Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2015 Open

Comments

• Options

Fuck em, they weren't moaning yesterday morning, or yesterday afternoon when it was blowing a holli

Hope the wind gets up more mate then people will realise why our open is the governor of all the majors , it becomes a test of shot making ie shaping the ball great short game , putting all aspects of golf.

Keep going goose you can do it son.
  • Options
    Play suspended at 7.32 due to high winds that's a shame , boys finishing off their rounds might av dropped a few shots .
  • Options
    agree mate, Goose is playing a blinder considering the amount of time he missed through injury.
  • Options
    Best amateur field in years as well, silver medal a real good competition this year.
  • Options
    Looking more like a Monday finish at this rate
  • Options

Has that happened before?

• Options
    edited July 2015

Yes. 1988
    Riviera said:

Yes.
  • Options
    No play before 3.00 at the earliest.
  • Options
    The poor lambs cannot play because it's windy!

Pathetic!

Has the wind never blown before during a round of golf?
  • Options
    Len, they can't place the ball on the greens without them moving it's that bad. The grandstands are probably not safe and neither are the camera towers. The R & A have it spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My crew up there have been taken off course so it must be bad , only ever happened to us once before and that was boardmasters last yr where the whole last day cancelled ,

Hope it goes to Monday so I get to see as much play as I can , that's if our mobile homes ain't in the sea
  • Options
    Must be bad as the protective netting around the camera towers is/has being removed for fear of the towers blowing over. I can see it being suspended today completely and playing Sunday,Monday
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Len, they can't place the ball on the greens without them moving it's that bad. The grandstands are probably not safe and neither are the camera towers. The R & A have it spot on.

I agree that if the wind is, say, 50 MPH or more safety issues come into play.

I made my comment having heard it was 20 MPH which is a bit of a breeze yes but hardly life threatening.

One of the fascinations of golf is coping with differing conditions over 4 rounds it smacks to me of prima donna players climbing out of their prams because they don't like the conditions.

EDIT: Just seen NLA's post so I guess there may be more to it.
  • Options
    Gusts of well over 40mph
  • Options
    Monday finish:

R&A Statement

The forecasts we are receiving predict a drop in wind speeds between 3 & 4pm. Play is expected to resume at 4pm, providing we have acceptable wind speeds. The intention is to complete the second round today with the third round to be played on Sunday and the final round to be played on Monday.
  • Options
    Way over mate been quite an experience for my guys and a few hair raising moments in their vans
  • Options
    Backed Harrington yesterday morning @ 100/1.
  • Options
    Never seen so many birdies in my life. Extraordinarily stuff. Pick a winner. Any one from about twenty five at the moment.
  • Options
    Is that Pedro caddying for Harrington ?
  • Options
    Good odds on a play-off...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heading up there in a couple of hours long old drive ahead but should be worth while aa we get to watch the final day,
  • Options
    Oooooooost!!!!!

• Options

Oooooooost!!!!!

Gooseeeeee
  • Options
    Rooooooooooooose
  • Options
    Sergiooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Harrrrrrrrrrrrington
  • Options
    Day
  • Options
    yyyyyyyyyyy
  • Options
    Dustin Johnson in majors:

Rounds 1 & 2 = -31
    Rounds 3 & 4 = +3

Damning record
  • Options
    I don't understand how ESPN has been showing live coverage in America for ages today, yet the BBC can't even stream online.

Mickelson is going low but he's too far back. No one is worse than +2 so far, lots of low scores again (obviously).