Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your favourite/least favourite household chore?

Comments

• Options
    It's all shit.
  • Options
    Not keen on ironing. One shirt is enough for me.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Really dislike ironing.

Never ironed anything. Ever.
  • Options
    We don't iron stuff so not a problem and I don't mind most jobs (actually like cooking) but bins and bin juice along with duvet covers for some reason are the shittest jobs
  • Options
    Riviera said:

johnny73 said:

Really dislike ironing.

Never ironed anything. Ever.
    Nor me
  • Options
    A favourite chore?
  • Options
    Dog piss/crap/sick clean-up, but hey, I don't have children, so that must be a useful training camp for dealing with the body-waste of others in the house.
  • Options
    I don't mind doing the lot to be honest, but my favourite is cooking and least favourite is sorting to recycling and the bins, even though that is my main job when it comes to womens work! Ffs
  • Options
    don't mind cooking, ironing, mowing the grass, hoovering or washing up (loading/unloading the dishwasher)

detest any actual cleaning - bathrooms/toilets etc
  • Options
    I do all the ironing in my house, have done since I left home, hate putting new duvet covers on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I do all the moaning in my house, have done since I left home, hate putting new duvet covers on.

Fixed for you mate.
  • Options

I do all the ironing in my house, have done since I left home, hate putting new duvet covers on.

There is a technique for doing them, god knows how I'd even begin to describe it but it involves turning the cover inside out and doing a kind of Scandinavian flick.

Ironing I don't mind, it's the volume of it that annoys me. And the lack of a flat surface near where the ironing board is
  • Options
    Don't mind washing up, abhor drying up when there is not enough room on the drying rack. Soggy tea towels.

Lived in a shared house a few times and then it was definitely the bathroom. The clogged up drain :( Lived with one person that put used toilet paper in the bin instead of the toilet, that was pretty nasty after a few days.
  • Options
    Logged in this morning hoping to see news of an exciting new signing, instead we have a thread with nearly 50 comments discussing household chores...

Oh well:

Favourite - hoovering/ironing
    Least favourite - cleaning bathroom
  • Options
    Carter said:

There is a technique for doing them, god knows how I'd even begin to describe it but it involves turning the cover inside out and doing a kind of Scandinavian flick.

Ironing I don't mind, it's the volume of it that annoys me. And the lack of a flat surface near where the ironing board is
    A Scandinavian flick might work with beans, but not sure about duvets.
  • Options
    Favourite: washing up

Least favourite: any type of deep clean. Bathroom toilet or oven.
  • Options
    My wife pretty much does all the household chores, but I do the ironing. Very sad I know, but I actually like doing it.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Favourite: washing up

Least favourite: any type of deep clean. Bathroom toilet or underwear

• Options
    Talal said:

Favourite - washing up, put some music on and watch those bubbles dance.

Least favourite - dusting.

Looking through this thread and would have posted exactly that, tend to listen to the radio more than watch TV so don't mind washing up at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    hate cleaning the bath, never looks that sparkling after i've finished.
  • Options
    Favourite... Hoovering
    Least Favourite... Washing Up or putting the clothes out on the line, both seem to take an age
  • Options
    Doesn't it all just magically take care of itself?
  • Options
    I would imagine those of you with teenage boys least favourite task would be washing crusty socks.
  • Options
    Favourite - Ironing (whack the music on and drift into my own world) / washing up

Worst - Changing the duvet / Cleaning the oven

Give the most satisfaction afterwards - Cleaning the oven / de-weeding the patio!
  • Options
    All of it.

I rarely even bother putting my clothes in the cupboard and just live straight from the dry clothes on the balcony.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I clean ovens for a living, so if yours need doing I'm your man :)
    Carter said:

None of you have ever cleaned an oven then. Head and shoulders, that is the worst job

Mowing the grass is easy and can pretend to be a green keeper

• Options
    I must be the lazy bstd the wife says I am I rarely do any of the above

I cook occasionaly, I fill the dish washer incorrectly, I put them away incorrectly ,

I put the bins out when I am home on a Tues , and I pick the dog shit up from the run in the garden every morning I am home unless I have less than four hrs kip till I have to leave again for work

But Apart from that I do nowt nadda nothing
  • Options
    Like ironing and cleaning bathroom
    Dislike emptying dishwasher
  • Options
    It's got to be Servicing the missus. For both of them.