Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your favourite/least favourite household chore?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015

My marriage was built on tradition. I did the blue jobs my wife the pink jobs.

Tragically I lost my wife to cancer at a really young age and with three youngish kids I found out the ugly truth about pink jobs. They are many, they are constant, time consuming, boring, repetitive, essential - and bloody hard work. Furthermore they pretty much go unnoticed and unappreciated.

You can always leave the blue jobs - cutting the grass, cleaning the car, the decorating etc. Diametrically opposed to this however .. the feeding of kids, hoovering, washing, cooking, cleaning, tidying, washing up, changing beds, ironing and sorting the children out has to be done without delay - and its all without end - it’s like painting the Forth bloody bridge.

I know the outrageous statement above could get me drummed out of the ‘Men’s Club’, but honestly guys it is the undeniable truth. I shudder to think that I used to come home from work, lay on the settee and wait for my dinner. I have (over the years) paid my penance.

If you have a similar arrangement to the one I had, buy some flowers, take her out and most importantly, say thankyou. You can (metaphorically speaking) doff your hat to your lucky, lucky stars.

Post of the year IMHO. Well said sir.
  • Options
    After my Mrs spilt rice all over it cleaning the cooker!
  • Options
    Washing up - it's the sieve, nightmare.