Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

With Obileye, Thomas out on loan why would we loan out another centre half? We would only have Diarra, Sarr and Baeur. Why would you leave yourself exposed like that? Whoever is making these decisions knows nothing about football.

Terry Thomas's loan spell with Woking finishes tomorrow. Lennon out, Thomas in.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    LOAN | @HLennon94 has joined @TheGillsFC on an initial one-month, youth loan deal http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-harry-lennon-loan-gillingham-2722914.aspx … #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    The 20-year-old academy graduate spent part of last season with the Gills, playing two games in League One http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-harry-lennon-loan-gillingham-2722914.aspx#QF4cfUt3CouHA1Lk.99 … #cafc

now confirmed on OS twitter.

Seems a good move for Harry but in an already thin squad seems an odd move for us.

Still, saves a few bob on wages so we get nearer to hitting budget and that is what matters.

Took the words right out of my mouth, maybe someone is coming in, where's Colin? He knows everything that is going on at the hub.
    Given the paltry state of depth among our squad, and Lennon now going out, I am slightly annoyed RD doesn't sanction more loans.

Out

Mak
    Vetokele
    Cellabos

2 of those are forwards, the other an option at the left wing spot that has caused headaches for a few seasons now. GL brought in McAleny, but I think he's started 1 game????

If he was good enough you imagine he'd have started more. He maybe, but my point is why are we loaning players who aren't good enough to start. It's all a bit bizarre.

Yes we couldn't have foreseen the injuries to Mak etc, but we could've seen at the start of the season the squad is too small.

Bergdich I now have reservations about along with Ba. JJ just isn't going to cut it on the pitch anymore (IMO). So we are up against it now. Yes we're over budget, I understand it is important for financial prudence etc, but a few loans? Is that really going to push us toward a financial precipice
  • Options
    From Dick Plumb

''If we are not willing to fork out for tea and coffee, why should we pay wages for players not playing ? Wibble.

Roland Duchatelet, the tightest man on planet earth. He has over £300M, but won't buy the tea & coffee.''

Best comment on the 305 etc pages!!!
  • Options

From Dick Plumb

''If we are not willing to fork out for tea and coffee, why should we pay wages for players not playing ? Wibble.

Roland Duchatelet, the tightest man on planet earth. He has over £300M, but won't buy the tea & coffee.''

Best comment on the 305 etc pages!!!

Little do you know, the next page and a half is going to be an absolute storm.
  • Options
    I thought Roland has more then £500m?.
  • Options
    Euros not proper currency with Lizzies head on it!
  • Options

He wanted to come too...BUT the apparent rumour is that as we got Tony Watt for peanuts, Liege wanted a decent sum for Bulot and Roland didnt want to pay it (but Rennes obviously were willing to do so).

Looks a bad decision in hindsight as does our reluctance to cough up the money needed to buy James Henry, now he's signed a new contract at Wolves. Failure to sign a good left winger on a perm or on loan has undoubtly cost us dear during Sept as we were close to looking like we could challenge for the playoffs had we had a bit more depth.

But Roland could and should have transferred him before he sold Liege.
    Depends on when the lock out period started, could have been during a non transfer window. Would you as owner risk a sale of a club for the transfer of one player?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    colin1961 said:

dickplumb said:

With Obileye, Thomas out on loan why would we loan out another centre half? We would only have Diarra, Sarr and Baeur. Why would you leave yourself exposed like that? Whoever is making these decisions knows nothing about football.

If we are not willing to fork out for tea and coffee, why should we pay wages for players not playing ? Wibble.

Roland Duchatelet, the tightest man on planet earth. He has over £300M, but won't buy the tea & coffee.
    Most likely still paying his wages like we are with Harriott , Polish Pete
    Alrite Col, you're late :wink:
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

dickplumb said:

If we are not willing to fork out for tea and coffee, why should we pay wages for players not playing ? Wibble.

Roland Duchatelet, the tightest man on planet earth. He has over £300M, but won't buy the tea & coffee.
    Most likely still paying his wages like we are with Harriott , Polish Pete
    Don't forget Tucudean
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jacko at left back at Champ level would be a calamity because his legs are not up to it. He couldn't play at a decent enough level at left back in league 1 and that was 4 or 5 years ago.
  • Options
    Jacko's not a left back. Played there in L1 for us, not vey successfully. We have THD though as cover for Fox. Lennon needs some games and if we need him, I imagine we can recall him.
  • Options
    Stick Jacko on the sofa, we may as well make use of it.
  • Options
    According a recent estimate RD's worth 1.25 billion euro. FYI, the chap on the No2 spot owns KV Ostend en the No 4 owns Club Bruges.
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150417_01634482
  • Options
    Jacko was awful at left back when he first got lumped there by parky. Now he's about 5x slower than he was then and older I think we'd be better off putting me at left back.
  • Options
    Losses being loaded up to the debt of the club, which is the largest debt in the clubs history ? Tax write off for other companies ? Also, not enough commitment though to get the club out of the championship or compete in a strong way in a difficult division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Losses being loaded up to the debt of the club, which is the largest debt in the clubs history ? Tax write off for other companies ? Also, not enough commitment though to get the club out of the championship or compete in a strong way in a difficult division.

This is my question, I would assume RD is not just writing that money off, so when he does sell will want it back?

What happens if his football business ideology continues to fail to the point he loses interest in a few seasons but has not got a hope of selling for anywhere near the money he has paid out due to us still being a middle table at best Championship club?

• Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015

vff said:

This is my question, I would assume RD is not just writing that money off, so when he does sell will want it back?

What happens if his football business ideology continues to fail to the point he loses interest in a few seasons but has not got a hope of selling for anywhere near the money he has paid out due to us still being a middle table at best Championship club?

Good question.

Maybe hoping that in a few years time, that the care and support will be knocked out of Charlton supporters. Then will be able to reclaim the money back in another way (if the debts continue to mount up and the project fails), that currently would not be accepted ?
  • Options
    Posted on one of the Charlton Facebook pages

• Options
    I heard Brighton and West Brom were interested.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Posted on one of the Charlton Facebook pages

Undisclosed
  • Options
    They mentioned on the tv commentary today (couldnt get to game) that we had the third lowest budget in the Championship, if so certainly explains a lot.
  • Options

I heard Brighton and West Brom were interested.

Burton also showing interest
  • Options
    Halix said:

They mentioned on the tv commentary today (couldnt get to game) that we had the third lowest budget in the Championship, if so certainly explains a lot.

The said that we had the third lowest last season but that it had increased slightly this season. Whether that means it has increased from third lowest or increased in total salary I am not certain. But either way, as you say, it explains a lot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!