Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2015 Open

Who are we backing for the claret jug?

Was going to back Rickie Fowler before last week but his odds have come right in.

Speith is unbackable at the current odds so I will be putting money on Louis Oosthuizen and Phil Mickleson

Comments

• Dustin, Fowler and Sergio
  • Rose - top 5.

Z Johnson
    Jiminez
    Schwartzel

Top 10

Woods to miss the cut
  • Scott
    Oosthuizen
    Lowry
  • Spieth to win, Oosthuizen and Lowry each way. Jordan has already done me a favour in the Masters and US Open so I am not going to desert him here, despite the shortish price
  • backed fowler last week at 33/1 hes now 16/1 so hoping he can get something pp are 7 places so even a place would be nice.
  • Andy Murray.
  • Scott, Stenson and Bubba.

I am backing Patrick Reed until he wins a major but I think The Open is one step too far. I’ll lump on him at the PGA.
  • Andy Murray.

He retired years ago. Now does the occasional sumarising for 5 Live.
  • shirty5 said:

Andy Murray.

He retired years ago. Now does the occasional sumarising for 5 Live.
    Bugger me you're right.
  • I'm up here now. Playing Burntisland GC today, day 1 at St Andrews tomorrow, Aberdour GC Friday morning before flying back home Friday night. It's going to be all about the weather. Apparently those going out later tomorrow are going to suffer - winds rise from 10mph to 25mph. I'm going to check the conditions out tomorrow AM when I get there and bet then. Friday is foul for everybody.

Worked last year - won a LOT on Ashley Chesters Top Amateur and Tom Watson Top Senior.

The home of golf - cannot wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    supaclive said:

I'm up here now. Playing Burntisland GC today, day 1 at St Andrews tomorrow, Aberdour GC Friday morning before flying back home Friday night. It's going to be all about the weather. Apparently those going out later tomorrow are going to suffer - winds rise from 10mph to 25mph. I'm going to check the conditions out tomorrow AM when I get there and bet then. Friday is foul for everybody.

Worked last year - won a LOT on Ashley Chesters Top Amateur and Tom Watson Top Senior.

The home of golf - cannot wait.

Supaclive, if you are near to St Andrews, check out St Michaels Golf Club near Leuchars they have a special package for 18 holes + breakfast starting at 6am
    http://www.stmichaelsgolfclub.com/
  • edited July 2015
    So difficult to call, have gone E/W on Grace, Fleetwood and Jiminez.

Hard to pick from anyone around the 20 or 30 mark, fancy Stenson and Kaymer but can't bring myself to back them.

Gone E/W on Poulter too but because I want him to do well, rather than thinking he will.

Hope we have a close finish come Sunday evening!
  • Goosen to roll back the years (Betfair prices -18 for top 10 finish, 44 for top 5 and 330 outright).
  • Lowry might do well
  • Oosthuizen e/w
  • Sergioooo
  • Sergio, Reed , Fowler and Rose all e/w
  • Kaymer a dark horse for me. Going on Friday and Sunday.
  • Goosen to roll back the years (Betfair prices -18 for top 10 finish, 44 for top 5 and 330 outright).

250-1 I've had a £5 e/w
    Goose could surprise a few people.
  • Looking at the potential weather - I've gone for people with Links experience and good in the wind/rain and mixed it with a few 'in-form' players. So I have done the following for a top 5 finish-: Kaymer, McDowell, Westwood, Poulter, Speith. Also did Rose as outright winner, backed up by Top 5 finish. Nice result if they all come in......IF!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• The most "open" Open for years so long as Speith doesn't run away with it (and if he does that will be a story in itself). A big name generally wins at St Andrews. Oosthuisen was the closet to an outsider in recent years but maybe this year someone will come out of nowhere. I have a sneaky feeling for Rose and Jason Day if he remains healthy. Of the outsiders, fleetwood and Lowry.

2 under after 2

Price crashed - to 170 on Betfair ;-)
  • maybe the home of golf but probably the easiest of all the courses on the rota
  • maybe the home of golf but probably the easiest of all the courses on the rota

Agree......it only really has weather to protect it against the modern technology.
  • David Lingmerth -7 after 9

No less than eight 3s. Not sure what happened on the 5th - a par 5 for gawd's sake.
  • Lindergarth 7 under after 9 holes, sorry but that aint a OPEN test.
  • He was ranked 212th in the world only last month.
  • He beat Rose to win at Memorial, looks a good player
  • Rose 22-1 on Bet 365. Each way 1-5.
  • I took Reed and Lowry. possibly the only players over par atm