Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Been saying for a few months that I reckon Wiggins would leave this summer... He's currently under Contract so we'd get a small fee for him, as well when he came back from injury at the end of the season he (rightly) couldnt displace Fox and with Holmes-Dennis / Edwards sitting in the wings (no pun intended) it would be sensible to move one Left-Back on to make cash available
  • A real shame about weddings. My father has sponsored him for the last couple of seasons. really nice chap but as has been said previously the injuries do you appear to have taken their toll on him.

Pringle is an interesting player because his delivery is absolutely superb, the question is whether he has other facets to his game
  • So we're left with just fox? Ridiculous decision in my opinion

well it would be if it just left us with Fox but I know of one experienced left back we approached a few months ago who was to be out of contract in the summer but he's recently signed a new contract with his recently promoted Club but we will see him at The Valley this season, albeit just the once.

• Dean lewington of MK Dons?
  • Bikey - not bothered although leaves us dreadfully short at CB but they clearly feel they have that covered if they are happy for him to leave.

Pigott - think he will have a decent professional career but may take time to get back up to our level, from what I have seen (limited), he has the touch and shot to make it but lacks any movement or, (strangely for his size) power at this moment.

Harriot - I know he has put in some very poor displays but I really think with the right coaching and, crucially, the right attitude, he has all the technical skills to be a very good winger. There is a chance it could come back to haunt us but also every chance he will drop to league 1 or 2 and spend the rest of his career doing aimless step overs.

Wiggins - can only assume due to his injuries, he is a couple of classes above Fox and I really rate him. Sure he was not at his best last season but, when fit, IMO he is an upper Championship player and I loved watching his attacking forays when Powell was in charge who really got the best out of him. We will have to spend to get better.
  • So we're left with just fox? Ridiculous decision in my opinion

pretty sure we'll sign another one before the season starts - no need to panic just yet!

No chance and also signed a new 2 year deal

No chance and also signed a new 2 year deal
    That was in response to Larges post
  • Holmes-dennis will be around the squad next year id think,would expect to sign a foreign left back from abroad at some point
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 38m38 minutes ago
    Also got another Addicks line - the club looking to move on Rhoys Wiggins, Callum Harriott, Joe Pigott and Andre Bikey.
  • colin1961 said:

So we're left with just fox? Ridiculous decision in my opinion

pretty sure we'll sign another one before the season starts - no need to panic just yet!
    Got Edwards and Tariq Dennis pushing for first team football
    Surely a bit too early for Archie? THD, maybe.

• Wiggins - can only assume due to his injuries, he is a couple of classes above Fox and I really rate him. Sure he was not at his best last season but, when fit, IMO he is an upper Championship player and I loved watching his attacking forays when Powell was in charge who really got the best out of him. We will have to spend to get better.

It's a long time since Wiggins impressed with his forays down the wing sadly
  • Seems to me that the club must be confident of signing some decent players seeing who they have let go and with these that they are now happy to let go.

• Translation says De Pauw has to chose between Charlton or Guingamp
  • Would love to see Pringle come in to the club.

He's a real crisp finisher

Lets hope that the opposition defences crumble with fear when he attacks them next season for us
  • 'he', 'her', who cares. as long as he/she is happy and it doesn't impinge on my life then so what.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'he', 'her', who cares. as long as he/she is happy and it doesn't impinge on my life then so what.

Ben Pringle does have long hair but that's a bit harsh Large! ;-)
  • Just out of curiosity... If your partner wanted you and her to go for a night out together when a game of Football is on.

Hands up how many would actually have the balls to tell them to feck off I'm watching t'Football
  • Just out of curiosity... If your partner wanted you and her to go for a night out together when a game of Football is on.

Hands up how many would actually have the balls to tell them to feck off I'm watching t'Football

Oops wrong thread... Gawd this is awkward... two secs ;)

My wife and I are going for a night out on Saturday. Nice Shephard Neame pub in Bromley, early meal in pub with friends (couples) and then both stay in pub to watch final.

Me............but that's probably why I'm twice divorced !!
  • edited June 2015

So we're left with just fox? Ridiculous decision in my opinion

Holmes-Dennis as well. I'm more concerned with Gomez as our only centre half.
  • One plus is that with letting Bikey go suggests they are very confident in keeping Gomez
  • I am impressed with the confidence the club are showing but not totally convinced it's not misplaced yet. The defence is already pretty threadbare and only going to get moreso if we do lose Bikey and Wiggins as well. Regardless of their last season, those are two defenders with experience and proven quality at this level, you can't replace that on a shoestring budget...
  • edited June 2015
    I would be happy if we had Fox and Wiggins fighting for the left back berth. I wouldn't want to lose Wiggins unless we have a top left back lined up to replace him! Surely Bikey is a decent option on the bench too! When I am puzzled I become worried.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!