Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight at the O2

Comments

• Options
    Oh look it's James "I've supported Arsenal since I was born" Degale.

• Options
    Anyone that believed Kingpin was realistic opposition wants their bumps feeling.
  • Options
    Only a matter of time for brook now. Easily the better fighter.
  • Options
    Stroll in the park or Brook. Game over.

Best fight of the night was Mitchell / Linares - Brutal.

Was it all worth £16 - not really.
  • Options
    Sky's PPV cards are what streaming was invented for. 8 planned next year.
  • Options

Farce PPV decision just by chucking a few extra fights into the mix. Joshua 1/100, Brook 1/12, Cleverly 1/200, so you are only really looking at the Selby and Mitchell bouts for a potentially closer bout.

Still, mate is paying it so who am I to argue :-)

Turned out about right, really hope the PPV takings were poor so we don't see this nonsense again
  • Options
    I enjoyed it... Mitchell fight was best I've seen for a while. Genuinely don't know wher Joshua camp go next. Price and Del Boy get seen off within 5. Know it has got to be steady progress but I can't see anyone below Wilder Going the distance with him, not ready for that yet but the bloke is a monster. Tony Thompson would be an interesting fight
  • Options
    I genuinely believe Joshua has the potential to be the Usain Bolt of boxing. He brings a physique, speed and fluidity to the heavyweight division from at least two divisions below that. And he is so so marketable.

Still unknown factors are his chin, heart and stamina but everything else is about his is scarily brilliant. As long as he can not pick up a serious hand injury along the way, the world is his lobster
  • Options
    1/100 for Joshua was very generous in retrospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    I went tonight what a cracking night of boxing I am gutted for Mitchell a clash of heads caused the start of the bad eye the only criticism of him was he should have kept it at distance but I'd definitely pay to see it again.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Really feel for Mitchell. One of my favourite fighters. Big heart, all action, good skills.

The trouble with all the predictions for Joshua is getting someone to stand up long enough to take him into later rounds and see if he can take a shot. He looks awesome and it's not his fault that opponents to test him are going to be hard to come by, but he'll have to answer more questions as he moves up in class. Hugely impressive against Johnson, both in power and punch selection, but Johnson looked like he was there to pick up a pay check, even if he did get up twice.
  • Options
    I think it will be david price on September 12th at the o2
  • Options

I genuinely believe Joshua has the potential to be the Usain Bolt of boxing. He brings a physique, speed and fluidity to the heavyweight division from at least two divisions below that. And he is so so marketable.

Still unknown factors are his chin, heart and stamina but everything else is about his is scarily brilliant. As long as he can not pick up a serious hand injury along the way, the world is his lobster

Heart .... he's in the ring to start with .... blimey
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Joshua will fight Dillian Whyte in September.

I was ringside and there was a great atmosphere. My take on the night

Mitchell's was the fight of the year so far - what a warrior. I felt so sorry for him as he was quite comfortable until the eye - it definitely wasn't a clash of heads but a very good punch from Linares. He then took a direct shot to it after it had come up and that's what forced him to take a knee. I hope he comes back from this.

Cleverly - a joke - what the hell is s former world champion doing in an eight-rounder against a nobody?

Joshua immense - only a matter of time and there's no rush.

Selby was class but not sure about the stoppage. The cut was at the side and not interfering with his eye and a champion deserves the right to defend his title. That said, I'm not a doctor.

Brook was very disappointing and should have taken Gavin out even earlier than he did. The arena was pretty flat during the fight and I've got to be honest and say I was glad when it finished.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

dancafc said:

Great - another overweight nobody to knock out inside two rounds.
  • Options
    The initial cut on the eye was a clash of heads because it cut Linares head at the same time.just before brook stopped gavin a fight broke out on the stairs in the top tier that could have been deadly
  • Options

bobmunro said:

dancafc said:

Unbeaten and back from a two year ban (very unfortunate as well). Whyte beat Joshua as an amateur and there is bad blood.

Fight here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDSH8cXtFRQ

I'd take Joshua to beat him now but it would be his toughest fight to-date.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    dancafc said:

The initial cut on the eye was a clash of heads because it cut Linares head at the same time.just before brook stopped gavin a fight broke out on the stairs in the top tier that could have been deadly

The cut maybe - but I'm pretty sure the duck-egg on his left eye was a punch - and then he was hit again on the same spot forcing him to take a knee.

The fight on the stairs was hand-bags as far as I could make put - but probably more exciting than Brook/Gavin!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

dancafc said:

Unbeaten and back from a two year ban (very unfortunate as well). Whyte beat Joshua as an amateur and there is bad blood.

Fight here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDSH8cXtFRQ

I'd take Joshua to beat him now but it would be his toughest fight to-date.
    To be fair a fight against Dame Edna Everage would be his toughest fight to date. seriously though , I've seen pictures of Whyte recently and he seems to have spent his two years off working in a doughnut shop.
  • Options
    Bit more than handbags plenty of windmills going in
  • Options
    Hmm..thought Joshua edged it by winning rounds 1 and 3 but shows he can do well under pressure.
  • Options
    Just watched the cleverly fight wtf was the point of that
  • Options

Just watched the cleverly fight wtf was the point of that

Some body shot I was just above where the boxers start their ringwalk and heard it land like I was standing next to them
  • Options
    Great body shot but why did cleverly get put in there with him and for a 6 Rd fight

Just seen Mitchells head wow that's a pure fighter
  • Options
    I love Mitchell iv watched him from day 1 he deserves a world title
  • Options
    Kevin Mitchell is turning into one of those 'The People's Champ' type fighters. Always exciting and a good bloke who you can relate to.
  • Options
    Mitchell's eye reminded me of Lebedev from the Jones fight a while back.
    Linares is real real quality. Really hope he gets another shot at the world title. He would have beaten any of the other champions IMO.
  • Options
    I thought that was a hard match for Kevin, I love watching him fight and always have done.

My bets didn't turn out so well, John Wayne Hibbert and John Ryder both lost and Mitchell.

The show should not have been pay per view