Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non Charlton - Rumours/Transfer Window

Comments

• 'and Blackburn only signing two players thus far'

believe they are under a transfer embargo
  • 'and Blackburn only signing two players thus far'

believe they are under a transfer embargo

Oh god yes... Forgot about that
  • edited July 2015
    Fulham have signed Everton's young defender Luke Garbutt on a season long loan. Very decent signing.
  • Plus Fulham have had a 4 million bid for goal scoring CB Lewis Dunk (double against us) turned down. (did we drop out at 2 mill ?)
  • Blackburn are mad to turn down £12m for Rhodes
  • Hamer to Forest
  • Blackburn are mad to turn down £12m for Rhodes

but not if his goals get Blackburn anywhere near promotion or the play offs
  • Jordan Rhodes isnt too happy that Blackburn have rejected a £12m offer for him from Middlesbrough.

RHODES UNHAPPY WITH BLACKBURN

Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes has spoken out over Middlesbrough’s interest in him.

According to Sky sources, Boro are willing to fork out £12m for the striker, but he told ESPN FC he is unhappy after hearing Blackburn rejected an offer.

“I am ambitious and have never hidden my desire to play at the highest level possible and that was one of the reasons why I left Huddersfield Town for Blackburn.

"When I left Huddersfield I felt the timing was right in the next stage of my career and, having seen Middlesbrough's performances last season in reaching the play-off final and their ambition this summer in terms of acquisitions, I would have liked to have been able to talk to them and I am unhappy at not being given that opportunity."

With Rudy Gestede being linked with Aston Villa today and Blackburn only signing two players thus far this Transfer Window they could be strugglers for next season

Well Rhodes shouldn't have signed such a long contract if he is going to cry at having to be at Blackburn.

These players want it all their own way.
  • dizzee said:

Jordan Rhodes isnt too happy that Blackburn have rejected a £12m offer for him from Middlesbrough.

Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes has spoken out over Middlesbrough’s interest in him.

According to Sky sources, Boro are willing to fork out £12m for the striker, but he told ESPN FC he is unhappy after hearing Blackburn rejected an offer.

“I am ambitious and have never hidden my desire to play at the highest level possible and that was one of the reasons why I left Huddersfield Town for Blackburn.

"When I left Huddersfield I felt the timing was right in the next stage of my career and, having seen Middlesbrough's performances last season in reaching the play-off final and their ambition this summer in terms of acquisitions, I would have liked to have been able to talk to them and I am unhappy at not being given that opportunity."

With Rudy Gestede being linked with Aston Villa today and Blackburn only signing two players thus far this Transfer Window they could be strugglers for next season

Well Rhodes shouldn't have signed such a long contract if he is going to cry at having to be at Blackburn.

It's also the cheek of playing the media in making these statements. As a fan, buying tickets and paying this guys wages I wouldn't be happy.

One wonders if he's trying to make his position untenable by getting the fans on the warpath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey, he might have to get off his arse and do some work!!!
  • edited July 2015
    In England BWP was always in the shadow of his brother, must be quite cool for him (even if he'd never admit it) to be the main man now.
  • Diego Fabbrini [Watford - Middlesbrough] Loan .. a very skilful player but he does like a dive .. vies with Forestieri for the synchronised event
  • Diego Fabbrini [Watford - Middlesbrough] Loan .. a very skilful player but he does like a dive .. vies with Forestieri for the synchronised event

Lincs, Payet was practising his dives for the new season, down the covered end on Saturday. the Ref gave him 3.5 and a yellow card.

• Stoke sign Afellay on a two year deal.
  • How the fuck are Stoke signing Afellay and potentially Shaqiri?
  • CAFCsayer said:

How the fuck are Stoke signing Afellay and potentially Shaqiri?

shaqiri rejected them
  • Wolve's Sako going to West Brom
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    Isn't shaqiri at inter now?
  • What is even more amazing is that I don't think SWP is a designated player meaning the most he can make is. 400k dollars per year.
  • dizzee said:

Isn't shaqiri at inter now?

he's been told he can leave.
  • Lawrie Wilson set to sign for Bolton after impressing on trial there... looks set to become first choice RB!

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13500936.Striker_Stephen_Dobbie_and_full_back_Lawrie_Wilson_edge_closer_to_Wanderers_moves/?ref=rss

I'd take him back as cover down the right...

I think Bolton could be in the relegation scrap this season. Serious comment.
  • Stoke must be one striker away from being real contenders for a Europa league spot
  • Greenie said:

Lawrie Wilson set to sign for Bolton after impressing on trial there... looks set to become first choice RB!

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13500936.Striker_Stephen_Dobbie_and_full_back_Lawrie_Wilson_edge_closer_to_Wanderers_moves/?ref=rss

I'd take him back as cover down the right...

Good luck to him, however if we need to get to the next level, we need better than him.
    I agree with you entirely... but we are short of cover at both right mid and right back! Here was have one man who can cover both positions.. is relatively cheap and has proven he can do a job in both positions in the championship... He also knows the club and is well liked by the fans! I'd jump at that opportunity at this stage of preseason!
  • LuckyReds said:

dizzee said:

Jordan Rhodes isnt too happy that Blackburn have rejected a £12m offer for him from Middlesbrough.

It's also the cheek of playing the media in making these statements. As a fan, buying tickets and paying this guys wages I wouldn't be happy.

One wonders if he's trying to make his position untenable by getting the fans on the warpath.
    Always happy to sign a long term contract on more money until it looks like another club will pay them even more money and then they are 'unhappy' at not being allowed to progress their career.

I have no doubt that he is for sale it's just the price that has to be sorted out. I suspect that if the price rises to, say £17m, and Rhodes is asked to earn £5m less over the term of his contract that would make him happy would it not?