Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options

Bobby Zamora to be released by QPR. 34 and probably on high wages but a target man and probably still has something to offer at Championship level?

Too much risk of the Jimmy Floyd effect.

I'd still be keen on Darren B though.

But again, should we be paying anyone £30k plus a week?
  • Options

Bobby Zamora to be released by QPR. 34 and probably on high wages but a target man and probably still has something to offer at Championship level?

I'd pay 30k a week for Darren Bent, would be a bargain.
  • Options

No not when we can spend it on 10 network signings and hope 1 or 2 come good.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No not when we can spend it on 10 network signings and hope 1 or 2 come good.
    Thats what I think. I think there is a good chance that out of 10 signings we will get at least a couple of performers and some good workhorses. One £30k a week signing can get injured in his first month, or just trot around the field for a year and then bugger off.
  • Options
    Not surprised. 10 in 15 is pretty classy. Doubt we can afford £30k on anyone.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

30k a week = 360k a year

3 year contract is just over a million, would be cheaper than signing someone of the same standard, even before you take in to account wages.

£4,680,000
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

30k a week = 360k a year

3 year contract is just over a million, would be cheaper than signing someone of the same standard, even before you take in to account wages.

see Math isn't your strong point. 30k per week is 1,560,000 a year so a three year contract would be 4,680,000. don't think your argument holds water now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

30k a week = 360k a year

see Math isn't your strong point. 30k per week is 1,560,000 a year so a three year contract would be 4,680,000. don't think your argument holds water now.
    And I'm just finishing a degree in economics! Blame it on the sleep deprivation, done 30k a month.
    A career in government is beckoning!!!! :wink:
  • Options
    And it's STILL better maths than Slater and the Cockney Mob were managing by the end...
  • Options
    disagree
  • Options
    Glad we had a classic contribution from Grumps on this thread - actual bullshit transfer gossip is thin on the ground! (cue 176 pages of Delort-like speculation over intriguing messages from a dodgy twitter account)
  • Options
    get a job as number two to Sepp Blatter, you would make a lovely couple
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not a rumour but I see Becchio has had his contract mutually terminated at Norwich. Worth a punt?
  • Options
    He was at Rotherham last season until January 2015, scored 2 in 5 games not sure where he's been since? Injured maybe?

Useful on his day, now 31, too old for us?
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

30k a week = 360k a year

And I'm just finishing a degree in economics! Blame it on the sleep deprivation, done 30k a month.
    Are you Ed Balls?

• Options
    Carlton Cole is a free agent.
  • Options

I would honestly have him, if Pulis thought he was good enough in January...
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Being a free agent is about his level, should do well.
  • Options
    Carlton can't control can fuck off
  • Options
    JET Having talks with QPR according to the standard
  • Options
    [Insert terrible 'score with her' pun here]
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!