Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2015

Comments

• Options
    Taylor gone fishing

22-3
  • Options
    Morgan retired hurt
  • Options
    Morgan turns his head on a bouncer by Starc and is hit flush on the head. Lots of concern for obvious reasons from the Aussies. Morgan looks dazed and rightly retires hurt.
  • Options

Last ODI

Roy given out 3rd ball off Starc LBW. Reviews as there is an inside edge. Not out.

Roy given out again two ball later LBW. Clearly missing stumps but not reviewed so out. Can't think why Hales didn't tell him to refer it unless he wanted to save that review for himself!

4-1

Knight has just highlighted the fact that, at the time of Roy's dismissal, Hales was standing on the next strip at the non strikers end so could not have given any sort of insight as to whether Roy should review or not.

• Options
    Bairstow, having been given not out, is LBW following review.

56-4

Stokes 23*

Morgan doesn't come back in as Ali is now at the crease. If he doesn't return we are, effectively, five down.
  • Options
    Would be very surprised if Morgan returns to bat, but may well be on the field.

Stokes and Ali are our last hope.
  • Options
    Ali flashes at one from Marsh and is caught behind

72-5
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Would be very surprised if Morgan returns to bat, but may well be on the field.

Stokes and Ali are our last hope.

Willey in now.

Don't think there is much point Morgan being on the field if he can't bat. It's not as if we are going to be defending any sort of score ;-(
  • Options
    Willey given out second ball, reviews but it isn't overturned.

72-6
  • Options
    Rashid in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes out
  • Options
    Stokes now given out LBW for an excellent 42 in the context of the innings with no reviews available.

85-7

Marsh 4-20
  • Options
    I know no pitch is ever an 85-7 wicket but is it offering a lot to the bowlers?
  • Options
    Wood is in so it is probably safe to assume that Morgan now won't come back in.
  • Options
    Wood, somehow, manages to find deep cover attempting to hit over the top.

106-8 but probably 106-9
  • Options
    Topley, making his debut, is now in. His career first class average of 2.8 will surely terrify the Aussies!

I didn't think anyone had that sort of average nowadays.
  • Options
    Morgan has been treated for discussion and will take no further part in the game. Wish him well.

All down to Rashid - and Topley now!
  • Options
    I tell you what - Topley is absolutely clueless with the bat and Smith must be cursing his bowlers' inability to get him out.

114-9 off27

Rashid 20* (24)
    Topley 0* (12)
  • Options
    Topley goes for a quick single, should have been run out by 3 yards but instead gets four overthrows to give him a five.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Topley out LBW going back to one from Agar

138 all out

Rashid 35* (45) and Stokes with his 42 (51) the only batsmen to come out of this with any credit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burns proving himself to be their equivalent of Hales - out for a duck to Willey.

2-1
  • Options
    For anyone not watching on Sky Sports right now, I can confirm that the commentator's holding the bowler's willey.
  • Options
    Smith goes caught behind off Wood

32-2
  • Options
    36-2 off 10 at lunch
  • Options
    89-2 off 17 making it 50 required from 33 overs

Think they might do it.
  • Options

89-2 off 17 making it 50 required from 33 overs

Think they might do it.

Pessimist!!
  • Options
    As I predicted in my last post Australia did win - by 8 wickets with half their overs left.

Time to move on now for the tours coming up.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/34345482

As a footnote, I see Cummins is injured again, a stress fracture of the back. Australia have a lot of talented young bowlers, but really struggle to keep them fit.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/34345482

As a footnote, I see Cummins is injured again, a stress fracture of the back. Australia have a lot of talented young bowlers, but really struggle to keep them fit.

Too much too early? Cummins made his first class debut as a 17 year old in the Big Bash and was the youngest ever player to earn a central contract with Cricket Australia.

Interesting that England have decided to go that way with their young talent i.e. if you are good enough at 16 you will be picked for the England U19s. However, that isn't always right with fast bowlers purely because their bodies haven't developed to the extent that it can take them bowling at 85 mph plus.