Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=38334

You'd be getting a good young defender who is comfortable on the ball if this is true.

Thanks Horns. Haven't seen a lot of him but he struck me as more composed than some of the erratic CB's.

• http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=38334

You'd be getting a good young defender who is comfortable on the ball if this is true.

Would you see him more as a left back or maybe a centreback by trade? Because if Wiggins does go that's going to leave us short in both and I want to know which I should be complaining about. :wink:
  • thenewbie said:

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=38334

Would you see him more as a left back or maybe a centreback by trade? Because if Wiggins does go that's going to leave us short in both and I want to know which I should be complaining about. :wink:
    Centre half really but has played at full back quite a few times and looked fairly solid.

Not the quickest though.
  • I think it is wrong to assume Fox will not improve further and quickly. He started the season as a weak link and became a player that was an integral part of the team. He is not a wing back in the Wiggins mould but has a sweet left foot and was notching up assists.

Sure. But if we are listening to offers for Wiggins and one comes in, then we'll have Fox (better than some would credit, and ever-improving) and as back-up, there would be... wait... erm... one of the kids? And that always has potential to backfire quite badly, no matter what potential they have. I would be much happier having Hoban as an option instead of praying a left-footed Gomez turns up.
  • Doesn't look great with his feet but Makienok seems very much how you'd expect a 6'7 striker to be, strong, lanky piece of flick-ons!
  • thenewbie said:

I think it is wrong to assume Fox will not improve further and quickly. He started the season as a weak link and became a player that was an integral part of the team. He is not a wing back in the Wiggins mould but has a sweet left foot and was notching up assists.

Sure. But if we are listening to offers for Wiggins and one comes in, then we'll have Fox (better than some would credit, and ever-improving) and as back-up, there would be... wait... erm... one of the kids? And that always has potential to backfire quite badly, no matter what potential they have. I would be much happier having Hoban as an option instead of praying a left-footed Gomez turns up.
    Back up, we have Holmes-Dennis. A very good prospect imo.

• From what I hear H-D is going to be one heck of a player for sure. But he's very, very young and inexperienced. Gomez coming in and looking like he's been playing for years is the exception, not necessarily the rule. I would be much happier with more experienced back up instead of gambling that lightning will strike twice.
  • Etheridge off?

I feel sorry for him I think he done his best and at the players do he was a real genuine bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Etheridge off?

Probably got an international game with The philippines . They seem to play every month.
  • At the player of the year event he looked genuinely shocked when I asked for his autograph. I think he was surprised that people recognised him.

Heseemed nice enough though
  • edited June 2015
  • Ross said:

Etheridge was released at the end of the season....

Oh. Ha! Missed that!
  • Saw Luzon an hour ago stuck in traffic in Greenwich was being very animated on his phone
  • The one day we've had a rush of news I've been away from the Internet. Can anyone fill me in on what's going on? I know Ba signed and a Danish giant is linked, but where does that leave Kramer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just heard that we have been watching an ADO Den Haag player..no name given.

That'd be Michiel Kramer, we've been very publicly linked with him over the past few days...
  • Whooooooosh

That'd be Michiel Kramer, we've been very publicly linked with him over the past few days...
    Up until beginning of 2014=2015 season 142 games played 46goals
  • Not even a hint of a signing today??? Boooo! RD out.

told you guys kramer will be announced tomorrow! FACT :open_mouth:

Which is starting to get a bit concerning on the Bulot front

Which is starting to get a bit concerning on the Bulot front

Well I've heard it was taking a while because Roland kept getting tired constantly swapping his Liege and Charlton hats in the boardroom, then the owners of Carl Jena Zeiss and Alcorcon turned up declairing their interest in Bulot which is taking the owners a long time to agree over
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!