Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2015

Comments

• Options
    I really can't understand why David Willey hasn't played in the 3 previous ODIs. He offers something different to any other England bowler in the squad and, as he did in the T20 game, is causing the Aussies all sorts of problems
  • Options
    30-3

Willey all three
  • Options
    I love Willey phnaar phnaar.

He very much reminds me of Ian Botham. He'll give away some runs, but the way he moves the ball is excellent.

Willey 5 overs 3-14.
  • Options

I really can't understand why David Willey hasn't played in the 3 previous ODIs. He offers something different to any other England bowler in the squad and, as he did in the T20 game, is causing the Aussies all sorts of problems

No idea either!
  • Options
    Rashid's getting shown up here. Maxwell just put away a wide full toss for 6. Australia are pulling away now.
  • Options
    After a great start we are now paying heavily for dropping Maxwell TWICE early on.
  • Options
    Catches win matches and Maxwell has been dropped by Roy & Rashid.

133-3 Maxwell 69 Bailey 34.

Maxwell going like a train.
  • Options
    Maxwell clean bowled by Ali. 167-4. Great knock by Maxwell.
  • Options
    Marsh c Willey b Plunkett 17

210-5 40.1 overs
  • Options
    Bailey c and b Plunkett 75

210-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stoinis c Rashhid b Moeen Ali 4

215-7
  • Options
    We have pullee ourselves backed into it in the last few overs. Keep them to under 275 and we have a chance
  • Options
    300 looks like a par score to me, so I agree. (famous last words).
  • Options

30-3

Willey all three

The batsman's Holding, the bowlers Willey
  • Options
    edited September 2015

300 looks like a par score to me, so I agree. (famous last words).

299-7 50 overs

England need 300 to win. It's gone just like the first 3 matches. Let's hope this time that the chasing team do no fall well short.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Oh dear. We let the Australians get away there. The difference between 300 and 270 is huge, let alone 250.
  • Options
    Oh dear.

Hales lbw Cummins 0

1-1
  • Options
    so much for hales being the answer for the opening position in tests..
  • Options

Hales and Butler the two tyros, the great white hopes have both failed miserably this season .. the good news ? .. Taylor and Roy alongside Stokes, Willey, Plunkett and Bairstow (to a lesser extent) have all come very good and should be in the side, either 1 day or test for quite a while
  • Options

Oh dear.

Hales lbw Cummins 0

1-1

That could be the Killer blow for the Test chances of Hales...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hales and Butler the two tyros, the great white hopes have both failed miserably this season .. the good news ? .. Taylor and Roy alongside Stokes, Willey, Plunkett and Bairstow (to a lesser extent) have all come very good and should be in the side, either 1 day or test for quite a while
    Not really sure why James Vince has never been given a go. Imagine with Hales struggling he'll be included next time around.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    53-1 8 overs.
  • Options

Not really sure why James Vince has never been given a go. Imagine with Hales struggling he'll be included next time around.
    Don't know a lot about Vince .. a batsman I like(d) and has never had a real chance is Hildreth of Somerset .. he's older now (31) and has a slightly better FC average than Vince .. if Klinger is now being talked of as a potential Aussie batsman and as Voges has been in the side, there must be still hope for Hildreth .. both Klinger and Voges are 35
  • Options
    Roy c Finch b Cummins 36

73-2 10.1 overs
  • Options
    Taylor c Wade b Marsh 41

89-3
  • Options
    What a catch from maxwell - outstanding cricket
  • Options
    That's just silly.
  • Options
    What a good win! 2-2 with one to play. :-)
  • Options
    Last ODI

Roy given out 3rd ball off Starc LBW. Reviews as there is an inside edge. Not out.

Roy given out again two ball later LBW. Clearly missing stumps but not reviewed so out. Can't think why Hales didn't tell him to refer it unless he wanted to save that review for himself!

4-1
  • Options
    Hales gone yet again to a loose shot. Rarely have I seen a batsman playing at this level and so out of touch with his game.

13-2