Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extra Europa League spot

13»

Comments

• Options
    If teams that earn X million from TV deals, and Y million for each place they finish higher up in the league are really throwing games to avoid the Europa league for financial reasons, and if the fans of those clubs are content to put up with it, we really are in a sorry state.
  • Options
    Because they won't be trying, they will be walking around and only picking up bookings due to cynical ans lazy challenges,
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

vff said:

se9addick said:

this actually could effect us as Burnley could end up in the Europa league

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32651839

How does this "effect" us ?
    well slim chance I know but we might have a Sunday game if they play Europa league on a Thursday
    Is this really worth a new thread ?
    Which existing thread would the hypothetical possibility of Burnley possibly getting a Europa Cup spot in odd circumstances which will almost certainly have no impact at all on Charlton (and will probably/certainly never happen anyway) fit into ?
    more likely to happen than not
    England have been given an extra spot
    Liverpool will finish in the top 7
    so Burnley who will be in the championship next season have as much of a chance as West Ham and Everton
    So a one in three chance is more likely to happen than not ?

Please never gamble.
    more likely than before this was announced
    and they have as much chance as the other 2
    So it isn't "more likely than not" then ?

P.S - I'm just going to see how long you can try and defend an un-defendable comment
    you comment is more un-defendable
    as I said you saying it will probably/certainly never happen is completely wrong, making it sound like a 1 in a million chance rather than a 1 in 3

if someone said you have a 1 in 3 chance of winning the lottery I would love them odds
    But if you had a 1 in 3 chance of anything lottery/Europa/Katy Perry it would still be more unlikely to happen than it would be to happen - that's objectively and statistically true.

Again, Ladbrokes are not your friend.

Over 800 comments on the "Sport of Kings..." thread would suggest that some people think they are mate? :wink:
    I really hope they aren't all from Paulie !
  • Options
    IA said:

A list of some of the teams Burnley may (but probably will not) face on their journey to qualification for the Europa League group phase.

Neftchi Baku
    Aktobe
    Strømsgodset
    Shamrock Rovers
    Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino
    Aberdeen
    St Patrick's Athletic
    Trencin
    HB
    Birkirkara
    Pyunik
    Odd
    Sillamae Kalev
    Lusitanos
    Vikingur Reykjavik
    Jelgava
    Atlantas
    Glenavon
    Glentoran
    Linfield
    Gabala
    Airbus UK Broughton
    Cork City
    Kruoja Pakruojis
    Trakai
    UCD
    Bala Town
    Folgore
    NSI Runavik
    VPS

Maybe we can follow Burnley's qualification campaign throughout the summer ? Even they don't get the Fair Play spot (and they won't get the Fair Play spot) we could follow them on a theoretical qualification run.

What a wonderful summer we have lined up.

Just think of the possible new thread titles

"Burnley v Odd (not an opinion)"

Who have Burnley been drawn against ?
  • Options
    Paulie... please sum up this thread.
  • Options
    In summary he said we may have an extra Europa League place, and that Burnley were in contention and that it may affect when we play them as they are in our division next year.

We did get that extra place, but West Ham got it not Burnley so doesnt affect us a club.

Not sure why Paulie getting grief on this.
  • Options
    Cheers MOL. I didnt read the whole thing to be honest as i spent most of my time this morning engrossed in the "how do you wipe your bum" thread. I did gather from the 1st page of this one though that Paulie loves to defend himself til the cows come home.