Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your top 5 spectator sports - outside of football

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rugby Union (above football)
    Boxing
    Horseracing
    Cricket
    Golf
  • Options
    Baseball - So many saying on the other thread "don't understand the rules" etc. That is the beauty of the game.

Track athletics especially middle distance

Listening to Test Match Special on the radio
  • Options

Baseball - So many saying on the other thread "don't understand the rules" etc. That is the beauty of the game.

Track athletics especially middle distance

Listening to Test Match Special on the radio

Agree Henry on baseball.

So much depth to it, and strategically so many approaches that teams can take. I especially love the way that a ball club can go all the way into the post season based on a line up that just works together, rather than just having the best individuals. Last years Royals were a prime example of this, along with the Sox from 2013.
  • Options
    Baseball would hold some kind of value for me if they played, say, 30 or 40 games in a season. They play 160 for fuck's sake. It's utterly stupid.
  • Options
    NFL
    Boxing
    Golf
    Rugby League
    Snooker
  • Options
    1) NFL
    2) Tennis
    3) Horse Racing
    4) Track & Field (major events)
    5) Any Olympic sport (British interest)
  • Options
    Cricket - any teams, any format.

Tennis - any players, mostly Grand Slams and Davis Cup.

Rugby Union - 6 nations, World Cups and Lions' tours.

Golf - Ryder Cup and the final rounds of the majors.

NFL - converted to it once I spent a Sunday in front of a TV in America. Yet to pick a franchise though...
  • Options
    So, it seems that on balance Lifer's favourite sports are Cricket, Rugby, Tennis, Golf and Boxing. Least Preferred are Basketball and F1, by a country mile. Personally I was surprised at how popular darts is and how unpopular horse racing is. American Football and Baseball seem to be the ones that really divide opinion.

Screenshot 2015-07-16 03.16.35

Method: 1 point given (green) for every positive comment on this thread. 1 point taken away (red) for every negative comment on the sister thread. Some sports amalgamated, for example both codes of rugby, and all formats of cricket. Multiple votes for one sport only counted once. Only sports with more than one mention are shown.
  • Options
    Rugby League
    Rugby Union
    Cricket
    Tennis
    Athletics

I could also add Womens Football to above
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    And outside of England football matches, Formula One is one of the most viewed sports on TV in the UK.

Must be something to do with the correlation between football and F1 fans.

Tennis for instance - outside of Wimbledon is surprisingly small. But the restriction to pay TV may hurt it.

Darts and snooker were quite popular here - but they are utterly tiny in terms of TV viewing across the year.

Golf and cricket are tiny in comparison as well with viewing restricted to one of two events (Ashes etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Rugby Union
    2. Snooker (watching it in HD is like being on acid, those colours...)
    3. Tennis
    4.UFC

Not really got any interest in anything else. I can give you all a definitive answer and tell you that cricket and golf are both shite.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Rugby Union is the only other sport I have paid money to watch

Perhaps 20/20 if my mate pulls his finger out

I'm going to Surrey v Sussex 20/20 next Friday - supposed to be a laugh from what I heard.
  • Options
    Boxing
    Cricket
    Tennis

Can't even make five outside of football I care about.