Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• He's one of our own, he's one of our owwwwn,
    Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik,
    He's one of our own.
  • His dad and uncle both played for Cameroon

Old man Biyik.

I remember him.
  • From the ever reliable Football Rumours site :smile:

28 May 2015 12:48:55
    Charlton Athletic are rumoured to have entered the Bidding for Cameroonian Centre Back Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik. The CB is highly rated in France, however, his friendship with felow countryman Andre Bikey is said to be his key attraction to Charlton whom he sees as a direct route to the Premier League.
    Toulouse have stated however that the player will be allowed to leave for no less than 1.2 Million Euros.

Gotta be better than Oiyoo Onya-Bike from the Network ;-)
  • His dad and uncle both played for Cameroon

His dad was sent off v Argentina in the 1990 world cup and his in uncle scored the winning goal on the 1 - 0 win.

Was he the fella that took out Caniggia and his boot went flying. That was one hell of a red!
  • edited May 2015
    The English club of Charlton (Championship) is interested in Pascal Dupraz! It would be under his orders Alou Diarra! Info or intox? #ETGFC #ETG

EDIT : he's a manager!
    http://www.footmercato.net/breves/info-fm-charlton-s-interesse-a-dupraz_154648?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • edited May 2015
    Ooh only three days until I get to repost my Transfer Window Bingo post with May crossed out. Fingers crossed.
  • McShane is a shocking footballer. Makes Doherty look like Nureyev.

As for Biyik, he looks as happy as Kanye West. I'd shit myself if I were playing against him. Sadly Africa , including Cameroon, isn't exactly awash with great defenders - they don't seem able to focus and concentrate for 90 mins and are liable to a major cock up. Sweeping generalisation I know but something to note.
  • Sponsored links:

• Biyik was a £6.6m player 18 months ago but now only £1.76m - I wonder what happened.
  • Wasnt there a someone called Geta Onya-Bike that Norman Tebbitt was keen on?
  • Carlton Cole is a free agent.

He would have to pay us!
  • disagree

With anything specific or is that your stance on everything?
  • From one of the many "transfer rumour" accounts on Twitter....

FootieNews2012 ‏@FootieNews20121 2h2 hours ago

Charlton are attempting to sign Striker Nicolas Verdier #cafc

Wikipedia says he has played 128 senior games scoring 37 goals prior to joining his current club, Mechelen, he is 28 and 6'1". Not sure why I bothered as it is all more than likely the imaginings of an attention deprived 12 year old anyway.
  • cfgs said:

From one of the many "transfer rumour" accounts on Twitter....

Wikipedia says he has played 128 senior games scoring 37 goals prior to joining his current club, Mechelen, he is 28 and 6'1". Not sure why I bothered as it is all more than likely the imaginings of an attention deprived 12 year old anyway.

Yeah but it's a rumour. And this is a rumours page. Knock yourself out.
  • Valley11 said:

cfgs said:

From one of the many "transfer rumour" accounts on Twitter....

Yeah but it's a rumour. And this is a rumours page. Knock yourself out.
    I usually simply copy and paste it was the extensive research ( ;) ) that was a waste of time.
  • Swisdom said:

McShane is a shocking footballer. Makes Doherty look like Nureyev.

As for Biyik, he looks as happy as Kanye West. I'd shit myself if I were playing against him. Sadly Africa , including Cameroon, isn't exactly awash with great defenders - they don't seem able to focus and concentrate for 90 mins and are liable to a major cock up. Sweeping generalisation I know but something to note.

That's quite a steretyping going on there. It's a bit like saying British players only like to get stuck in or South Americans are all fancy Dans who won't put in a tackle. We've had some pretty good African defenders in the past and some not so good. I wouldn't ever judge a player based on where they were born.
  • Sponsored links:

• I usually find myself agreeing with what Swisdom has to say, but in this case I disagree. I think McShane would be excellent for us.

He is a real 100%er every week and this was epitomised by him playing on last Sunday after Fellaini's assault left him with severe lacerations to his leg and face.

We were linked to him under Powell, which probably means he has been scouted by Chapple so may (hopefully) have legs.

Linked with him when Pards was in charge too...
  • I thought it would come across badly so did some more reading. Find the bleecher report for Biyik. Undoubtedly talented but a hothead, gets silly red cards and rash tackles. At 25 I'm not sure if he can be taught any different
  • Sounds like Sam Sodje - without the talented bit.
  • I usually find myself agreeing with what Swisdom has to say, but in this case I disagree. I think McShane would be excellent for us.

He is a real 100%er every week and this was epitomised by him playing on last Sunday after Fellaini's assault left him with severe lacerations to his leg and face.

We were linked to him under Powell, which probably means he has been scouted by Chapple so may (hopefully) have legs.

agree about McShane .. a real trier who fell out with Bruce last season and was dropped .. Hull's brief resurgence coincided with his return to favour .. I'd like to see him sign for us .. BUT .. He's Irish and not from Le Continent
  • edited May 2015

I usually find myself agreeing with what Swisdom has to say, but in this case I disagree. I think McShane would be excellent for us.

agree about McShane .. a real trier who fell out with Bruce last season and was dropped .. Hull's brief resurgence coincided with his return to favour .. I'd like to see him sign for us .. BUT .. He's Irish and not from Le Continent
    If you screw around with the letters in his name we can probably get somthing more suitable for us...

Ensh Cam
    Nah Escm

• Dan Potts will decide whether to join MK Dons, Ipswich or Charlton #cafc #MKDONS #itfc #whufc

— FootieNews2012 (@FootieNews20121) May 29, 2015
  • edited May 2015

Just what we need! A left back!

I suppose that depends on whether we are keeping the ones we have.
  • Agreed. With wiggo's fitness record and Fox still not convincing everyone, i wouldn't mind another
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!