Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    Peter_G said:

colin1961 said:

premiership loan coming in this week could cost us up to 2 mill ?

This lad from Everton hasn't cost £2 mill for approx 10 games, has he?
    Possible if we take him permanent in Jan but that's all I would say..
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Ketts said:

ross1 said:

I would expect Conor McAleny to play LM, although, with none of our strikers 100% fit, or so it seems, he may even start up front

I'm pretty certain McAleny is righ-footed Ross. My guess would be he'll be used primarily as a striker. We'll soon find out.
    I will always listen to what you have to say Ketts, mainly because you are usually right, but do not forget JBG is left footed and plays on the right
    Thanks for the kind words mate. On this one, I'm just guessing where he'll play tbh, though I understand that the player prefers to play as a striker. If he can play through the middle, as well as on both flanks, he will give Luzon some great options.
  • Options
    Charlton boss: That's us done for transfers but I'm delighted to get Everton frontman
    Thursday, 17 September 2015 By Richard Cawley

This is our squad and we go with this squad,
    Charlton boss Guy Luzon does not expect any more signings after the loan capture of Everton’s Conor McAleny this week.
    The 23-year-old joined on an initial two-month loan which is likely to be extended.
    And Luzon has dismissed the idea that there could be any more arrivals.
    "This is our squad and we go with this squad," he said.
    McAleny has suffered injury setbacks during previous loans at Cardiff City and Brentford.
    Luzon said: "I’m sure he will be okay. Conor is a very good player with a lot of quality. He is an attack-minded left winger and he will show a lot this season, I’m sure."
  • Options
    ''Conor better then pennant?.''

Quoted on previous page - probably a lot cheaper!!!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

what a joke

Why? Is there another position we need a first choice player?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

what a joke

We need a wide player. James Henry, Jermain Pennant etc.
  • Options
    Another nondescript season awaits then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're over budget, don't forget.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

what a joke

A right back for covering Solly? A player that's missed numerous games in the last two years because of his knee. An actual winger.? Not a striker or centre mid that's playing out of position ? Does it need explaining .

Two weeks before the transfer window shut luzon wanted 2/3 more , 2 weeks after it closes, we've signed a striker kid from a prem club on a 2 month loan and that's it. Hence my original comment
    How do we know McAleny is best as a striker? Maybe left midfield is his best position? Didn't look like a striker on Tuesday.

Ideally we'd have cover for Solly but we're not going to get a good and affordable right back on loan who might not even be needed on the bench.
  • Options
    Just when you thought they'd learnt. Oh well, another boring season awaits.
  • Options
    We're so close to having a squad that could challenge for the playoffs over the course of a season and Duchatelet doesn't seem to realise that or is happy with mid-table Championship football. Don't get me wrong, I'll take that over a relegation battle and League One but it seems a waste with the talent we do have in the squad. I fully expect to see Cousins and Gudmundsson sold before the start of next season and possibly even Tony Watt, triggering yet another summer of rebuilding.
  • Options
    I really thought this season would be different, lessons would be learned and we would not be so naive, never mind, maybe next summer.
  • Options
    He has cover for Solly and thats Cousins.
    For some bizarre reason he is determined to fit Ba, Kashi and Cousins in the starting 11 which unfortunately means Jordan will play in any position needed. Unfortunate because we all know what position where he is at his best except for guy of course .
  • Options
    Not only is his talent wasted out wide but our formation looks like City Hall ffs
  • Options

Luzon must not have had the call yet from Reams informing him that three Bournemouth players are on there way....

U WOT M80 FANCY A CHAT AT THE ANGLICAN M99???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015

“I always know my best 11,” he said. “It depends on fitness and form but I know my best team. “We don’t have any excuses now. We have a squad, we need to use them and be smart.”

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/guy_luzon_rules_out_striker_and_goalkeeper_loans_and_knows_his_best_xi_for_blackburn_1_4237239
    Copyright © LONDON24
  • Options

Charlton boss: That's us done for transfers but I'm delighted to get Everton frontman

Charlton boss Guy Luzon does not expect any more signings after the loan capture of Everton’s Conor McAleny this week.
    The 23-year-old joined on an initial two-month loan which is likely to be extended.
    McAleny has suffered injury setbacks during previous loans at Cardiff City and Brentford.
    Luzon said: "I’m sure he will be okay. Conor is a very good player with a lot of quality. He is an attack-minded left winger and he will show a lot this season, I’m sure."

This is the key quote from Luzon.
    As Scoham said above, maybe left midfield is his best position.
  • Options
    So Cousins will be used as LM/RB for a significant number of games. Awesome.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Cousins is in danger of getting the utility tag and failing to settle in a position. I actually said to my mate on Tuesday that, whilst CM is clearly his best position, what may hold him back from becoming really decent in that position is his poor shooting skills. He has all the traits to be a decent wing back in my opinion.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

what a joke

A right back for covering Solly? A player that's missed numerous games in the last two years because of his knee. An actual winger.? Not a striker or centre mid that's playing out of position ? Does it need explaining .

Two weeks before the transfer window shut luzon wanted 2/3 more , 2 weeks after it closes, we've signed a striker kid from a prem club on a 2 month loan and that's it. Hence my original comment
    How do we know McAleny is best as a striker? Maybe left midfield is his best position? Didn't look like a striker on Tuesday.

Ideally we'd have cover for Solly but we're not going to get a good and affordable right back on loan who might not even be needed on the bench.
    On Tuesday McAleny kept coming inside to shoot rather than take it wide and cross it which suggests he prefers to be in the middle. Also doesn't bode too well for service for the 2 strikers if both our wingers are looking to cut inside.
    As for Solly makes more sense to get a loan in when and if he gets injured - that's why they are emergency loans!
  • Options

Cousins is in danger of getting the utility tag and failing to settle in a position. I actually said to my mate on Tuesday that, whilst CM is clearly his best position, what may hold him back from becoming really decent in that position is his poor shooting skills. He has all the traits to be a decent wing back in my opinion.

He was poorer on the right of midfield under Powell than the left under BP and GL IMO.

He can't play wide. He's not skilful enough.
  • Options

No he's not. He's a striker.
  • Options

No he's not. He's a striker.
    I think I'll go with the coach who sees him in training thanks
    Well, to be fair, he played not a lot like a left winger on Tuesday. Wanted to be central all the time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!