Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Suddenly single

13»

Comments

• Options
    I know a lot is in jest but I couldn't think of anything worse than rushing out on a date with a stranger.

Meeting another partner is not the most important thing. I was single for good part of my life but I never felt I Was different because of that. I always thought that if I found a partner in this journey thru life it would be an added bonus.

Good luck with the flat hunt donny.. Find a decent local and join a gym. Two things that can fill up time.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I always thought that if I found a partner in this journey thru life it would be an added bonus.

Then along came Micky and bingo ;)
  • Options
    Aside from my health and that of those around me, my biggest fear is me and my wife separating. I wouldn't know what to do 3rd time around, and not living with 2 of my children is awful but not living with the 3rd as well would kill me - if the pub didn't first.

Aside from that she is fab and far too good for me anyway so I need to keep on my toes.
  • Options
    @Curb_It I agree. The thought of dating right now seems wrong and a bit ( a lot) terrifying.
    Spent good day with my daughter today and flat to view tomorrow. Not sure who suggested legal advice but I think you are right as noises about access are becoming increasingly disjointed.
  • Options
    Take care if you start getting lawyers involved. Great care. Can be the start of entrenched positions and cause more trouble than it cures and Donny if you go that route you'd better have cash to splash on it too.

Working out stuff together with your ex on a reasonable basis is the way to go although it does take two to be reasonable so fingers crossed yours is!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Aside from my health and that of those around me, my biggest fear is me and my wife separating. I wouldn't know what to do 3rd time around, and not living with 2 of my children is awful but not living with the 3rd as well would kill me - if the pub didn't first.

Same here, would kill me to split up and be away from wife & kid. We've got friends going through it at the moment. Two kids under 5 and it's not nice to see the hurt it's causing.

Luckily, I'm perfect so not that likely.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Curb_It said:

I always thought that if I found a partner in this journey thru life it would be an added bonus.

Then along came Micky and bingo ;)
    Is Bingo the dog or hubby ?

• Options

Some fantastic and enlightening advice here, fascinating read

Agreed. Actually giving me a few ideas myself!! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a pretty sudden and horrible split with my ex wife, managed to maintain lines of communication for the sake of our son, we never used lawyers, paramount for both of us was our sons well being.
    At the time the break up was horrendous, but in the end it was probably the best thing that could have happened.
    Give the online dating a swerve for a bit until you feel you are ready, not when others say you are.
    Be very careful what you put on social media, I have seen so many people leave post their every thought and wish on Facebook and Twitter, not a clever thing to do at all.
    All the best.
  • Options

@donnyaddick I've never experienced it personally but make sure you stick around people who genuinely make you happy - I can recommend you read Yes Man by Danny Wallace - its a good book to get rid of the negatvies and rekindle your get up & go! If you fancy it message be your address and I'll send you my copy

Chin up mate

That book is fantastic - had a huge influence on me after my divorce, got me back on the road again. Don't let the awful film put you off, it's an amazing and inspiring read.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

@Curb_It I agree. The thought of dating right now seems wrong and a bit ( a lot) terrifying.
    Spent good day with my daughter today and flat to view tomorrow. Not sure who suggested legal advice but I think you are right as noises about access are becoming increasingly disjointed.

Very important to get advice.

What I'd say to you though is that it's so much better if you can agree something regular in terms of contact between the two of you. The CAFCASS site is very helpful for this stuff. Write out a parenting plan together.

If you're still local to her, looking for every other weekend, plus perhaps an evening in the week is easy for everyone to understand and fit in with. Be happy to see her regularly, even if it's not as much as you'd like. Remember, it's important for your daughter to see you as well as her mum, but it's even more important for her to know you two aren't in constant conflict and can work things out when you need to.

All the best.