Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

iaitch said:

If he turned us down for a loan then I assume we weren't good enough for him. So why are we good enough now? Oh that's it he's been released and looking for a job.

To be fair, I would imagine that a year ago, Middlesbrough were a far better prospect than us!
    I was talking about SWP not Vossen.
  • sammy391 said:

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2015-06-04/lokeren-werkt-aan-opmerkelijke-deal-met-standard-en-charlton

Last season the midfielder was loaned out to Charlton. Lokeren would like to discuss a swap deal with Roland Duchâtelet. Nill De Pauw would pull over at Charlton, Buyens to Lokere

A striker who has scored 28 goals in 172 games. Sounds like a perfect fit for us.
  • sammy391 said:

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2015-06-04/lokeren-werkt-aan-opmerkelijke-deal-met-standard-en-charlton

Last season the midfielder was loaned out to Charlton. Lokeren would like to discuss a swap deal with Roland Duchâtelet. Nill De Pauw would pull over at Charlton, Buyens to Lokere

A striker who has scored 28 goals in 172 games. Sounds like a perfect fit for us.
    Think he's more of a left winger than striker , so not too bad of a return!
  • Can you imagine if we signed Jelle Vossen and Anthony Knockaert. Big statement
  • Can you imagine if we signed Jelle Vossen and Anthony Knockaert. Big statement

Looks more like a big question, with 2 big names to me
  • Maybe a cheeky loan bid for Loftus Cheek? Big Leon could put in a good word!

oooh cheeky
  • How about someone like Dominic Solanke?

he was all over the 'Times' sports pages on Monday after selection for the England U21s.. Mourinho was laying into him for being lazy and arrogant although very talented .. not for us then .. we want grafters and team players
  • edited June 2015
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.

if he does sign for us (a BIG IF) that means that 'Boro do not want him and he'll be keen to come down south where it's a bit warmer .. if Boro do want him, it's doubtful he'll sign for us .. realistically, Boro have better promotion prospects than we do, anyway, at 'this point in time' .. he's a very decent player though
    I work with a Boro fan who thought this year was their last chance of getting up before Gibson has to rethink his strategy. They're losing £1m a month and rumours up there are of a clear out and a reining in of spending.

Doesn't mean we're getting Vossen, but wouldn't be surprised if Boro lose quite a few of that team.
    thanks for the info
    I don't know the extent of Gibson's resources Lincs, but he's certainly been a brilliant chairman for them. It's obviously a labour of love for him and I certainly wouldn't have begrudged them going up.
    Agreed .. There was a reply to another 'Boro post of mine suggesting that 'Boro are losing money hand over fist and Gibson though still investing will be cutting back a bit .. NOT A RUMOUR .. Still on 'Boro (sorry) they have a Dutch winger/striker Wildschutt (spelling) who I saw come on as a sub for them at Rotherham ... he scored and looked VERY good .. fast, built like a brick barn, skilful and aggressive and aged about 24 .. I think he's on a perm contract but from the brief look I had of him, he is GOOD .. if they keep Vossen and reloan Bamford he could be available .. he didn't get much game time last season, perhaps he didn't fit the very methodical 'Boro way of playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Not necessarily my findings but Vossen is supposed to be on his honeymoon, doubt he went to South East London to be completely honest.
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.

if he does sign for us (a BIG IF) that means that 'Boro do not want him and he'll be keen to come down south where it's a bit warmer .. if Boro do want him, it's doubtful he'll sign for us .. realistically, Boro have better promotion prospects than we do, anyway, at 'this point in time' .. he's a very decent player though
    I work with a Boro fan who thought this year was their last chance of getting up before Gibson has to rethink his strategy. They're losing £1m a month and rumours up there are of a clear out and a reining in of spending.

Doesn't mean we're getting Vossen, but wouldn't be surprised if Boro lose quite a few of that team.
    thanks for the info
    I don't know the extent of Gibson's resources Lincs, but he's certainly been a brilliant chairman for them. It's obviously a labour of love for him and I certainly wouldn't have begrudged them going up.
    Agreed .. There was a reply to another 'Boro post of mine suggesting that 'Boro are losing money hand over fist and Gibson though still investing will be cutting back a bit .. NOT A RUMOUR .. Still on 'Boro (sorry) they have a Dutch winger/striker Wildschutt (spelling) who I saw come on as a sub for them at Rotherham ... he scored and looked VERY good .. fast, built like a brick barn, skilful and aggressive and aged about 24 .. I think he's on a perm contract but from the brief look I had of him, he is GOOD .. if they keep Vossen and reloan Bamford he could be available .. he didn't get much game time last season, perhaps he didn't fit the very methodical 'Boro way of playing
    Just spoke to my Boro supporting mate at work - he says Wildschutt is shite. Reckons he has one good game in 10! He also mentioned that Boro and Norwich agreed before the play off game that the winners would take the all of the gate money - that would be worth a few bob to them!
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

thanks for the info
    Just spoke to my Boro supporting mate at work - he says Wildschutt is shite. Reckons he has one good game in 10! He also mentioned that Boro and Norwich agreed before the play off game that the winners would take the all of the gate money - that would be worth a few bob to them!
    guess that I saw him on the good 1/10 .. but he's only played nine games
  • Essex_Al said:

iaitch said:

If he turned us down for a loan then I assume we weren't good enough for him. So why are we good enough now? Oh that's it he's been released and looking for a job.

To be fair, I would imagine that a year ago, Middlesbrough were a far better prospect than us!
    This. We were utterly shit a year ago with no manager and lucky to avoid relegation. Whereas this year we've only been partially shit.
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

thanks for the info
    guess that I saw him on the good 1/10 .. but he's only played nine games
    He's got another crap performance coming up then
  • Not necessarily my findings but Vossen is supposed to be on his honeymoon, doubt he went to South East London to be completely honest.

Honeymooning in Well Hall?

Bit of romantic dogging on Shooters Hill? (Or so I've heard, not from experience)
  • 7 night cruise of Danson Park Lake with balcony view.
  • Wright Philips? Would bring what to the team exactly? Just the kind of Premier league failure out for a paycheck that QPRhahaha fell for over and over
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

thanks for the info
    That sounds the sort of bet that someone with too much money makes! So, the winner of the play-off game, with all the riches that entails, then rubs your nose in it by taking all the takings of the game as well!! Madness!!
  • Sponsored links:

• You would think the better agreement would be that the loser takes the gate money considering the winner would be 70mil better off for winning anyway.
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

thanks for the info
    That sounds the sort of bet that someone with too much money makes! So, the winner of the play-off game, with all the riches that entails, then rubs your nose in it by taking all the takings of the game as well!! Madness!!
    Sorry - meant the losers!

Bit of romantic dogging on Shooters Hill? (Or so I've heard, not from experience)

Oi
  • @svenclaes: I can confirm: @CAFCofficial are in the race for Nill De Pauw (25), who has a 750K release clause. #CAFC

Belgian journo, been pretty reliable before.

• @svenclaes: I can confirm: @CAFCofficial are in the race for Nill De Pauw (25), who has a 750K release clause. #CAFC

Belgian journo, been pretty reliable before.

Not the most prolific. 28 goals in 172 appearances for Lokeren
  • Left winger according to the internet. 5 goals last season.
  • Scoham said:
    Doesn't look too shabby in those clips ... Replacement for JBG?
  • Would prefer to keep Bulot as our left winger.

Spend money we have on a CM, CB and a striker
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!