Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Le Fondre would be a good signing, proven at this level and at the very least a very good backup.
  • Have not got round to renewing ST yet. Wondering what kind of team Charlton will have. Will Charlton keep our best players or cash in and replace with a variable new lot and new set of youngsters ? It is impossible to tell.
  • If Gomez does go, and we also let Bikey go then our centrebacks will be... erm... can anyone help me out here? I don't think we've got any spare! Pretty darn risky replacing every single one, especially if there is a period where there are absolutely no CBs on the books at all (except maybe one or teenagers.)

Lefondre on the other hand would be promising if for no other reason than a benchmark for the kind of quality Roly is looking at. That's the level of signing (experienced, proven quality at this level) where someone like JBG might just hang on another season or two for the long game not chase success right now... with another club.
  • We have got no chance of getting Le Fondre. The lack of rumours is a bit worrying. But plenty of time left.
  • dickplumb said:

We have got no chance of getting Le Fondre. The lack of rumours is a bit worrying. But plenty of time left.

At least 2 weeks before panic spreads like wildfire I reckon.

• dickplumb said:

We have got no chance of getting Le Fondre. The lack of rumours is a bit worrying. But plenty of time left.

Doesn't look like we're getting our business done early but as you say, lots of time. I just wish the ones we want to keep had been tied down.
  • Valley11 said:

dickplumb said:

Doesn't look like we're getting our business done early but as you say, lots of time. I just wish the ones we want to keep had been tied down.
    I imagine the club wishes the same. Two sides in every negotiation - just because they haven't yet doesn't mean the club's not been trying.
  • vff said:

Have not got round to renewing ST yet. Wondering what kind of team Charlton will have. Will Charlton keep our best players or cash in and replace with a variable new lot and new set of youngsters ? It is impossible to tell.

Vff, I'm happy to hold off on ST renewal and wait and see how the squad shapes up. Usual Charlton no news summer so far, but there doesn't seem to be too much activity anywhere else either.
  • Nothing to worry about just yet. First senior signing last summer was Buyens on 21st June.

In summer 2011 before we won League 1 we signed Hollands and Pritchard late May and Sullivan a few days later in early June. We then didn't sign anyone else until 21st June. Most other signings came in over following couple of weeks following that.
  • All the decent players available will be advised to wait by their agents to get the best deal possible I reckon it will be at least 3 more weeks before a signing is made
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't we hear about Igor about this time last year? I know there's plenty of time left but the only solid links there's been are Bessat and De Pauw, one of which is off and the other we haven't heard about for a week.
  • Didn't we hear about Igor about this time last year? I know there's plenty of time left but the only solid links there's been are Bessat and De Pauw, one of which is off and the other we haven't heard about for a week.

This time last year I think we had heard rumours about Buyens, and our only activity had been signing Ansah. Plenty of time to go
  • vffvff
    edited June 2015

vff said:

Have not got round to renewing ST yet. Wondering what kind of team Charlton will have. Will Charlton keep our best players or cash in and replace with a variable new lot and new set of youngsters ? It is impossible to tell.

Vff, I'm happy to hold off on ST renewal and wait and see how the squad shapes up. Usual Charlton no news summer so far, but there doesn't seem to be too much activity anywhere else either.
    Its all wait and see as always what RD is going to do, which could be just about anything. Got an email from Brentford saying they have over 5,000 season tickets are gung ho for the season. My only contact with Brentford was enquiring about tickets some seasons back. No communication from Charlton. Hope Charlton can confirm decent players staying and a few quality coming in to provide some encouragement.

Lots of end of season holidays still happening. Early days hopefully as you say.

Going to the Chievo game @ValleyMick?
  • Ben18 said:

Didn't we hear about Igor about this time last year? I know there's plenty of time left but the only solid links there's been are Bessat and De Pauw, one of which is off and the other we haven't heard about for a week.

This time last year I think we had heard rumours about Buyens, and our only activity had been signing Ansah. Plenty of time to go
    Still a couple of weeks or so to go until we hit a year since the ansah signing (I think)
  • LFE. Hillarious. How many summers will we all fall for it too?
  • The owner will not pay the kind of wages that Le Fondre will want . I don't blsme him either
  • No need to panic. It's obvious we are just waiting for the highest bidders for Gomez and JBG before we do our business ;-)

17th June

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140617-charlton-agree-fee-for-igor-vetokele-1647330.aspx
  • Sponsored links:

• It is still genuinely quite early, the season hasn't finished yet with the internationals this week.
  • 61 days before the first league game of the season.
  • Players are on the summers holidays and clubs certainly won't be moving on players until July 1st. No doubt the players Luzon wants have been spoken too and deals are already in place to announce on July 1st. Stop panicking.
  • I'm never too bothered if we don't sign anyone in early June - but I start getting twitchy by early July. Usually like to see at least 2 or 3 new signings at Welling.
  • edited June 2015
    Especially as we're down to two centrebacks and both are rumoured to be (potentially) on the move themselves. It's a very thin line between confidence and arrogance sometimes - confidence is that we can replace experienced quality players like Ben Haim, Wiggins and Johnson. Arrogance is expecting all that to fall into place without any problems, or a plan B that isn't panicking and shuffling a Liege reserve across the Channel to fill in the gaps as a last resort instead of proper investment in players that will actually improve the team.

Now I am not saying this IS what's happened, or will happen (I don't think it's the case) but if we get to the end of the month with no incomings at all, then I am going to get worried.
  • dickplumb said:

I think our inability to attract some experienced Championship players is the salaries we offer. Teams like Derby, Fulham etc have got a much bigger budget. That is why we have to shop abroad.

Agreed
  • Darren Bent has been released... Signing for Derby pretty soon.
  • MAY : We can't expect any signings now, all the players are off on their holidays. Loads of time until the start of the season.

JUNE : Contracts run until the end of June, no-one will be officially signing before then.

JULY : There's still a month till the start of the season, yeah it's not ideal but the kind of quality we're bringing in it will be worth the wait. In the meantime, check out these Youtube videos of some players scoring goals against pub league teams that the Daily Brussels has linked one of the network clubs with.

AUGUST : There's still a month of the window to go, we have a big enough squad to cope with the first few games, everything is going to be fine. Katrien said to a bloke on the train we're working on a few deals, all good.

SEPTEMBER : The Premier League clubs are announcing their squads now, so we're just waiting to get some cracking loans in soon to tide us over until January. Missing out on players in the summer won't have affected us too much.

OCTOBER : If we're in the top six I heard Roland is going to really splash the cash in January...

May: sheer panic because the club announce it's releasing loadsa players. Doesn't matter that none of them are much good nor that most will end up in league 1 or below.

June: Wtf?! What's this foreign garbage, I don't care if they've played in the Europa league or competed for a title in their Mickey mouse competition.

July: more foreign rubbish who can't acclimatise to the Championship. And panic about the club selling top players even if they were considered foreign / inadequate 12 months ago.

August: unbeaten but the squad is shite!

September: still unbeaten and one striker is heading for double digits already but he's still foreign innit.

October: perhaps the board has worked out that the squad won't get to January in one piece and this time FAPL loans will be secured. Finally the penny drops and they realise that 46 competitive games is different to other leagues.
  • PAAAANNNNIIIIICCCCCCC
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!