Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• blockquote class="Quote" rel="Dannoo_86">Just saw Bobby Zamora at London Bridge getting on a train to Charlton

Yes of course you did. What is the point of making up something like this? Are you that bored?
  • Don't know why people get irate about it all. It's nothing new with the Twitter generation.

A kid put "Igor to QPR for £4m" on Twitter over the weekend and it's been the last straw for some folk.
  • Quite. That said, I'd snap QPR's hand off
  • Richard J said:

Brad Walker a midfielder from Hartlepool is being linked with us now on FR .

never seen him play .. he sounds like a good prospect
  • Dannoo_86 said:

Just saw Bobby Zamora at London Bridge getting on a train to Charlton

Proper Charlton already.
  • Dannoo_86 said:

Proper Charlton already.
    nah he didn't get Valley Express
  • edited June 2015
    Dannoo_86 said:

At 6.50 in the morning? Even KM doesn't get in that early.

Wherever he goes, he may take a bit of a hit on his £90k a week salary at QPR.

• Dannoo_86 said:

Perhaps he'll be one of the new programme sellers next season
  • mrbligh said:

Wheresmeticket director of football role. Can't tell you my source sorry

Negotiations are at a very delicate stage. Not helpful. Katrin not returning any of my calls. Or texts. Or facebook messages, special delivery flowers, big cuddly toys, spray-painted messages, or even the one left in lipstick on her hotel bathroom mirror. I hope you're happy with yourself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps their source is Twitter too
  • If they offered more than what we paid for him i'd sell, had a very good start and looked dangerous, but hardly irreplaceable.
  • We need Vetokele fully fit for next season. He clearly wasn't right since his injury. A fully fit Vetokele and Watt I think would be an awesome front pairing next season, with a couple of decent midfielders to feed them. We need to add to this level of quality not sell on. If a ridiculous offer came in that's different but if not we need to hold onto both of those and JBG.

Gonna be an interesting summer I feel and looking forward to seeing who comes in.
  • dickplumb said:
    Former star? Swansea and shelvey? Arsenal and the coq/jenk?
  • Football rumours does brighten up my day haha...

01 Jun 2015 23:42:35
    Charlton are playing a waiting game this summer as they wish to finalise the sale of Gomez to Palace, (fee expected to be c£1.5M plus an extra £10K every 50 appearances) before their acquisitions.

Lined up is Danish winger martin Christianson plus old boys michael turner and Yassin Mootouakil.

Yassin Moutouakil !!!! Ther's more chance of them signing me ....
  • Cant see Igor going to QPR. They've said they want to build a squad that can 'physically compete in the championship'.

However much I like Igor though, 5-6m+ would probably be too much to turn down given our own squad building ambitions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bournemouth friendly I reckon
  • edited June 2015
    West Ham = Poyet, maybe as part of his compensation agreement last year?
  • mrbligh said:

dickplumb said:
    Former star? Swansea and shelvey? Arsenal and the coq/jenk?
    can someone copy and paste please, cant open the link at work...
  • CAFCsayer said:

Bournemouth friendly I reckon

maybe, to repay the favour re extra tickets, but hardly a crowd puller

• The power of the internet can see a story quickly gather pace, with an individual's opinion often bandied about as fact.

Such a story surfaced about Addicks striker, Igor Vetokele, over the weekend.

Vetokele is currently resting the Achilles which has troubled him since October. After starting the season at a blistering pace, Vetokele's goals dried up as the season progressed, and he scored just three goals in his last twenty-six appearances.

Vetokele's game is about pace and power and for this type of player, an Achilles injury is particularly irksome. His relative goal drought highlighted this.

At the recent Player of the Year dinner, Vetokele told me his Achilles was "bad" but he hoped the summer break would see him fully fit in time for pre-season training.

There is no substance to the story linking him with a move to Loftus Road.

After spells at Motherwell and Birmingham, former Charlton keeper, Darren Randolph, will return to London and sign for West Ham ahead of the 2015/16 campaign.

Randolph has made no secret of his desire to play in the Premier League and the move to the Hammers, in their final season at Upton Park, will afford him an excellent opportunity to make his mark in England's top-flight.

West Ham will start their competitive campaign on 2 July, when they contest the qualifying stages of the Europa League.

The Addicks announced another friendly on Monday, when they confirmed a fixture against Sint-Truiden at the Stayen Stadium on Saturday 18 July.

Charlton will travel to Belgium for a week long training camp after their opening pre-season game against Welling on 11 July. The squad will not stay at a hotel, they will be based at Standard Liege's Académie Robert Louis-Dreyfus training complex.

The Addicks will face a top-flight Belgian side on Tuesday 14 July, prior to the Sint-Truiden match.

On their return to England, Guy Luzon's side will play a further four warm-up matches, two of which will be at The Valley.

One of the games could see a former star return to The Valley.

Full details of warm-up schedule will be released by the club later in the week.
  • My guess would be Poyet and Wet Spam.
  • JFH and Burton.

• Sunderland and Defoe
  • Shelvey and Swansea
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!