Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• sammy391 said:

@FLeagueWorld: TRANSFER NEWS: Charlton Athletic interested in former Chelsea winger #cafc #cfc http://t.co/C8fs5l0sFn http://t.co/yd9sgBrJrC

Would not want!
  • Shaun Wright-Phillips - No thanks
  • dickplumb said:

Bobby Zamora is still on the train to Charlton.

He'll be bloody ages as there's a derailed train at Charlton,maybe he's on the 161 bus.
  • Good not great if Vossen comes in. Terrible if JBG goes to Wolves.
  • Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.

Same birthday as me ! ( Different year of course )

Has to be an omen......

and me!
  • Well the names just get more silly, a player called Jelly!!!! Let's hope that ones a firm rumour...

If we get Jelly - I scream!
    Lots on here will throw a wobbly though
  • wmcf123 said:

Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.

Has to be an omen......

and me!
    And me x3
  • Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.

Because he has a bad wig and his partner is the lovely Debbie Magee?
  • dickplumb said:

Bobby Zamora is still on the train to Charlton.

If Southeastern Trains have anything to do with it -YES!
  • edited June 2015

Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for English Championship club Middlesbrough, on loan from KRC Genk, and the Belgium national football team. He is nicknamed The Magician.

Has to be an omen......

As does scoring a hat trick against Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

if he does sign for us (a BIG IF) that means that 'Boro do not want him and he'll be keen to come down south where it's a bit warmer .. if Boro do want him, it's doubtful he'll sign for us .. realistically, Boro have better promotion prospects than we do, anyway, at 'this point in time' .. he's a very decent player though
    I work with a Boro fan who thought this year was their last chance of getting up before Gibson has to rethink his strategy. They're losing £1m a month and rumours up there are of a clear out and a reining in of spending.

Doesn't mean we're getting Vossen, but wouldn't be surprised if Boro lose quite a few of that team.
  • TelMc32 said:

if he does sign for us (a BIG IF) that means that 'Boro do not want him and he'll be keen to come down south where it's a bit warmer .. if Boro do want him, it's doubtful he'll sign for us .. realistically, Boro have better promotion prospects than we do, anyway, at 'this point in time' .. he's a very decent player though
    I work with a Boro fan who thought this year was their last chance of getting up before Gibson has to rethink his strategy. They're losing £1m a month and rumours up there are of a clear out and a reining in of spending.

Doesn't mean we're getting Vossen, but wouldn't be surprised if Boro lose quite a few of that team.
    Doesn't really matter what Boro want, all that matters is matching what Genk want. They don't own him and I'm pretty sure Middlesborough have said they can't get him. If we want him I can see us getting him really.
  • Is Vossen a striker or attacking midfielder?
  • sammy391 said:

@ScandiAgentITK: Charlton Athletic and Leeds United are both interested in signing Icelandic international Birkir Bjarnason from Pescara. #CAFC #LUFC

Sounds fishy to me.

OK, I am sure that one has been done before.
  • sammy391 said:

@FLeagueWorld: TRANSFER NEWS: Charlton Athletic interested in former Chelsea winger #cafc #cfc http://t.co/C8fs5l0sFn http://t.co/yd9sgBrJrC

Seems to be becoming the new Julian Grey, Hayden Mullins and Darren Purse... The rumour that just keeps giving.
  • If he turned us down for a loan then I assume we weren't good enough for him. So why are we good enough now? Oh that's it he's been released and looking for a job.
  • edited June 2015
    Jelle eeh? That would be a jammy signing and should conserve our future....
  • iaitch said:

If he turned us down for a loan then I assume we weren't good enough for him. So why are we good enough now? Oh that's it he's been released and looking for a job.

To be fair, I would imagine that a year ago, Middlesbrough were a far better prospect than us!
  • TelMc32 said:

thanks for the info
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Nicholas said:

Is Vossen a striker or attacking midfielder?

he's what I would call a modern number 10 covering the forward 2/3 of the pitch .. Bamford, his partner last season is very similar but more skilful and less 'abrasive' .. 'Boro played without a 'target man', more of a modern/continental approach, one we're presumably looking to adopt with Watt and Vetekole .. or even Vetokele
  • Not saying the Vossen rumour isn't true, but was getting married in Belgium on Saturday and on his honeymoon at the moment... Of course he could have been 'spotted' last week I suppose.

http://m.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20150603_01713563/jelle-vossen-en-audry-op-huwelijksreis-naar-indonesie
  • 'Punching above his weight' springs to mind!
  • Essex_Al said:

'Punching above his weight' springs to mind!

second that
  • Jelle Vossen will not be joining us.
  • TelMc32 said:

thanks for the info
    I don't know the extent of Gibson's resources Lincs, but he's certainly been a brilliant chairman for them. It's obviously a labour of love for him and I certainly wouldn't have begrudged them going up.
  • Essex_Al said:

'Punching above his weight' springs to mind!

His wallet gives him the extra weight i'm sure.
  • Nicholas said:

Is Vossen a striker or attacking midfielder?

Hes a diver of Tom Daly quality.
  • edited June 2015
    https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2015-06-04/lokeren-werkt-aan-opmerkelijke-deal-met-standard-en-charlton

Last season the midfielder was loaned out to Charlton. Lokeren would like to discuss a swap deal with Roland Duchâtelet. Nill De Pauw would pull over at Charlton, Buyens to Lokere
  • sammy391 said:

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2015-06-04/lokeren-werkt-aan-opmerkelijke-deal-met-standard-en-charlton

Last season the midfielder was loaned out to Charlton. Lokeren would like to discuss a swap deal with Roland Duchâtelet. Nill De Pauw would pull over at Charlton, Buyens to Lokere

Surely Nill would be better staying with Peeters, is the amount of wins they'll get and no doubt the amount of goals they'll get too
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!