Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    Highly rated a few years ago, not sure why he hasn't progressed (injuries maybe)

Used to be listed on FM as a striker/left winger
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Not played too many games for a 23 year old. Good luck Conor hopefully you can bang in a few here.
  • Options
    Charlton have completed the signing of highly-rated Everton forward Conor McAleny on loan, initially until November 7th, the club confirmed on Monday afternoon.

Equally adept at playing up front as well as wide, the 23-year-old enjoyed an eight-game spell at Cardiff City in the latter period of last season, finding the net twice.

Thank you CAFC twitter
  • Options
    He was heavily included by Blues boss Roberto Martinez in this year's pre-season and, two weeks ago, he found the net in Everton U21s' 4-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur.

McAleny will wear the number 28 shirt in SE7 and is eligible for selection for tomorrow’s clash with Huddersfield Town at The Valley.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-everton-conor-mcaleny-2688373.aspx#ROqT6IAAYyBOI7ZC.99
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Highly rated a few years ago, not sure why he hasn't progressed (injuries maybe)

Used to be listed on FM as a striker/left winger

Unfortunately, though, his six-month loan spell in west London was cut short due to injury having played just four games but, after recovering from a broken leg, the promising youngster penned a new three-year contract with Everton in summer 2014.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-everton-conor-mcaleny-2688373.aspx#ROqT6IAAYyBOI7ZC.99
  • Options
    Very pleased with this!! Well done Guy!!
  • Options
    It's nice to see the club sign a domestic player.
  • Options
    Seems to fit the bill. Hopefully he will impress.
  • Options
    Wonder what the thinking is over 8 week loan? Could be up to 12 weeks.

So we can renew to take him over Xmas or something Everton wanted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Full name Conor Michael McAleny[1]
    Date of birth 12 August 1992 (age 23)
    Place of birth Whiston, England[1]
    Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)[2]

Too small Luzon/Roland out.
  • Options
    although happy to have him on board I thought we were after an attacking midfielder and by that I thought a central attacking midfielder. Bergdich hasn't yet been given a real chance wide left and I can't see Everton being happy with him bench warming.
  • Options

Think you are right Henry. 7 November is 54 days away, no game due to Euro play-offs on 14 November. If we re-signed him on 20 November, he would be available until 29 December, so could play in all games before the end of the year.
  • Options
    I would expect Conor McAleny to play LM, although, with none of our strikers 100% fit, or so it seems, he may even start up front
  • Options
    Frazer Richardson was sitting in the directors box on Saturday as he wasn't part of Rotherham's 18 man squad. Could get him on loan as back up right back?
  • Options
    Ketts said:

Think you are right Henry. 7 November is 54 days away, no game due to Euro play-offs on 14 November. If we re-signed him on 20 November, he would be available until 29 December, so could play in all games before the end of the year.
    Cheers Ketts, that explains it. That Chris Parkes is a smart guy.
  • Options

Frazer Richardson was sitting in the directors box on Saturday as he wasn't part of Rotherham's 18 man squad. Could get him on loan as back up right back?

Could do a lot worse assuming he's at the level he was before.
  • Options

He has had an injury. Rotherham is his home town club as well, so may not want to move down sarf at this time of his career?
  • Options
    Good luck Conor. A bit underwhelmed but what was I expecting. Time will tell.
    In Guy We trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conor better then pennant?.
  • Options
    Everton are showing faith in him after all his injuries so I guess they think he is good enough. I look forward to seeing him play and have a good feeling he is a good 'en.

Welcome Conor.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I would expect Conor McAleny to play LM, although, with none of our strikers 100% fit, or so it seems, he may even start up front

I'm pretty certain McAleny is righ-footed Ross. My guess would be he'll be used primarily as a striker. We'll soon find out.
  • Options
    So still need a left winger?.
  • Options
    Ketts said:

ross1 said:

I'm pretty certain McAleny is righ-footed Ross. My guess would be he'll be used primarily as a striker. We'll soon find out.
    Would make sense though... Gudmundsson is Left-Footed but plays on the Right... Bulot was Right-Footed so played on the Left (Same with McAleny)
  • Options
    Modern wingers tend to take on their full back and cut in on their opposite foot. It's why bale plays on the right and Cristiano on the left.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Modern wingers tend to take on their full back and cut in on their opposite foot. It's why bale plays on the right and Cristiano on the left.

The technical term as used by CP on Sky's Footballers Football Show is 'inverted wingers'.
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/news/9105102/footballers-football-show-ep-11
  • Options
    Ketts said:

ross1 said:

I will always listen to what you have to say Ketts, mainly because you are usually right, but do not forget JBG is left footed and plays on the right
  • Options
    Bulot was definitely left footed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!