Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CAFC Twitter feed engaging with fans....again!

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Probably in a minority but I find our communications bantz frankly cringeworthy

Hi Dean, still smarting are we? ;-)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

I think the guy was well out of order asking for staff to be sacked and got off lightly. Not his first dig at club staff either.
    Oh, he's clearly a moron with an axe to grind, but I found the retort a bit lacking, that's all ;)
    Not saying the response was Oscar Wilde but it wasn't nasty either, just a troll being put down.
  • Options
    ...with a twenty year-old pop-culture reference :P
  • Options
    The best response to attention-seeking prats like Dean is to ignore them in the knowledge that they're probably very unhappy. Or tell them to get to ****. anything in between is compromise ;)
  • Options
    Just got back from a couple of days out of the country, read this thread, and realise I don't understand a word of it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

...with a twenty year-old pop-culture reference :P

More a play on Rat Pack* boy's tweet that then tied in with a picture many people would know and recognise as a laugh.

* apologies for the 50 year old pop culture reference!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

"Won the internet" is one of the wankiest statements created so far this century.

Like a lot of things, it was probably funny the first time someone said it.

It's not now.
  • Options
    Is it from Rolys pseudonym account ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

"Won the internet" is one of the wankiest statements created so far this century.

Like a lot of things, it was probably funny the first time someone said it.

It's not now.
    Move on / Thanks Colin
  • Options
    I've heard the Twitter feed is being run by someone on Loan from Standard Liege Twitter team.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

I think the guy was well out of order asking for staff to be sacked and got off lightly. Not his first dig at club staff either.
    Oh, he's clearly a moron with an axe to grind, but I found the retort a bit lacking, that's all ;)
    Did you not get it?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Curb_It said:

WSS said:

Curb_It said:

Are you @buckshee in disguise?
    Tosser's saying. That and "broke the Internet" or "won Christmas". Cretins
    Another one is 'gonna bang' when someone writes a funny tweet.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Just got back from a couple of days out of the country, read this thread, and realise I don't understand a word of it.

Have got to agree with Seth Plum - I have absolutely no idea what any of you are going on about
  • Options
    hashtag oldblokes

#oldblokes
  • Options
    What was the 19-0 tweet?
  • Options
    Addicted said:

What was the 19-0 tweet?

When Bournemouth won promotion before the Charlton game... Because they were only three points clear of us, no one thought about the 19-0 scoreline that Charlton could have beaten them by to stop them getting an automatic spot (Didnt really work out too well come matchday though)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    To play Devils Advocate he does kind of have a point. If we have so many employees that one of them has nothing better to do than make a video of our goalkeeper's saves then maybe that money could be used to better effect strengthening the first team squad.

I also agree that any official company statement that sets out to belittle the customer base is the wrong side of professional for me. The 19-0 was a great bit of PR, and was clearly tongue in cheek, this last one wasn't. Also I don't think the two tweets shouldn't be compared as one was from the outgoing communications employee and one from his 'replacement'.

I'm, obviously, not the only one to think like I do as the tweets seem to have been removed now. I don't know Olly, personally, but if he'd worked for any of the companies I have, I suspect that he might have been removed as well.
  • Options
    Tweets are still there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Tweets are still there.

My mistake, I wasn't looking at replies and retweets.
  • Options

To play Devils Advocate he does kind of have a point. If we have so many employees that one of them has nothing better to do than make a video of our goalkeeper's saves then maybe that money could be used to better effect strengthening the first team squad.

I also agree that any official company statement that sets out to belittle the customer base is the wrong side of professional for me. The 19-0 was a great bit of PR, and was clearly tongue in cheek, this last one wasn't. It wouldn't have been so bad if Olly hadn't gone on to brag about how happy he was to have insulted the fan and confirmed that he'd wanted to do so for ages. Also I don't think the two tweets shouldn't be compared as one was from the outgoing communications employee and one from his 'replacement'.

I'm, obviously, not the only one to think like I do as the tweets seem to have been removed now. I don't know Olly, personally, but if he'd worked for any of the companies I have, I suspect that he might have been removed as well.

You seem to be making reference to a comment I made on my PERSONAL Facebook page. Love to know how you might have read it and why you thought it appropriate to publicly state it on here. I can only assume from your comments that you know Mr Martin personally?
  • Options

I also agree that any official company statement that sets out to belittle the customer base is the wrong side of professional for me. The 19-0 was a great bit of PR, and was clearly tongue in cheek, this last one wasn't. It wouldn't have been so bad if Olly hadn't gone on to brag about how happy he was to have insulted the fan and confirmed that he'd wanted to do so for ages. Also I don't think the two tweets shouldn't be compared as one was from the outgoing communications employee and one from his 'replacement'.

Lighten up. Someone suggested he, or some of his colleagues, should be fired and he responded in a light hearted way. No foul language (in the face of someone who is a complete moron).

It typifies our Twitter feed - it doesn't take itself too seriously and is, generally, spot on.

Fair play Olly. You may have got a bollocking for it but you get a thumbs up from me and several others.

• Options

You seem to be making reference to a comment I made on my PERSONAL Facebook page. Love to know how you might have read it and why you thought it appropriate to publicly state it on here. I can only assume from your comments that you know Mr Martin personally?
    I'm not friends with you on FB Olly but I saw it.

You had your privacy setting on new posts set to 'Public' so it was bound to happen should a friend of a friend like it or something.
  • Options
    Oops. Always good to keep an eye on your privacy settings on social media.
  • Options

Ha, I'd last less than a week in that job !

I run a corporate account. I had to ban myself from posting responses to the public. It's too easy to get into trouble, even if you are responding in exactly the same manner that you were attacked.