Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I would be happy if we had Fox and Wiggins fighting for the left back berth. I wouldn't want to lose Wiggins unless we have a top left back lined up to replace him! Surely Bikey is a decent option on the bench too! When I am puzzled I become worried.

Then stop reading the rumours page Muttley :wink:
  • Yes, good point
  • I think there has been a very fair judgement on our defenders, if we are going to do anything next season, we need to replace and improve.

Johnson, although brave was exceptionally slow and cost us a few goals
    Ben Haim, next to Gomez probably our best defender, but he doesn't have age on his side and it was well versed that he wanted to return home.
    Bikey, after a good start faded very badly and looked disinterested towards the end.
    Wiggins, loved him when he first came, but hasn't pushed on and is very injury prone.

Piggot and Harriet, league one at best.

If we can pick up fees and free up the wages for the 4 that have been told to look for another club, great for the pot.

It's early days yet, but I'm sure replacements are in the pipeline, have faith!
  • edited June 2015

who makes these rumours

• Wiggins - can only assume due to his injuries, he is a couple of classes above Fox and I really rate him. Sure he was not at his best last season but, when fit, IMO he is an upper Championship player and I loved watching his attacking forays when Powell was in charge who really got the best out of him. We will have to spend to get better.

It's a long time since Wiggins impressed with his forays down the wing sadly
    Only really last season IMO and Peeters clearly had told both full backs not to, then he barely played under Luzon.
  • I think it highlights the scale of the squad makeover now required. TBH, Bikey, Johnson gone and Gomez very likely to be gone too imho. Wiggins going as well means we need three centre backs, a right back to cover Solly's injury and a left back to replace Wiggy. That's five before addressing Buyens, Bulot and possibly JBG added to the two strikers that are needed. That's ten coming in all of whom will need to be first team capable and not just squad fillers. That's quite some rebuilding.
  • Not so much a re build as starting again.
  • edited June 2015
    Another Pringle?
    Once you pop, you just can't stop.
  • Paaaaaannnnniiiiiicccccc
  • Is he Serbian or Croatian?
  • Sponsored links:

who makes these rumours

me.........or my mate Colin

who makes these rumours

me.........or my mate Colin
    Isn't he your brother?
  • At his best I think Wiggins is Premiership class. Apart from his attacking prowess, he would go game after game against decent wingers without letting a cross go over.
  • I rate Bikey - lacked a bit of finesse at times but gave the defence a presence we have previously lacked IMO.

Shocking player - hope to never see him in a Charlton shirt again.
  • Swisdom said:

WSS said:

Cawley linking JBG with Wolves

No idea why he would go from London to Wolverhampton. You'd have to offer me a silly amount of money to go there - it's a geographical equivalent of an armpit or a sweaty groin. Charlton might not be the sexiest part of London but it's at least a bit of sideboob

I like that, Charlton as a bit of sideboob. I think we need a new thread, Football Clubs and Their Environs as Parts of the Body. Millwall is obviously the anus, and Crystal Palace the rectum. Man City would be an expensive facelift that keeps sagging and needs new work every couple of years, and Arsenal and MK Dons are transplants that have met with varying degrees of success.
  • If wiggins could get his form back I'd definitely want to keep him. But he hasn't been the same since his injuries which is a real shame. I don't mind Fox but I'd hope we have better coming in to replace Wiggins if he does go.
  • I agree at his best Wiggins is a quality player but you can't build a defence around a player that is out injured as often as he is fit and whose form swings wildly due to that inability to stay fit for half a season. Fox is not the answer in my opinion and should he get the the nod at the start of the season it's only because THD is not quite ready and they don't want to spend money knowing Fox can do a job while the other two come through.
  • At his best I think Wiggins is Premiership class. Apart from his attacking prowess, he would go game after game against decent wingers without letting a cross go over.

He peaked at the end of the 12/13 season. Not been great since, although I'd still prefer him to foxybingo
  • Sponsored links:

• Given Chievo like to loan out most of their players I wonder if we are doing some business with them other than the friendly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.C._Chievo_Verona
  • Again on the LB slot, despite THD having league experience, I think Archie Edwards is our best choice. When he fills out he will be awesome.
  • Wiggins also has games where he gets completely destroyed (like against Wigan at home ). He can be outstanding though, as people have said.
  • edited June 2015
    Wiggins always takes about 7 or 8 games to get going after an injury, so Luzon hasn't had a chance to judge him properly. He hasn't been the player he was for a while now (due to regular injuries), however if he has seen the back of his injury problems we would be mad to sell him off for peanuts now.

But it is a gamble they have to make, sell or keep?
  • edited June 2015
    The fact is I really believe wiggins just gives us so much more than our then left back options do at the moment, even if he doesn't take on the opposition full back as much used to in league one, having a fullback who is willing to make runs forward and slit their defence makes all the difference. In contrast I don't think there was a single occasion last season where fox actually took the ball forward, I also remain unconvinced by fox's positioning and ability to mark

As much as I would love to see THD or Edwards breaking through into the team next season and show us their potential I doubt they are physically ready or experienced enough for the championship yet. I can understand considering selling wiggins on due to his injury problems but I personally would like to see him remain at the club and if he does leave I really hope we have a proven fullback lined up in replacement.
  • http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27527/

Town are amongst a number of Championship clubs reported to be showing interest in Cardiff City striker Adam Le Fondre.

According to WalesOnline, the newly-promoted MK Dons are leading the chase for the 28-year-old, while the Blues, Leeds and Charlton are also claimed to be keen.

Le Fondre is expected to leave the Bluebirds this summer having joined them on a three-year deal from Reading for £2.5 million just over a year ago.

The ex-Stockport, Rochdale and Rotherham frontman moved to Bolton on loan in January having scored only three goals in 20 starts and five sub appearances for the Welshmen.

After netting eight times in 16 starts and one game from the bench for Bolton, Trotters boss Neil Lennon wants to keep the Stockport-born striker at the Macron Stadium permanently with Le Fondre apparently keen to move back up north.

However, the financial side of such a switch is said to be beyond the Lancastrians with Cardiff keen to recoup a significant part of last summer’s £2.5 million outlay.

That being the case, a deal would also appear to be out of Town’s reach, while the player’s desire to return to the north would also seem to rule the Blues out of the running even if there is anything in the claimed interest.

Elsewhere, former Blues striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has joined League One Chesterfield having ended last season with Preston North End.
  • Nill De Pauw deal is off.
  • Nill De Pauw deal is off.

@HarryEllis_CAFC @Owen_James98 Deal is off. De Pauw from Lokeren isn't going to The Valley. #CAFC

— Sven Claes (@svenclaes) June 6, 2015
  • Would take le fondre in a heartbeat but can't see it happening
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!