Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I think the word star gives it away.

Mcoxo and Brentford.

been talk of him going Millwall

• It won't be a team in our league as you don't play pre season friendlies v other champ teams. Bournemouth, West Ham or Swansea I reckon...

It won't be Bournemouth as too soon, West Ham police bill would be ridiculous.

Swansea I fancy to keep the London Swans happy over the Summer.

It it could be Arsenal and Coq by way of thanks with them paying.
  • We haven't played Arsenal in a friendly for ages, I remember beating them in 1993?

With our pitch and the Coq factor, I'd hope for them
  • edited June 2015
  • Came on CharltonLife today... Saw there were 50 comments on this thread... thought something BIG was happening involving Charlton and their transfer activity... click on the link, and...

NOT A BLOODY THING lol!

ditto
  • ditto to the ditto
  • Yeah, I demand a fully appropriate and satisfying bollox:rumours ratio. I have rights!
  • Gabon - George Costa

There I said it.
  • My best guesses for the pre-season friendly are Salim Kerkar and Beroe Stara Zagora, Dean Sinclair and Eastbourne Borough or Alan Pardew and Crystal Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

Fulham and Scott Parker :wink:

As luck would have it I have just seen him walking into Starbucks - he was limping unless of course he has picked up some kind of gangster swagger.

2 minutes later Gary Cahill walks past going into Waitrose.

Slackers.
  • edited June 2015
  • So, what is it that makes someone a "former player" and someone else a "former star "?
  • edited June 2015
  • Oh right. The star would be playing for the other side. Bradley Wright Philips and NY Red bulls. No - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Burton Albion.
  • So, what is it that makes someone a "former player" and someone else a "former star "?
    Maybe he needed another season.
    Maybe he needed another season.
  • edited June 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015

LOL
    Standard and Charlton competing for the same player?
    Is Roland bored or something?
  • edited June 2015
  • Think the c&p with the link to a local rag is what is causing our spam programme to flare up. Have removed the links.

Basically said we are set to miss out to Liege for Anthony Knockheart, or whatever his name
  • Tresor Kandol and Crawley Wanderers.
  • A star player would have to be someone that the vast majority of supporters would agree had been one of our greats and played at the highest level. The three that came straight to mind were Sir Chris, D.Bent, S. Parker as they played for us at the higher level.

But when you think about the players we had when we were in the Prem, there are quite a few that are knocking around football that would be nice to see again even if they are not playing now.

What is the Herminator doing now?
  • A star player would have to be someone that the vast majority of supporters would agree had been one of our greats and played at the highest level. The three that came straight to mind were Sir Chris, D.Bent, S. Parker as they played for us at the higher level.

But when you think about the players we had when we were in the Prem, there are quite a few that are knocking around football that would be nice to see again even if they are not playing now.

What is the Herminator doing now?
  • Playing left back for Fylkir apparently. So there we have it.
  • What about Luke Young... Is he even still playing now?
  • edited June 2015
  • What about Luke Young... Is he even still playing now?

He's practically crippled apparently. I was talking to someone who knows him pretty well and he's apparently in a huge amount of pain with his knees. He can't even train or coach a kids team.

Don't feel sorry for him - he's got more than enough money left to survive on - but his retirement isn't exactly a bunch of roses at the moment

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!