Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight at the O2

13»

Comments

• Options

Mitchell's eye reminded me of Lebedev from the Jones fight a while back.
    Linares is real real quality. Really hope he gets another shot at the world title. He would have beaten any of the other champions IMO.

I'm not sure whether the scorecards for the first nine rounds have been released, but I had Mitchell 2 or 3 points up at that stage (including the 2pt 2nd round). What happened to his eye meant the fight had to be stopped, especially when he took a second direct hit to it shortly afterwards - his head was fine so if that duck-egg hadn't have come up (big if I know) then I believe he would/could have won the fight. Linares is very good (and huge!!) but Mitchell is very good also - he's not just a tough guy warrior.
  • Options
    Big fan of Mitchell his heart and gutts go with his undoubted talent, yes he was ahead on many of the cards, I only had him up by 1 Rd, there was no way he would have got through nine more Mins even without the damage, he seemed gassed to me and in real danger of getting hurt
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Mitchell's eye reminded me of Lebedev from the Jones fight a while back.
    Linares is real real quality. Really hope he gets another shot at the world title. He would have beaten any of the other champions IMO.

I'm not sure whether the scorecards for the first nine rounds have been released, but I had Mitchell 2 or 3 points up at that stage (including the 2pt 2nd round). What happened to his eye meant the fight had to be stopped, especially when he took a second direct hit to it shortly afterwards - his head was fine so if that duck-egg hadn't have come up (big if I know) then I believe he would/could have won the fight. Linares is very good (and huge!!) but Mitchell is very good also - he's not just a tough guy warrior.
    1 judge had it a draw, 1 had it to Kevin by 2 and the other had Kevin up by 6 (too wide imo).
  • Options

Kevin Mitchell is turning into one of those 'The People's Champ' type fighters. Always exciting and a good bloke who you can relate to.

Just a shame he keeps doing all that X Factor Irons stuff
  • Options

??????