Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Heat is On!

Comments

• Options
    Off tp the oval via the pub at 5. Cant wait. Good drinking weather
  • Options

Off tp the oval via the pub at 5. Cant wait. Good drinking weather

I'd argue that it's too hot for drinking during the day.
  • Options
  • Options
    Cloudy, muggy and a mere 72 in Tropical Dorset this morning
  • Options
    Currently 31.5C (88F), 41% humidity in NW Kent.
  • Options

The cycle commute was pleasant this AM.

Those wet and windy mornings blasting over LB were a distant memory this morning.
  • Options

The cycle commute was pleasant this AM.

Will it be the same on the way home?
    I was being Sarky! I left home at 8am to ride my usual 6.5 miles and was literally melting by the time I arrived. Considering getting the bus/train home.
  • Options
    Feck that mate all those smelly bstds on the bus and train have had all day chucking up
  • Options
    I have to keep moving about the house, can't settle and can't work. UK not set up with AC which is needed for days like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

I have to keep moving about the house, can't settle and can't work. UK not set up with AC which is needed for days like this.

When you say moving about the house, what you really mean is 'wrist up, wrist down', slowing building up a bit of speed, until your laptop goes in to screensaver mode.
  • Options
    erm no, the wife is working from home, daughter is sick, and the dog is suffering the heat
  • Options
    Yesterday was the last day of the sales quarter which absolutely caned me. My boss, based in America, has given us the rest of the week off!

Live a stones throw from Greenwich Park so am sat over there at the moment and got outdoor 5 a side this evening.

Shame I can't stand the heat really!
  • Options
    did a 17 mile bike ride this morning garmin aid 95 degrees never sweated so much
  • Options
    I did a 5k at lunch yesterday it was 29c and I came back sunburned and struggled to get in under 25 mins... too hot for running...
  • Options
    Mad dogs and Englishmen
  • Options
    3 hour tennis match at Hayes tonight for me. Mad dogs indeed.
  • Options

Cloudy, muggy and a mere 72 in Tropical Dorset this morning

It's not muggy, it's Thuggy.
    Tomorrow is Fuggy.
  • Options
    Only in the UK could the hottest day in 10 years still have full cloud cover
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I did a 5k at lunch yesterday it was 29c and I came back sunburned and struggled to get in under 25 mins... too hot for running...

Top effort that. Have managed 4 miles a day Sun, Mon and Tues this week. Run club tonight, minimum 10k but could be anywhere up to 9-10 miles. Hopefully we'll go off road and into the woods for some tree cover.

As it happens, Monday's run averaged out at 29.4c at 6:15pm. Tuesday's was considerably cooler but still as hot as hell at 7:30pm.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Undercarriage is sliding around like bambi on ice
  • Options
    Today is the hottest July day, in the UK, on record.

It was so hot, that customers, were entering the greenhouses at Kew Gardens, in order to cool down. I kid you not.
  • Options

Today is the hottest July day, in the UK, on record.

Never saw that coming. Wow.

• Options
    Us British love our weather
  • Options
    brogib said:

I can't wait to start moaning how cold it is; bring on the Winter

Bloody hell - 41C is hitting what they get in places like Baghdad

According to google, hottest ever recorded temperature is 57.7C in Libya in 1922
  • Options
    cabbles said:

brogib said:

Bloody hell - 41C is hitting what they get in places like Baghdad

According to google, hottest ever recorded temperature is 57.7C in Libya in 1922
    I walked out the air conditioned supermarket down Brive yesterday at about 7pm and the heat was emence mate.

Bring on the cold long -9 winter, that's where us Vikings are at home
  • Options
    Good luck getting kids to sleep,tonight :-(
  • Options
    brogib said:

I am going to Brive La Gaillarde in a weeks time.... How strange. Out of interest PM me as to where you are... I'm going to Souillac.