Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    To play alongside Simon Church presumably :-)

I guess MKD are missing Dele Alli, I knew he was good but the way he's settled in at Spurs has been really impressive
  • Options

To play alongside Simon Church presumably :-)

I guess MKD are missing Dele Alli, I knew he was good but the way he's settled in at Spurs has been really impressive
    STRIKEFORCE
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Blucher said:

Buckley would be very useful but I read somewhere that Sunderland have the 8th biggest wage bill in the Premier League (hardly commensurate with their level of performance). On that basis, I imagine the outlay (including any loan fee) would be far too rich for Roland's blood and, quite frankly, I don't blame him.

If they have the 8th biggest wage bill then the return is simply shocking. I was actually thinking of starting a new thread to highlight just how shit football in the north east, but can probably sum it up right here. Sunderland have just been woeful for ages now. Season after season they somehow manage to retain their Prem status. Last season was particularly bad including the 8-0 defeat at Soton. But just look at the players they buy. They are the retirement home for average players like O'Shea and Brown. Their forward line is dire. Graham, Fletcher and Defoe (don't know the other one Advocaat bought in, but know he'll be shit).

Fletcher only scored against Gibraltar last season, and IMO when he got photo'd with that Supercar, summed up everything wrong with the modern game. Here is a shit player, with no goals, able to buy something that most people couldn't afford to hire for one hour. Only in football can you be that shit, and have what he has. The test is relegation. Some of these players manage to get bought by the promoted clubs or other teams around the bottom, but if Sunderland got relegated, you'd like to think he and Graham would be back in the Championship where they belong.

And then Newcastle. They've appointed someone who football has forgot. Don't rate McLaren. He did well in his earlier career but you listen to his interviews, I can't see him inspiring a team to achieve what the fans expect up there. The whole club is run badly. The owner wanted to sell, is disliked by the fans. It's a bad atmosphere. I'd be very surprised if both, def one of them doesn't go down
    Was speaking to a Sunderland fan at work today, he was born and bred up there. After the initial playoff final Clive Mendonca taunts we had some good chats about both clubs.. He said in all honesty that Sunderland are forced to offer huge conracts and long ones as well just to persuade players to go to Sunderland. And then when they turn out to be shit they're stuck with them...
  • Options

cabbles said:

Blucher said:

Buckley would be very useful but I read somewhere that Sunderland have the 8th biggest wage bill in the Premier League (hardly commensurate with their level of performance). On that basis, I imagine the outlay (including any loan fee) would be far too rich for Roland's blood and, quite frankly, I don't blame him.

If they have the 8th biggest wage bill then the return is simply shocking. I was actually thinking of starting a new thread to highlight just how shit football in the north east, but can probably sum it up right here. Sunderland have just been woeful for ages now. Season after season they somehow manage to retain their Prem status. Last season was particularly bad including the 8-0 defeat at Soton. But just look at the players they buy. They are the retirement home for average players like O'Shea and Brown. Their forward line is dire. Graham, Fletcher and Defoe (don't know the other one Advocaat bought in, but know he'll be shit).

Fletcher only scored against Gibraltar last season, and IMO when he got photo'd with that Supercar, summed up everything wrong with the modern game. Here is a shit player, with no goals, able to buy something that most people couldn't afford to hire for one hour. Only in football can you be that shit, and have what he has. The test is relegation. Some of these players manage to get bought by the promoted clubs or other teams around the bottom, but if Sunderland got relegated, you'd like to think he and Graham would be back in the Championship where they belong.

And then Newcastle. They've appointed someone who football has forgot. Don't rate McLaren. He did well in his earlier career but you listen to his interviews, I can't see him inspiring a team to achieve what the fans expect up there. The whole club is run badly. The owner wanted to sell, is disliked by the fans. It's a bad atmosphere. I'd be very surprised if both, def one of them doesn't go down
    Was speaking to a Sunderland fan at work today, he was born and bred up there. After the initial playoff final Clive Mendonca taunts we had some good chats about both clubs.. He said in all honesty that Sunderland are forced to offer huge conracts and long ones as well just to persuade players to go to Sunderland. And then when they turn out to be shit they're stuck with them...
    Losing 4-0 as I type this. If they go down and come back up they should just adopt a completely different approach. Might not be pretty, but Burnley are an example of a well run club. I'm sure they would've loved to splash the cash last year, but if I were a fan I'd be very happy with how that club is run
  • Options
    Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 3m3 minutes ago
    BOLTON. Vetokele at Charlton top of the wish list. Shocked if he will be available all the same.
  • Options
    well he certainly needs to get fit and is as good as useless to us until he is BUT it would leave us woefully short up-front unless we can get a replacement loanee in of course
  • Options

well he certainly needs to get fit and is as good as useless to us until he is BUT it would leave us woefully short up-front unless we can get a replacement loanee in of course

Ansah loan is up.
  • Options

Ansah loan is up.
    did Newport, bottom of whatever division they are in, not want to extend it then?
  • Options
    Don't need him anyway, Ahearne-Grant, Kennedy, Ansah, Lookman and Umerah is enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can only assume Lennon is unaware that Igor is not fully fit. No Way is he leaving.............if he does, and esp to a chump club, I'll be mightily p****d
  • Options

I can only assume Lennon is unaware that Igor is not fully fit. No Way is he leaving.............if he does, and esp to a chump club, I'll be mightily p****d

It seems unlikely but given how tight our budget is a loan fee and/or his wages off the books might look tempting to some even if that doesn't include Luzon.

He's not first choice and Luzon hasn't ever seen the best of him at Charlton. Maybe we'll never see him that good again.

Personally, I would like to see him fit and playing for us but look at Harriot and how well he is doing in a different environment albeit league one. Lennon already has Wilson and Dervite. Maybe he likes Charlton players.

• Options
    He surely won't pass a medical. Frankly if he did, it would be a bonus, as we could used the money freed in wages to bring in another striker.

Then he can see if he an get his form and fitness back - and come back a better player if it works out.
  • Options
    No way will Mrs V want to go live oop north, and little Igor won't want to do anything she doesn't want. Half of me thinks "good, Igor is some player when fully fit and will soon be back on form" while the other half is thinking " bollocks, ship out the expensive non-performer and use the money to bring in someone like Gary Hooper". So far the Igor supporting me is winning the argument but it's getting closer.
  • Options
    I am confused. Isn't the transfer window closed?
  • Options

Loan.
  • Options
    Vetokele can go. He's not fit/good enough for the first team so why do we continue to carry him? It's very unlikely he will ever turn in a good performance in a charlton shirt again so time to move him on. Simple as that.

If there are arguments over his fitness then the club's doctors are answerable for not being able to manage it.
  • Options
    That would be ridiculous. Only goalscorer in the squad.
  • Options

Loan.
    Ridiculous.

• Options
    He's probably on a fair lump so free up the money and bring in someone that's better than an Everton striker that doesn't strike
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When did he last score?
  • Options
    Wiki says we signed him for 2.4 million. I wonder if it was a structured fee and a big chunk will be payable if he plays anymore games so his agent has been told to hawk him around to see if he can find a loan deal.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

He's probably on a fair lump so free up the money and bring in someone that's better than an Everton striker that doesn't strike

Or as KM said, we've already overspent and therefore, maybe, could do with offloading IV and not bring anyone else in. Seems unlikely but who knows.
  • Options
    Lost Red said:

When did he last score?
    He's been injured to be fair though hasn't he. Get him fully fit with Watt and he'll start scoring again just as he was at the end of last season.
  • Options
    Lost Red said:

Vetokele can go. He's not fit/good enough for the first team so why do we continue to carry him? It's very unlikely he will ever turn in a good performance in a charlton shirt again so time to move him on. Simple as that.

If there are arguments over his fitness then the club's doctors are answerable for not being able to manage it.

Why will he never perform in a Charlton shirt again? We were trying to manage the injury since December apparently. Fully fit and he will score again. If Berdich squared the ball to him at Wolves he would be the joint top scorer despite playing fewer minutes than everyone else
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind but the club say he isn't fit drop him for 2 weeks put him back in then drop him and repeat sort the problem/treat it and clear it up its a fiasco all round
  • Options
    James Henry has signed a new contract with Wolves until 2017.

The midfielder’s current deal was due to expire next summer but he has penned a two-year extension with the option of a further year.

“I’m delighted to get it sorted and secure my future here for the next couple of years,” he told the club website. “Hopefully we can crack on now and get ourselves up the table."
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

James Henry has signed a new contract with Wolves until 2017.

The midfielder’s current deal was due to expire next summer but he has penned a two-year extension with the option of a further year.

“I’m delighted to get it sorted and secure my future here for the next couple of years,” he told the club website. “Hopefully we can crack on now and get ourselves up the table."

Hold on,thought he wanted to come back down south and told Jackett he wouldnt sign another deal.......
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!