Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CAFC Twitter feed engaging with fans....again!

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    WSS said:

To play Devils Advocate he does kind of have a point. If we have so many employees that one of them has nothing better to do than make a video of our goalkeeper's saves then maybe that money could be used to better effect strengthening the first team squad.

I also agree that any official company statement that sets out to belittle the customer base is the wrong side of professional for me. The 19-0 was a great bit of PR, and was clearly tongue in cheek, this last one wasn't. It wouldn't have been so bad if Olly hadn't gone on to brag about how happy he was to have insulted the fan and confirmed that he'd wanted to do so for ages. Also I don't think the two tweets shouldn't be compared as one was from the outgoing communications employee and one from his 'replacement'.

I'm, obviously, not the only one to think like I do as the tweets seem to have been removed now. I don't know Olly, personally, but if he'd worked for any of the companies I have, I suspect that he might have been removed as well.

You seem to be making reference to a comment I made on my PERSONAL Facebook page. Love to know how you might have read it and why you thought it appropriate to publicly state it on here. I can only assume from your comments that you know Mr Martin personally?
    I'm not friends with you on FB Olly but I saw it.

You had your privacy setting on new posts set to 'Public' so it was bound to happen should a friend of a friend like it or something.
    Fair enough WSS. Thought my account was on a privacy lockdown so will sort that out. Regardless, I'm happy for people to know, if they haven't figured it out themselves already, that certain twitter users have a tendency to be utter pests!
  • Options

To play Devils Advocate he does kind of have a point. If we have so many employees that one of them has nothing better to do than make a video of our goalkeeper's saves then maybe that money could be used to better effect strengthening the first team squad.

I also agree that any official company statement that sets out to belittle the customer base is the wrong side of professional for me. The 19-0 was a great bit of PR, and was clearly tongue in cheek, this last one wasn't. Also I don't think the two tweets shouldn't be compared as one was from the outgoing communications employee and one from his 'replacement'.

I'm, obviously, not the only one to think like I do as the tweets seem to have been removed now. I don't know Olly, personally, but if he'd worked for any of the companies I have, I suspect that he might have been removed as well.

You seem to be making reference to a comment I made on my PERSONAL Facebook page. Love to know how you might have read it and why you thought it appropriate to publicly state it on here. I can only assume from your comments that you know Mr Martin personally?
    I apologise, I didn't realise it was a personal comment, and I have no idea how, or where, I saw it, but as you work in social media I would have thought you wouldn't have put it anywhere, unless you were happy for everyone to see it. There is little or no privacy on the internet. Had you asked I would have deleted it, and have done so from this and my initial post, but as you've quoted it, and others have I can't delete those.

As for Mr Martin. I have no idea who he is. I do follow him on twitter as I do many Charlton fans that I've never met and never expect to.
  • Options

WSS said:

I also agree that any official company statement that sets out to belittle the customer base is the wrong side of professional for me. The 19-0 was a great bit of PR, and was clearly tongue in cheek, this last one wasn't. It wouldn't have been so bad if Olly hadn't gone on to brag about how happy he was to have insulted the fan and confirmed that he'd wanted to do so for ages. Also I don't think the two tweets shouldn't be compared as one was from the outgoing communications employee and one from his 'replacement'.

I'm not friends with you on FB Olly but I saw it.

You had your privacy setting on new posts set to 'Public' so it was bound to happen should a friend of a friend like it or something.
    Fair enough WSS. Thought my account was on a privacy lockdown so will sort that out. Regardless, I'm happy for people to know, if they haven't figured it out themselves already, that certain twitter users have a tendency to be utter pests!
    The irony.
  • Options
    Anyone ever thought dean was having a piss about ?

Some people take social media far to serious. It was a joking comment and a light hearted response from the lads at charlton and people are going ballistic over it.
  • Options
    I cannot believe that this one comment has got 3 pages of comments, and so much moaning. It was a response that most found slightly amusing, nothing rude, and nothing out of order.

I fell it's going to be a looooooooooooooooong summer.
  • Options
    Think we should thank our lucky stars that Olly (still) isere !
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Well I think Olly is doing a great job and the media output from the club has improved a lot in the last year or two so keep up the good work.

This keep going olly there will always be a few idiots who are never pleased but the majority of fans love it! Or at least find it mildly amusing!