needs to have higher standards. Publishing comments that are "not thought through" might be acceptable by the likes of you and me. But, an influential media figure must be held accountable.

It's not the first time that she's tweeted something that's got her into trouble. Once might be forgivable. Repeating it falls well below what should be acceptable for a professional journalist. Even a horrible one like her.
    Spot on.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Chizz said:

Very pleased to see that Ms Hopkins has been relieved of her duties on LBC this morning (she's "agreed to leave her job"), after complaints were made to the Met, following a tweet in which she called for a "final solution" a few hours after the Manchester bombing.

I strongly suspect it has more to do with her use of "final solution" than her failure to spell Manchester properly in the tweet.

I wonder if the Mail will follow suit - I won't hold my breath.
    She should be, but she's probably the most moderate voice of the Daily Fail.
    So no she won't be sacked regrettably.
  • Options
    International mens day is in November

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Men's_Day

There is no reason for a white history month or week because if you look at the history output of the BBC it is 90% about white Europeans and why not.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oops wrong person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I just wish the authorities had been as efficient at responding to demands to investigate child abuse as they have in demanding the sacking of a non-
    conformist journalist.

Priorities, priorities.

LBC radio is "the authorities" now?

I take your point, it's just not very well made.
  • Options

Chizz said:

I vividly recall you saying the same about Diane Abbott's gaff on the cost of policing... :wink:
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

@smudge7946 - your comment further up is bollocks fella and out of order. I think you need to apologise for the insinuation that I condone terrorism just because I criticize Hopkins.

I checked your history. You forgot to condem the Manchester terrorists. I'm sure it was an oversight. You can correct that on the appropriate thread and apologise for the delay if you wish.
    Could you link me to a post of yours that condemns the attacks? I can't find one! I can only assume you were involved.
    Quite right. I just checked smudge's history and he has not condemned the Manchester terrorists either.
    I'm sure he's about to correct this on the appropriate thread and apologise.
  • Options
    I didn't either. I took it as read and posted an RIP. Could we all stop trying to score cheap points off each other? It achieves nothing.