Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    As Bruce Lee said a black belt is nothing more than a strip of cloth to hold your trousers up.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Jayajosh said:

Yeah of course it's MMA, I'm a brown Belt kick boxing myself. I'm referring to boxing in the context of how the fight actually turned out, two warriors slugging it out on their feet, the fight went to the ground only once in the 5th for 10 seconds. ND face got ripped apart and CM got covered in a lot of blood that wasn't his own. I studied the fight closely a second time and I don't think it's as close as some think. Great fight without doubt but CM does need to improve his cardio massively.

I'll watch it again as the first time I saw it was at 5 am on a phone after drinking all day. I don't think you can score mma rounds then same as boxing which was my point. McGregor had a cut on the side of his head under his hair although nothing like Diaz who couldn't see at time.

The stats do show it was a close fight overall. image
  • Options
    Like the Judges I had Conor winning 1, 2 and 4, if anything for the cleaner and more intelligent work. I'm surprised he even made it out to the 4th though as Nate was absolutely brutal that round.
  • Options
    It's no disrespect to nate at all, mcgregor is a fierce competitor there was no chance nate would win this fight, now I fully expect nate to be able to win the third fight but he was never going to win the second, mcgregor would have found a way to win it exactly as he did
  • Options

As Bruce Lee said a black belt is nothing more than a strip of cloth to hold your trousers up.

Bull shit. Clearly the first fight proved that's wrong.

With CM Punk debut coming up can we please stop calling McGregor CM?!
  • Options

It's no disrespect to nate at all, mcgregor is a fierce competitor there was no chance nate would win this fight, now I fully expect nate to be able to win the third fight but he was never going to win the second, mcgregor would have found a way to win it exactly as he did

If Diaz had caught him slightly earlier and the 3rd round had gone on another 20-30 seconds then Diaz would've won so to say there was no chance of him winning is rubbish.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    colthe3rd said:

Jayajosh said:

Yeah of course it's MMA, I'm a brown Belt kick boxing myself.

But a black belt in bullshit.
    Fair enough.
  • Options

If they fight at 155 then Conor is a BIG favourite, Diaz would have to drop a ton of weight to make that level.

Diaz has been in far too many wars and cops way too many head shots, he is already very punchy and may well decline very rapidly as other similar fighters have done.

Diaz thought he'd be facing the same fight he did in March and thought his size and power would be enough, he did not factor in Conor adjusting his style and fighting so differently to last time.

Last time Conor got too close to Diaz in trying to land a single shot KO and got tagged, this time he stood back and picked him off with great precision, his left hand is unreal.

Champions find a way to win.
  • Options

If Diaz had caught him slightly earlier and the 3rd round had gone on another 20-30 seconds then Diaz would've won so to say there was no chance of him winning is rubbish.
    But he never so it can be easily said this fight meant everything to mcgregor alot more on the line than Diaz there was no doubt in my mind or many many others mcgregor wins the fight Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If they fight at 155 then Conor is a BIG favourite, Diaz would have to drop a ton of weight to make that level.

Diaz has been in far too many wars and cops way too many head shots, he is already very punchy and may well decline very rapidly as other similar fighters have done.

Diaz thought he'd be facing the same fight he did in March and thought his size and power would be enough, he did not factor in Conor adjusting his style and fighting so differently to last time.

Last time Conor got too close to Diaz in trying to land a single shot KO and got tagged, this time he stood back and picked him off with great precision, his left hand is unreal.

Champions find a way to win.
    And that's exactly what I meant, i ain't saying it was rigged or fixed or being disrespectful to Diaz but mcgregor was never going to lose this fight, but the third one is an unknown
  • Options
    Diaz is a lightweight...
  • Options

'If' my granny had bollocks, she'd be my grandad.
  • Options

shine166 said:

'If' my granny had bollocks, she'd be my grandad.
    But would she be permitted to run in the women's 800M ?
    brilliant!

genuinely just laughed out loud at that!
  • Options
    Anyone else heard the latest? McGregor vs alverez on for 205 and today Aldo says he wants his UFC contract terminated after broken promises from Dana, have to feel for Aldo an absolute class fighter who always steps up and been in the game a lot longer than McGregor who IMO deserves his rematch gets pushed aside again to give McGregor what he wants.
  • Options
    Press conference last night was quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpKHW6K7EVY

I feel for Aldo, but Mcgregor makes the UFC too much money to say no to any of his demands. He runs the show now.
  • Options
    McGregor was on form last night
  • Options
    at the moment McGregor is the UFC. and with this being the first event in New York, he could ask for anything he wants.
  • Options
    The Stephens slap down was brilliant tbf. All the money stuff is getting a bit boring though.

As much of a phenomenal achievement it would be to win two belts there's no way he should have been allowed to hold on to the FW belt this long without a defence. Looking forward to this one though, the PPVs have been a bit lacking since 199 imo but 205 really is a phenomenal card. Just hoping no injuries and no pops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This long without a defence? Hasn't even been a year. Aldo twice went over a year without defending so his moaning is a bit pathetic to be honest.

Pretty sure that after Alvarez, McGregor will be told his next fight has to be at 145 or he gives up the belt.
  • Options
    But it will be well over a year by the time he defends it, if he ever does defend it. He'll have had 3 fights in that time. I don't begrudge him fighting for the LW title. The first Diaz fight fine, he stepped in after RDA got injured, not so much of a problem with that. The second Diaz fight was utterly pointless especially when it's holding up the FW title. Make him defend the belt and then still move on to the LW title. Problem was that the UFC are desperate for him to have both titles as it all plays out to a great story.

Aldo yes you're correct but he was injured. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. McGregor still has far too much power over the UFC, if he has no intention of ever defending the FW belt and it's just being held to get that 2 weight champion title then that's wrong imo and he should have been forced to defend it or give it up. The fact we have a FW interim champ and the real champ wasn't injured or suspended tells us everything.
  • Options
    Can we change the thread title?

Bit bored with McGregor's press conferences. Only the remark to Frankie Edgar made me laugh. Ridiculous that he gets a shot at the LW title after beating a top 10 fighter at WW. Not surprised (motherfucker) that Aldo has had enough.
  • Options

Thanks for posting it CA, couldn't do it on my phone. I think he made a lot of valid points, but he is a victim of his own self promotion.

No doubt he has put UFC on the mainstream map more than most through his personality.

He may be a victim of his own self promotion, however if it wasn't for him, a lot of people wouldn't have seen a UFC fight. UFC needs him as much as he needs UFC.
    Said this back in April.
  • Options
    the constant money chat is boring, but hes right as in he is mr ufc, many people a year ago didnt know who he was or what ufc is, was at his 1st fight in dublin the irish absolutely fucking love him and he loves them back.
  • Options

Can we change the thread title?

Yeah it's annoying me too. Might start a new thread.
  • Options
    McGregor isn't UFC, I have watched mma for about 12 years now and he wouldn't even make the top 30 fighters, he has a big mouth and has never beat anyone worth much apart from his lucky punch he got against Aldo.

Chad Mendez got two weeks notice and Diaz is an average fighter at best, Aldo has destroyed the best and done it for a long time, which ever way you look at it it's wrong to deny Aldo his rematch and the ufc needs to be careful because a lot more fighters will start jumping ship.

• Options

McGregor isn't UFC, I have watched mma for about 12 years now and he wouldn't even make the top 30 fighters, he has a big mouth and has never beat anyone worth much apart from his lucky punch he got against Aldo.

Chad Mendez got two weeks notice and Diaz is an average fighter at best, Aldo has destroyed the best and done it for a long time, which ever way you look at it it's wrong to deny Aldo his rematch and the ufc needs to be careful because a lot more fighters will start jumping ship.

A knockout punch is a knockout punch.

If you allow yourself to get caught, don't be surprised if you get KO'd.
  • Options
    So buster Douglas is better than Mike Tyson? Matt Serra better than GSP? Many top fighters get caught sometimes.
  • Options

Spot on.