Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your favourite/least favourite household chore?

Favourite has to be washing up - a chance to switch off and stare out of the window

Least favourite - hoovering - too noisy

Comments

• Options
    Least favourite ; hovering and washing machine stuff. My wife always does this when Im watching TV.
  • Options
    Hate hanging out washing and ironing. Don't mind cooking or stacking the dishwasher (not a euphemism)
  • Options
    Happy enough to do the dishwasher.

Can't stand cleaning the filters of the pool, so grim.
  • Options
    Cleaning the loo.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Cleaning the loo.

Favourite or least favourite?!
  • Options
    Don't really do any in the house (missus does it all) but outside chores:

Favourite - Mowing the lawn
    Least Favourite - clearing up all the dog shit before mowing the lawn
  • Options
    Not keen on drilling holes in the wall or assembling anything.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Cleaning the loo.

Favourite or least favourite?!
    Definitely least favourite, I've yet to think of any household jobs that are a favourite, I like washing cars, but it's not really a household job as such.

Ok I've found a favourite, cleaning glass, not very exciting.

• Options
    Hate having to hang wet washing on the airer. Favourite is unloading the dishwasher...no idea why.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hate having to hang wet washing on the airer. Favourite is unloading the dishwasher...no idea why.

Never use the dishwasher. I enjoy doing it traditionally too much. Also, no idea why.
  • Options
    I do most of it with a smile on my face but there's one thing I refuse to do and that's unclog the bath plughole of hair, that just turns my stomach. Besides, I'm a baldy and it's not mine. I swear I've seen my good lady pull out what can only be described as like a furball coughed up by a lion.
  • Options
    Cleaning the bathroom. gotta be done, but I hate it. Changing the duvet cover is a bête noir of mine, but probably just me on that one.
  • Options

Never use the dishwasher. I enjoy doing it traditionally too much. Also, no idea why.
    I can't handle wet bits of food, so the traditional way is a no go for me.
  • Options
    Favourite - washing up, put some music on and watch those bubbles dance.

Least favourite - dusting.
  • Options
    I hate putting the toilet seat down, and every time I go to puss in the sink its full of washing up
  • Options
    Piss I meant but puss sounds even worse
  • Options
    Pus trumps them.
  • Options
    Least favourite sorting the rubbish out. Well that's not quite accurate. I actually don't mind doing it as such. What irritates me is my wife's ability to put rubbish anywhere but the bin so having done the job and thus thought it done I wander round the house and find rubbish in all sorts of places.

The OCD in me compels me to ensure all rubbish is outside to give as clean a start to the next week as possible.

Sad I know!
  • Options

I do most of it with a smile on my face but there's one thing I refuse to do and that's unclog the bath plughole of hair, that just turns my stomach. Besides, I'm a baldy and it's not mine. I swear I've seen my good lady pull out what can only be described as like a furball coughed up by a lion.

A toothbrush is ideal for getting bits of hair up from just under the plug. Smiley face thing needed, I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worst is hoovering or bathroom, best is probably washing up, or doing the washing, chuck it all in on a 30 wash, job done
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Cleaning the bathroom. gotta be done, but I hate it. Changing the duvet cover is a bête noir of mine, but probably just me on that one.

Completely with you on the duvet one, the bloody thing never wants to go in.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    CAFCdamo said:

seth plum said:

Do you use the 'inside out' technique? Speeds things up a bit.
  • Options
    For a favourite, not sure it counts as a chore, but I like making everybody a cup of tea, and damn good tea it is as well.
  • Options
    Really dislike ironing.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

seth plum said:

Not just duvets.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Love cutting the lawn, don't mind hanging the washing out, however my ocd means I have to have the same colour pegs on a piece of clothing. Also love walking the dog, they say isn't a chore, these are also the people that said we will take him for a walk before getting him.

Hate having to put the clean washing away.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

For a favourite, not sure it counts as a chore, but I like making everybody a cup of tea, and damn good tea it is as well.

Seems to be my job most of the time too.
  • Options
    None of you have ever cleaned an oven then. Head and shoulders, that is the worst job

Mowing the grass is easy and can pretend to be a green keeper
  • Options
    Yeah forgot about cleaning the oven, I am a veggie, gawd knows what it must be like for carnivores.