Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• MrLargo said:

2 year contracts are rubbish - hard to win with them. Maybe that was all JBG was willing to sign.

Works both ways of course. Yes JBG's two year deal looks like poor business because he's been a huge success On the other hand we have signed Lepoint for example who doesn't look much like he's going to work out for us so a two year deal max would be spot on.

Unless you are paying a top dollar premium for players it's always a gamble.
    Agree in general with the point about contract lengths, don't think Lepoint is the best example though - immediately apparent that he wasn't up to the required standard, both to supporters and Guy Luzon, hence he's barely featured. What was our scouting network thinking?
    ......"He's cheap".....
  • Fumbluff said:

MrLargo said:

2 year contracts are rubbish - hard to win with them. Maybe that was all JBG was willing to sign.

Works both ways of course. Yes JBG's two year deal looks like poor business because he's been a huge success On the other hand we have signed Lepoint for example who doesn't look much like he's going to work out for us so a two year deal max would be spot on.

Agree in general with the point about contract lengths, don't think Lepoint is the best example though - immediately apparent that he wasn't up to the required standard, both to supporters and Guy Luzon, hence he's barely featured. What was our scouting network thinking?
    ......"He's cheap".....
    We paid a fee and he still has two years left on his contract so I doubt he'll turn out to be cheap in the long run.
  • Fumbluff said:

MrLargo said:

......"He's cheap".....
    We paid a fee and he still has two years left on his contract so I doubt he'll turn out to be cheap in the long run.
    He'll be farmed off elsewhere
  • wmcf123 said:

Fumbluff said:

MrLargo said:

......"He's cheap".....
    Most likely but still spent the fee and wages on him rather than someone else (opportunity cost) and still raises doubts over the recruiters IMHO
  • cfgs said:

I don't tend to read blogs, don't have the time. I recommended Dick to do the youth reports after I saw them asking for someone on Twitter.

Think they are relatively young ( other than @dickplumb ;) ) and if it makes them happy then let them get on with it.

No ones not letting them get on with it, just pointing out that they're most likely not a reliable source
  • cfgs said:

I don't tend to read blogs, don't have the time. I recommended Dick to do the youth reports after I saw them asking for someone on Twitter.

Think they are relatively young ( other than @dickplumb ;) ) and if it makes them happy then let them get on with it.

No ones not letting them get on with it, just pointing out that they're most likely not a reliable source
    That I do agree with.
  • I wouldn't write LePoint off totally. He needed to adapt, but there were some subtle clues that he had some qualities.

Panic buy for me. I hope he comes good but I think he will be moved on come Jan, if not before
  • Sponsored links:

• Lepoint looks a really poor buy.

No pace, poor control if he's starting for us next season we will struggle.
  • I only saw his cameo appearance where he actually played well for about 10 minutes. Maybe a pre season etc may help, willing to give him a chance, had a good attitude from interviews. Could do better though I imagine.
  • wmcf123 said:

Fumbluff said:

MrLargo said:

......"He's cheap".....
    Most likely but still spent the fee and wages on him rather than someone else (opportunity cost) and still raises doubts over the recruiters IMHO
    Yes indeed
  • I wouldn't write LePoint off totally. He needed to adapt, but there were some subtle clues that he had some qualities.

Only if baldness is a quality.
    It is. Well that's what I tell myself.

It can be. But I was thinking of a driving run he made at the Valley as a late substitute and some nice touches. Where he got a lot of stick was when he was played as a striker which was terrible. Not saying he is a great player, but he may be being written off a bit too quickly.
    Don't be silly, we are Charlton fans, we would never do such a thing!
  • Lepoint is also meant to be good in the dressing room, a good team man, and with so many French speakers, he should be able to keep many of them happy!
  • Nadir Ciftci wants to leave Dundee United, not Prem class at Mo,
    But would be a great signing for CAFC and show some ambition to go for a number 9 who is only 23 and a young Turk.(Polish Pete and Reza to go to United plus a million or two)
    Would increase our crowd as well with the Turkish population of London.
  • Sponsored links:

• LePoint will come good, this will be his season.
    I predict he will be Player of the Year and a Charlton ledge.
  • Greenie said:

LePoint will come good, this will be his season.

Where will the tattoo be? ; - )
  • Greenie said:

LePoint will come good, this will be his season.

• Anyone else think we're waiting for the end of the Women's World Cup before we get our business done? We must have some scouts out there watching......
  • edited June 2015
    get a few of the Ivory Coast women in

It can be. But I was thinking of a driving run he made at the Valley as a late substitute and some nice touches. Where he got a lot of stick was when he was played as a striker which was terrible. Not saying he is a great player, but he may be being written off a bit too quickly.
    Don't be silly, we are Charlton Football fans, we would never do such a thing!
    It's really not a Charlton only phenomenon.

Don't remind me of the Cardiff away performance, looked like it was the first time he'd ever seen a football !

I thought lots of people thought the idea was that he would go to St Truinden this summer - has something happened to make that unlikely ?
  • se9addick said:

I wouldn't write LePoint off totally. He needed to adapt, but there were some subtle clues that he had some qualities.

Don't remind me of the Cardiff away performance, looked like it was the first time he'd ever seen a football !

I thought lots of people thought the idea was that he would go to St Truinden this summer - has something happened to make that unlikely ?
    They got promoted.... he's now not wanted...
  • se9addick said:

I wouldn't write LePoint off totally. He needed to adapt, but there were some subtle clues that he had some qualities.

They saw the Cardiff game as well...

Having said that the player who did come off the bench and made a real improvement was Simon Church, so maybe they'll sign him instead!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!