Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• What about Luke Young... Is he even still playing now?

He's practically crippled apparently. I was talking to someone who knows him pretty well and he's apparently in a huge amount of pain with his knees. He can't even train or coach a kids team.

Don't feel sorry for him - he's got more than enough money left to survive on - but his retirement isn't exactly a bunch of roses at the moment

• Think the c&p with the link to a local rag is what is causing our spam programme to flare up. Have removed the links.

Basically said we are set to miss out to Liege for Anthony Knockheart, or whatever his name

My bad, sorry.
  • Redrobo said:

A star player would have to be someone that the vast majority of supporters would agree had been one of our greats and played at the highest level. The three that came straight to mind were Sir Chris, D.Bent, S. Parker as they played for us at the higher level.

But when you think about the players we had when we were in the Prem, there are quite a few that are knocking around football that would be nice to see again even if they are not playing now.

What is the Herminator doing now?

As all three are playing for clubs in our division, I think we can rule them all out.

Perhaps Jenkinson/Arsenal and the Coq link would make sense. Not sure you would class Jenks a former star player, much as I liked him, as we had him in the first team for such a short time.
  • Cawley linking JBG with Wolves
  • @RichCawleySLP: Rumbling is that Wolves striker Bjorn Sigurdarson could come the other way.
  • @RichCawleySLP: Rumbling is that Wolves striker Bjorn Sigurdarson could come the other way.
  • Sigurdason is a none scoring forward so got to be rubbish. Not even a rumour surely Cawley has been had by a spotty 13 year old with a bogus rumour.
  • edited June 2015
    _
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be disappointing if JBG did leave us for a Championship rival... Wolves have got a good strike force but have lost Sako (I guess JBG would be his replacement), like Brentford they had a good season following on from their promotion from League One yet I expect both those sides to have poorer seasons next year.

i.e. Bournemouth only improved on their first season because they splashed the cash
  • JBG and the other chap have the same agent
  • and you think Wolves won't similarly splash the cash because?

However, can't see JBG jumping ship for another Championship team

Bournemouth have a Russian Billionaire in the shadows dont they?
  • Swisdom said:

JBG and the other chap have the same agent

Wasn't JBG's dad his agent?
  • A massive coup for Charlton in the next few days with jelle vossen coming in on a 4 year contract after being spotted having a walk around the valley before heading off with meire to sparrows lane.

My mates uncles pet sheep's brother reckons he saw Messi roaming around in Charlton village the other day. What a signing.
  • A massive coup for Charlton in the next few days with jelle vossen coming in on a 4 year contract after being spotted having a walk around the valley before heading off with meire to sparrows lane.

Hi, good news if true. Where did you hear this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

A massive coup for Charlton in the next few days with jelle vossen coming in on a 4 year contract after being spotted having a walk around the valley before heading off with meire to sparrows lane.

I can't say his name as will get in loads of crap for telling people. But he works there.
  • Redrobo said:

A massive coup for Charlton in the next few days with jelle vossen coming in on a 4 year contract after being spotted having a walk around the valley before heading off with meire to sparrows lane.

I can't say his name as will get in loads of crap for telling people. But he works there.
    He works at both the Valley and Sparrows Lane!? Fairplay to him
  • not surprising as we tried to sign him before so I reckon it's got legs
  • Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.
  • not surprising as we tried to sign him before so I reckon it's got legs

The player or the rumour? We need to know.

• Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
  • Looks like some on here are a bit uptight, definitely the ones who reported that video.
  • DeeBee said:

Redrobo said:

He works at both the Valley and Sparrows Lane!? Fairplay to him
    very clever but if u read my first post the right way it say seen walking round the valley before heading off to sparrows lane so where would u think he works.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!