Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pig

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Whats your problem? All I said was the game was awful - which it was. That was only a couple of minutes after he came on, I wasn't slagging him off. Can you not read?

Oh, and I saw what you posted before you edited it you coward.
  • Options
    Very strange
  • Options
    Well done, Piggy. Could be career defining.
  • Options
    Was at a concert in the Arena tonight, still loads of Southend and Wycombe fans celebrating/commiserating around Wembley, must be mad not to bugger off to someone nicer!
  • Options

Got your whine in early then congratulated when he scored. How magnanimous of you.

Weirdo
  • Options
    Best thing about that goal was the two Wycombe defenders knocking each other over
  • Options
    Gwan Piggy! Very pleased, he seems a lovely and professional lad.
  • Options
    Very pleased for Joe Pigott. Not many players get to score at Wembley. I really think that if he signs for Southend it will be a good move for him. I don't think he is quite good enough for the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Imterviewed after the game and said he wants to make a go of it at Charlton.

I like that attitude. Still think he needs to drop a division from us.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Piggot seems to be one of these players who shows flashes of being a second tier player but not often enough. Yesterdays finish was impressive at any level. Maybe it will be the goal that sees him go strength to strength. Southend seems a good fit for him and is now probably the goal scorer of their most famous and dramatic goal.
  • Options
    He has always been able to finish. I have watched him since U16 s and he is a calm finisher. The problem he has is that he is poor in the air and has no pace. I really would like him to succeed with us, but I can't see it.
  • Options
    Win, win for Joe now after that goal.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He has always been able to finish. I have watched him since U16 s and he is a calm finisher. The problem he has is that he is poor in the air and has no pace. I really would like him to succeed with us, but I can't see it.

Thought you were talking about Tony "Magic feet" Watt for a second !

Agree with you, about Joe's weaknesses which were apparent in the limited game time in the 1st team at CAFC. The plus side is the abillity around the edge of the box with some of the goals he scored for Newport and Southend.(including yesterday when he had 4 defenders around him)

Being on Joe watch for an hour yesterday, he wanted the ball to his feet in the number 10 position but the pass didn't always come. when it did he seem to have the confidence to have a shot.
    On corners Joe was the one who was on the line, not attacking the ball.
    He also stayed up front and didn't defend the corners which shows what Brown thinks of Joe's heading skills.

My head says he will have a decent career at League 1 level,
    My Heart says at 21 the he could still have a future at CAFC(If he can get the chance to build on the boost of scoring twice at Wembley)

• Options

1StevieG said:

Agreed - let's loan him back to Southend for another season, I'm sure they'd be delighted to have him.
  • Options

Was at a concert in the Arena tonight, still loads of Southend and Wycombe fans celebrating/commiserating around Wembley, must be mad not to bugger off to someone nicer!

Dr Who by any chance. It was wierd walking towards the Stadium from the station only to turn right at the steps. Was checking who'd won when I heard loads of happy voices asking how they got back to Essex. Well done The Pig.

• Options
    He needs game time. If he is only on the bench for Southend we should get him a gig elsewhere. Not ready for us yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The next couple of months is going to be very important for his career. He is on the last year of his contract. He is going to need to impress Luzon during the preseason and push for a place in the squad. Otherwise, we will loan him out to whatever team gives us the best chance to sell him in January and if that doesn't happen it is highly likely we won't re-sign him. In modern football, by the time you are 22 years old, if you are not in the squad, clubs no longer want to invest the time or resources to develop you.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

Agreed - let's loan him back to Southend for another season, I'm sure they'd be delighted to have him.
    I suspect he's probably good for a loan to a Division 3 side, so that could be Southend. But if he's in the last year of a contract, wouldn't we want him back after a couple of months to fully assess how he's developed before discussing his long term future.
  • Options
    really pleased for Joe .. this could be the making of his career
  • Options
    The chances of us getting two proven number tens this summer are pretty much nill! Roly will splash out for one but not likely two... so our back up is either gonna be a network gamble ala George or a youth player.. We could do worse than the pig...
  • Options
    As I've already said about his goal yesterday... the Pig has excellent footwork, has an eye for the pass and can really control the ball by getting into some good positions, his fault is that for a tall lad he cant head the ball so use that to his advantage... Put him in the side with orders that when the ball gets played to Pigott its on the ground, if someone hoofs it up to him then its an instant fine for that player ;)
  • Options

really pleased for Joe .. this could be the making of his career

Me too.

• Options
    edited May 2015

I hate Southend, but glad for JP. Pissed myself seeing that clip of their fans rushing to get back in after leaving early. Serves em right. Your team make it to the play-off final and extra-time, the least you can do is stay til the end to show a bit of appreciation for their efforts................. Essex C**ts :smiley:

You'll probably find the ones rushing back were part of the 'glory boy' brigade.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Dr Who by any chance. It was wierd walking towards the Stadium from the station only to turn right at the steps. Was checking who'd won when I heard loads of happy voices asking how they got back to Essex. Well done The Pig.

Yes, if the playoff had been slightly earlier or the concert slightly later, I would have done both!
  • Options
    Thinking back, I wonder if any Charlton fans left when we were 2.3 down with a few minutes left and then came rushing back after they had heard that Rufus had equalised.