Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So where are we all now with Luzon?

Comments

• Options
    He did ok but next season will be his team(or Rolands)so no excuses plus he hasn't got the scum to worry about beating.
  • Options
    doronron said:

He did ok but next season will be his team(or Rolands)so no excuses plus he hasn't got the scum to worry about beating.

So what excuses did he make this year ?

• Options

doronron said:

as I said,no excuses next season,has to be top six,it will be his team

• Options

doronron said:

None!
    Unlike Peeters who blamed players, Luzon talked them up after most games. And then got to help make the decision on who to release.
    I look forward to the first few summer signings so we can leave this behind and have a better view of ambition for next time.
  • Options
    Wasn't too fond of his appointment tbh, but he's made me eat my words. I've enjoyed him thus far and am excited to see what he will muster up this summer, as well as how he'll do in a full season. Well done GL and honestly, well done RD
  • Options
    doronron said:

doronron said:

as I said,no excuses next season,has to be top six,it will be his team

Well I'm as hopeful as anyone but I think top six is an expectation too far in my view. Yes I would like to be thinking of a play off place with half a dozen games to go but I'm not thinking anything less will constitute failure.

• Options
    I get the notion of lowering expectations, but I raise with the notion of aspiration.
    The aspiration has to be positive, or you end up playing to escape relegation. Only if a team starts with points deducted should they begin the season not expecting to win the league. This expectation can then be reduced to winning a tackle, succeeding with a pass, scoring a goal, and yes concentrating on one game at a time.
    Interesting that Bikey said whilst interviewed after Brentford away that the aim was 'play offs, minimum', yet we hear there was a budget for 63 points (?), which we didn't get anyway.
    The aspiration ought always to be unrealistic if you like, but for Guy Luzon next season should be something like the equivalent of two wins, one draw and one defeat every four games as a minimum target.
  • Options
    I want us to end next season in the playoffs, or disappointed at coming so close and falling short. From comments that Katrien has made, it seems RD's general vision for the next season or so is to go through the season looking upwards, not down. Comfortable survival is the very bare minimum, a determined attempt at the playoffs (even if it doesn't quite work) seems to be desired. Luzon isn't going to lay all his cards on the table yet when the pack hasn't even been shuffled, he doesn't know what he'll be working with yet. Hopes, yes, expects, probably, but knows? Nope.
  • Options
    Still doing a good job. Then again I still don't really feel any connection to him as a fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I cant get enough of the man. He don't take any shit, he plays good football, he's bat shit crazy in his technical area, he can pull a cracking looking woman and he goes raving.

Man love level = 100%

He was at a rave. By this logic I can claim to play football! In reality I stand around watching people who can play football!

He's certainly grown a lot on me since he arrived, I was disgruntled as the rest of us when he did.

• Options

I cant get enough of the man. He don't take any shit, he plays good football, he's bat shit crazy in his technical area, he can pull a cracking looking woman and he goes raving.

Man love level = 100%

Agree with all of that. The only downside I can see to him is that he doesn't come across very well at all when being interviewed.
  • Options
    what VG said

he's brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Man love level = 100%

I love that expression!!

What is there not to like? He is the boss, as proved when he dropped Watt.
    No crap will be taken. He as brought in players he knows and wanted, so he's not a puppet then???
    He heads and kicks every ball, so his passion is evidence that he cares about our club, we've had managers who just stand and stare not showing any passion.
    He appears to have excellent man management, is tactically strong, is trying to play attacking football, understands the balance of skill v strength players that are required in this league, and the players like him, finally he got a song on Saturday, yep I like the bloke.
    What I want to know is where did he go raving? Good lad Guy.

• Options

Man love level = 100%

I want to like and lol.

In all seriousness I think that in a roundabout way we've got lucky here. Roundabout in that Peeters leaving and how GL was recruited was messy, but I really like him.

I get the feeling he's building the same spirit in the team that CP got with Morro, JJ, Stephens etc but with better players and a better style of football
  • Options

Man love level = 100%

No one is perfect... :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    He has grown on me a lot, i like the way he goes about his job.

Still does not change the negative process & feeling of dishonesty to us fans that lead to his arrival at the club for me personally but that is a complete different issue to the man himself, he was not at fault for any of any of that.

Hopefully he is the coach to build us that team that can not only achieve more then the CP team did(9th place) but take us up to the top tier.
  • Options
    I think he's doing really well, the point was made on the post game podcast that it would have been easy to just tell the public that Watt started on the bench because he had a slight illness.

It would have also been easy to just pick Watt from the start - if he was just in it for the short term that's what he would have done.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    There has been a huge amount of noise made by us fans over the fact that Cousins and Gudmundsson had their Contracts expiring in the summer yet doesnt Luzon's contract also expire at the end of the season?

Hopefully we can begin negotiations soon if the club want him to be our next Ferguson