Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So where are we all now with Luzon?

Comments

• Options
    I like him, and he gave me a thumbs up when I said hello to him at the BP Garage at Avery Hill earlier today.
  • Options

I like him, and he gave me a thumbs up when I said hello to him at the BP Garage at Avery Hill earlier today.

His wages must be poor then.
    No wonder he has to crouch down on match days.

• Options
    I'm at the bowling alley
  • Options
    100% support from me as well
  • Options
    He's done a more than impressive job for me

I'd love to know how much of an input he has had in to our transfers

Those claiming he's done great business might actually have an idea or is it all just pie in the sky

100% Support from me
  • Options
    He's won me over.... I was very angry about the entire process and was certain he would fail, we would fail and we were going back to League One for another few years of hash depressing reality...

But ... No it simply didnt go that way.. he sort it out and more ... I begrudgingly game him the benefit of the doubt and now think hes great...

Those vids are fantastic... love it ....

Hes bold and I am confident that he has a proper buzz going in the group...

I think we could be onto something this year...

2 singings to come aparently and those could be the final pieces to Guys puzzle...
  • Options
    Very happy, and always have been.
  • Options
    He's okay, we're yet to see his real talents.

Ping Pong world champion 1986... Just saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even if he can't guide us to promotion, or even the play offs for that matter, I'll be very happy if he can get us some respect. By that I mean the media talking about how we play good entertaining football. Some memorable cup runs would be great too. I really hate the fact that we are among the bookie's favourites for relegation - the first job is to totally destroy that perception.

He did that on saturday IMHO.
  • Options
    Let's see how we go in the League Cup tonight first eh??

Seriously though...I've liked him from the start. He's not just here for the money and is giving it his best shot. There will be ups and downs but he's shown enough so far to suggest he knows what he's doing.

• Options

I like managers who don't settle at 1-0.

Short but sweet....So often we go 1 up and sit back waiting for the enivitable....under Luzon this appears to be changing.
  • Options
    In my mind, you shouldn't even bother walking onto the pitch if you don't think you can win. This is why Curbs lost me towards the end, CP also and then BP. But they also started out being very positive, but then became increasingly negative (some would say realistic) as time went on. So the challenge for Guy will be to retain his positive attitude when the chips are down. I'm liking him very much at the moment.
  • Options

In my mind, you shouldn't even bother walking onto the pitch if you don't think you can win. This is why Curbs lost me towards the end, CP also and then BP. But they also started out being very positive, but then became increasingly negative (some would say realistic) as time went on. So the challenge for Guy will be to retain his positive attitude when the chips are down. I'm liking him very much at the moment.

I think CP was operating in very tough circumstances given the whole takeover/uncertainty and the team he had at his disposal. He did start out positively in that League One title season and the first season in the Champ. He certainly erred on the side of caution toward the end with Cousins on the right etc.

I felt Curbs' teams played the same style throughout. They didn't look any more/less positive toward the end of his reign as they had the start. I remember reading in his autobiography that after we beat Liverpool in his final season at home he didn't feel the buzz like he used to, I reckon it was more about that for him that could've been reflected in the performances
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I think CP was operating in very tough circumstances given the whole takeover/uncertainty and the team he had at his disposal. He did start out positively in that League One title season and the first season in the Champ. He certainly erred on the side of caution toward the end with Cousins on the right etc.

I felt Curbs' teams played the same style throughout. They didn't look any more/less positive toward the end of his reign as they had the start. I remember reading in his autobiography that after we beat Liverpool in his final season at home he didn't feel the buzz like he used to, I reckon it was more about that for him that could've been reflected in the performances
    Agree re CP, a victim of circumstances. With Curbs, towards the end I felt that against the big teams, it was a case of keeping the score down rather than going out to win the game. Didn't he admit that he concentrated on picking up points in the winnable games, rather than the games against the likes of Man U, Chelsea etc. Earlier on in his rein, we regularly used to beat such teams. I know the dynamics in terms of money changed greatly and the gap between us and the likes of Chelsea became far greater, but I still would have liked us to approach such games more positively.

• Options

cabbles said:

Agree re CP, a victim of circumstances. With Curbs, towards the end I felt that against the big teams, it was a case of keeping the score down rather than going out to win the game. Didn't he admit that he concentrated on picking up points in the winnable games, rather than the games against the likes of Man U, Chelsea etc. Earlier on in his rein, we regularly used to beat such teams. I know the dynamics in terms of money changed greatly and the gap between us and the likes of Chelsea became far greater, but I still would have liked us to approach such games more positively.

you could be right actually. I just couldn't see a noticeable difference in his set up. I guess most managers of lower to mid table prem clubs traditionally treated the bigger fixtures more cautiously.
  • Options
    CP drove me mad with his substitutions and not knowing when to make them, Sheff Weds at home in 2013 was a prime example!
  • Options
    Like him a lot. Hope he stays around for a few years.
  • Options
    Why am I with Luzon? I'm ready to have babies with him after Saturday.

If that can't be arranged, Dana will do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Lucky Bastard!!
  • Options
    I like his style sorts issues out and moves on. Also when did we last have a manager who was prepared to give so many youngsters a chance? With RD prepared to support the club after the initial scepticism things are neater all about the place in my opinion.
  • Options
    I really like him.

I posted on here in March when everyone was berating him and RD. I said I liked him from the start as you could tell from what he was saying in his interviews and stuff that his style of football was attacking and something I have wanted to see for ages!

I got slated and I like to think he is proving me right. I'm liking the comments on here too!

Still there are a lot of fans who say it's still not the Charlton we knows from years ago, I think they need to understand things change in time and life!
  • Options
    I remember getting 'pelters' after starting a thread the day after the Middlesbrough away game, worded to the effect for people to get off his back. This was 'bumped' later and to the immense credit of most people they held their hands up.

• Options
    edited August 2015

As long as he brings her to the club, he can stay.
  • Options
    The way we turned things around proved pretty quickly that he had ability, but for me it took me much longer to come around to actually liking Guy Luzon the person instead of backing him simply on the basis that he was here, so get used to him. That said, I am rapidly coming around to him, the 'Sweet Dreams' thing suggests he has got a sense of humour and self-awareness if nothing else and I get the impression he's incredibly passionate and determined - all that hopping and squatting on the touchline is because he wants nothing more than to just run on the pitch and get involved directly if he could.

The caveat seems to be that the examples of Bikey and Wiggins suggest that if he doesn't like a player, that's it, end of talk short of absolutely no other options at all you are not getting back in the team. His players will be his to the end, everyone else can go hang - for better or worse.