Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• colthe3rd said:

Pleased for Bisping, he deserves it. Silva, Rockhold, Hendo and GSP would be some way to go out. It does though once again make a mockery of the belts and rankings.

And yes 209 looks like it'll be excellent. I honestly can not pick the winners of the main events.

Woodley. Khabib to win the co-main.
    I think I just favour wonderboy and I keep going back and forth on my pick for the other one. If I have to pick one it's Ferguson only very very slightly, just based on him being something different to what Khabib has faced.

Should be a couple of great fights though. Also it's pretty ridiculous it's Hunt v Overeem opening the main card. Really looking forward to it.
  • GSP V Bisping!!!

Pleased for Bisping as he'll get a major pay day but it's a total joke that GSP can take more than 3 years out and stroll straight back in to a title match. Romero must be fuming.
  • GSP V Bisping!!!

Pleased for Bisping as he'll get a major pay day but it's a total joke that GSP can take more than 3 years out and stroll straight back in to a title match. Romero must be fuming.
    In fairness fuck Romero the bible bashing doping prick. Rumours are that he's been given hush money over this. It's also nice to know that Rockhold it's absolutely fuming.

Mousassi is the one I'd like to eventually get a legitimate shot based on rankings, performances etc but whether that matters any more in the UFC is clearly not the case.
  • edited March 2017
    Really disappointed, thought this was the Ultimate Forster- Caskey thread.
  • GSP V Bisping!!!

Would have liked GSP to have a warm up fight first, but he will probably just lay on Bisping for most of the fight as he normally does.

Has a 5 round points decision written all over it, unless he is seriously rusty.
    This IS a warm up fight. Bisping almost got beat by a 46 year old Henderson and fluked a win against Rockhold.

Feel sorry for Romero and Jacare.
  • GSP V Bisping!!!

Would have liked GSP to have a warm up fight first, but he will probably just lay on Bisping for most of the fight as he normally does.

Has a 5 round points decision written all over it, unless he is seriously rusty.
    This IS a warm up fight. Bisping almost got beat by a 46 year old Henderson and fluked a win against Rockhold.

Oh come on now. All Hendo had was his bombs which a couple connected, other than that Bisping dominated. Would Hendo have been lucky to win if he did KO Bisping in the same way Bisping beating Rockhold was according to you? Also let's not forget that fight was on very short notice.

Fuck Rockhold, the smarmy prick, he was cocky as shit before that fight and ends up getting KO'd by the man with no KO power.

Bisping has deserved this past year for what he has done over his career.
  • Lay it on Khabib, like printing money
  • Khabib definitely
  • GSP V Bisping!!!

Annoyed that I agree with you! Why hasn't there been any talk of a Rockhold rematch? Bisping enjoying the limelight whilst it lasts?
  • edited March 2017
    Khabib was apparently hospitalised this morning (weigh-in day) and has only an hour to make weight. Right now according to Ariel Helwani he's still at the hospital.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's out.

Fucking annoying but at least it's decided for me not to stay up for it.
  • Well I guess Mystic Mac was right once again about Khabib being unreliable.
  • Saw this posted elsewhere:
    AKA major pull-outs since 2013: Velasquez x3, Cormier x3, Thomson x2, Rockhold x4 and now Khabib x4

That is disgusting, admittedly they're not all about weight but it says a lot. I've been critical of the UFC and MMA in general not doing more about stopping dangerous weight cuts but these fighters have to be smarter. I think the solution is fairly simple, more weight classes means more fighters fighting at their natural weight and possibly some sort of repercussions for fighter who continually miss weight.
  • edited March 2017
    There's issues with weight cutting which need addressing. Chris Cyborg probably has been the biggest victim.

GSP Bisping press conference now on.

https://youtu.be/QQ5DQ7eXSgc
  • I love Mike. Typical Brit in Vegas.
  • Supposedly Khabib still had 6 pounds to lose, so what's he been doing for the past couple of months? Ridiculous leaving it that late to cut the weight. Should surely consider just moving up to welterweight.
  • Complete embarrassment to the sport that GSP gets a title shot after his time out. UFC has gone the same way as boxing

and we will still buy into the product, and they know it.
  • Complete embarrassment to the sport that GSP gets a title shot after his time out. UFC has gone the same way as boxing

and we will still buy into the product, and they know it.

Embarrassing that possibly the greatest UFC fighter can demand a title shot on his return?

Bisping v GSP makes the most money in the division so not surprised they went for it. Henderson v Bisping was the joke fight that never should've happened.
  • UFC has always given old champs a shot. Randy Couture was long retired before him came back and beat Tim Sylvie back in the day.

At the end of the day big names lead to big PPV buys and UFC have been trying to get GSP back for 3yrs so it needed a title shot.

Interestingly he would never fight The Spider at middleweight.
  • Tbf a GSP return would sell easily enough without a title shot. Put him in with either Diaz and it'd probably be one of the best selling PPVs of the year. I imagine GSP said he was only coming back for a title shot and with the UFC severley lacking in stars at the moment they've had to cave in.

I don't necessarily agree with it but they've been doing this for a while. Look at McGregor. As much as I disagreed with the second Diaz fight it was a lot of fun.

We can expect this from now on. The new owners are going to want their money back and quickly, problem being that unless some of those that deserves shots start getting them the big names will start to dry up pretty fast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Drunk but not being as offensive to Bravo as the press are making out IMO.
  • Probably arguing about conspiracy theory's
  • Overall a decent event but Woodley v Wonderboy was absolute gash.
  • Anyone else going tomorrow?
  • colthe3rd said:

Anyone else going tomorrow?

I am.
  • I am too
  • Quite looking forward to the two headline fights. Initially thought this was a terrible card, although no massive names I think there are a few decent match ups.
  • colthe3rd said:

Quite looking forward to the two headline fights. Initially thought this was a terrible card, although no massive names I think there are a few decent match ups.

Totally agree I can see there being some decent fights

Luque vs Edwards
    Allen vs Amirkhani
    Duffy vs Madadi
    Diakiese vs Packalen

All stand out.
  • Very odd goings on with the DC weigh in.