Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addick killed in America - RIP @USofAddick

Comments

• Options
    That's a lovely tribute @cafcmark
  • Options
    Wow, tears flowing again. What a sad story RIP Peter and condolences to all family and friends especially those poor kiddies :cry:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I didn't know Peter, but I do have a daughter exactly his age.
    I wouldn't know how to cope if I lost her.

His parents must be going through hell at this sad time.
    Condolences to all his family and those close to him.

RIP USofAddick.

• Options
    Rip Peter
  • Options
    Just "signed" in and expected the good old rumours thread to be top still and then I read this...........I feel absolutely gutted, I don't know why but it has really hit me? I didn't know Peter like a lot of us but blimey..........what a waste, how terrible for his family especially his wife and young children. Once again "life" puts everything into perspective.
    RIP Peter...one of us mate, god bless.
  • Options
    RIP Peter.
  • Options
    Horrible news.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    As others have said, incredibly sad.

Rest In Peace Peter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcmark said:

I went to school with Peter (Chis and Sid), who had a season ticket at The Valley until he moved to the states. Between the ages of 12-16 we probably did circa 20 away games on the Junior Reds coach. Funny how your memories come flooding back. Remember they used to arrange games against the home team 'juniors' a couple of hours before kick off, and typically you would end up facing players of a similar age. Cant for the life of me remember which game it was, but one game we turned up and our 'opposition', were probably no older then 8 at a push. Whilst most of us bought our game down a level or two to take that into consideration (or at least pretended that's what we were doing), not Peter, think he ended up scoring eight that day with that trusty left peg of his! There is even a picture of him from the Mercury and the Voice of the Valley from 1995 doing the rounds.

When he moved to the states we did not really stay in touch apart from the odd happy birthday message. I had not heard from him over the past five years, and did not even realise he posted on here. I know he still followed Charlton religiously, you can tell that by his facebook account, and there were constantly new pictures of his little ones on there in Charlton shirts.

Its easy to say at this time what a great man/person people are at this time, but Peter was one of the most contentious, passionate, good natured guys there is. As we left our teenage years we all discovered drink, and other excesses. I think what stands out with Peter is that he sacrificed all of this and spent countless hours volunteering, and giving something back when he moved out there. The most telling thing from me is the amount of messages from parents of kids he coached saying how he taught them how to behave not just on the pitch, but off it as well.

Having a 2 year old boy myself, the most haunting part of this is that he will have left for work that day, said his normal goodbyes, not knowing that he would never return. My heart goes out to his wife, and of course his children. I know with the fantastic legacy he has left behind, and I am sure that Austin will have a strong support network out there to hopefully help her through this terrible pain.

Of course I now look back and bitterly regret not staying in touch more, the selfishness of not even a passing message to find out how things were. What I do know is that all of the lads that used to go, along with the bigger group of us now, will raise a glass in his honour at the first game of the season.

Unless anyone has any objections, I will post this link to the online book of condolences I have been passed by the funeral organisers which is taking place in the states. I will ask permission, as to whether I can make that link available here, not really sure what the protocol is with this type of thing.

RIP Pete. Austin, Lyla and Jude, forever in my prayers.

Mark

I was a regular on that coach for all away games and as I am the same age I would have sat with and played with you both.

it's incredibly sad.

RIP
  • Options
    So so sad

Wonderful tribute @cafcmark

RIP
  • Options
    In pieces, RIP Peter
  • Options
    Dreadful. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Terrible news. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Terribly sad. RIP Peter.
  • Options
    Sad news R.I.P. Peter.
  • Options
    R. I. P.
  • Options
    Terrible news ,my condolences to his
    Family
    RIP
  • Options
    Desperately sad and unjust.
    Best wishes to all who knew him - a top man, clearly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So sad, RIP
  • Options
    Life is so bloody unfair sometimes. May his family find strength.
  • Options
    Words fail me. So sad, my heart goes out to his family. RIP Peter.
  • Options
    Awful, sad news. RIP peter.
  • Options
    Condolences to his family RIP
  • Options
    RIP Peter.
  • Options
    RIP.
    Very sad to read this.
  • Options
    Very sad story for anyone to die so young in such a tragic way

RIP to the poor fella and his family

• Options
    Is there any way we can all chip in to get him an engraved plaque at The Valley? I did not know the man but I would be more than willing to chip in, I'm sure we all would

R.I.P - Thoughts are with the family and friends